Sign in to follow this  
Hawdian

The Hollywood Perception of Somali Men

Rahima   

*Ibtisam;982653 wrote:
I find Said Rage hypocritical in this topic- he left his Somali wife and kids for a blond, blue eyed women- and his Somali wife's family paid for HIS wedding when he was a broke student. On reflection I am sure the family regret being so nice to him.

I guess hypocrisy is the flavour of the month with Somali men. There seems to be more Somali men who are married to non-Somali women than the other way round, yet so many on SOL froth at the mouth over a sisters right to choose whilst choosing to ignore the actions of the 'brothers'.

Let's call a spade a spade boys: whilst it is generally not the reason that a small number of Somali women choose to marry ajanabi men, as a whole Somali men lag behind Somali women and deserve the criticism levelled at them. Stop deflecting, stop whining, pick up your macawiisyo and get your act together.

Maqane   

guleed_ali;982630 wrote:
Wake up people! Wake up!

So you took this serious miyaa? :D

guleed_ali;982628 wrote:

Here's an article I just saw coincidentally, food for thought!

Nonsense! The author of the article is twisting what rageh said by blaming all Somali women who live abroad and using this as an excuse.

Maqane   

Sida caadiga ah, Gabadha ma aha waxa lacagta doonaya, waa qoyskeeda. Qoysaska Soomalida waxaa jira kuwo cirka laga soo gamay oo weliba cunsuri ah oo markii gabadhooda gacan la waydiisto la soo booda "Aaway sooryadii?", hadii xitaa ay gabadha aanay wax sooryo ah ka rabin wiilka soo doontay. Waxay ugu hanjabaan ineysan gabadhooda bixineyn hadiii uusan keenin lacag aan caqli gal ahayn. Inta badan sheekadan waxay ku dhamaataa ""Masaafo (gabadha oo reerkeeda isaga cararto si ay u nikaaxsato wiilka ay jeclayd)"". Marka eedeynta waxaa iska leh Qoyska.

Hawdian   

*Ibtisam;982653 wrote:
I find Said Rage hypocritical in this topic- he left his Somali wife and kids for a blond, blue eyed women- and his Somali wife's family paid for HIS wedding when he was a broke student. On reflection I am sure the family regret being so nice to him.

I heard one story does not constitute "lots" or "facts"- an anomaly at best.

I Really Doubt You Know anything about Sheikh S. Raage or His private Life . Another thing Its quit Weak on your part that you going for the Personal Attack Even When I did Warn you before I posted the Article.

"Left his children #WTF????

What Sheikh Saaceed Raage Said waa ruun ,, He was the Imam Whom the "Couple" asked to do the Maheer@utuubka.

Maarkaas Isweeydiinto Waxe Weey Guurmeen Daadkeeyno Fahmaanyaan Raagi waa Raag amba hA noqdo Cadaan,Amba Maoodow ee Dooro Qof Naftada ku Fcn oo inn badan islaa noolaanee kartaan oo iska daaya waxa sharaf laa,,aanta* oooh ah maanta waxan guursanya abu habel aroorta abu Shyadan

*= ummada oo dhan maaxa waa iinn tiiraa yaar .

Note: Ruuntu Weey AdagteeY oo waa Qadhaadh laakin waa daawuu.

Haatu   

I always have a saying, boqor boqorad unbaa u qalantaa. Marka tii gob Soomaaliyeed ka faanayso, gunta ha iimaansato :D

In all seriousness, I have a lot of sisters, cousins, female relatives and nearly every single one of them is either married to a Somali or will marry a Somali so let's not insult our sisters. Yes, there are a few self-hating rotten apples but the vast majority are dignified people.

chubacka   

^ Your implication that every somali person ( I am including men in this catagory) that marry's outside their race is "self hating" blah blah is very offensive and very childish.

Really, we still have a problem with people marrying whomever they please? Bloody least of our worries.

Haatu   

chubacka;982791 wrote:
^ Your implication that every somali person ( I am including men in this catagory) that marry's outside their race is "self hating" blah blah is very offensive and very childish.

Really, we still have a problem with people marrying whomever they please? Bloody least of our worries.

Not at all. I was making a general comment saying yes there are some self hating people but we shouldn't paint everyone with the same brush so next time go easy with the insults without asking for clarification.

chubacka   

I didn't ask for clarification as the point you made was very clear: those who have a problem with their ethnicity and have some self loathing, express this by marrying someone outside their race and thereby lose their "dignity"

Maybe you have changed your mind now but that was the jist of your comment.

Ibtisam   

Hawdian;982752 wrote:
I Really Doubt You Know anything about Sheikh S. Raage or His private Life . Another thing Its quit Weak on your part that you going for the Personal Attack Even When I did Warn you before I posted the Article.

"Left his children #WTF????

What Sheikh Saaceed Raage Said waa ruun ,, He was the Imam Whom the "Couple" asked to do the Maheer@utuubka.

Maarkaas Isweeydiinto Waxe Weey Guurmeen Daadkeeyno Fahmaanyaan Raagi waa Raag amba hA noqdo Cadaan,Amba Maoodow ee Dooro Qof Naftada ku Fcn oo inn badan islaa noolaanee kartaan oo iska daaya waxa sharaf laa,,aanta* oooh ah maanta waxan guursanya abu habel aroorta abu Shyadan

*= ummada oo dhan maaxa waa iinn tiiraa yaar .

Note: Ruuntu Weey AdagteeY oo waa Qadhaadh laakin waa daawuu.

Oh I am Sorry is the truth of your idol painful? As you said truth is painful. I know his Somali kids well, probably better than he does.- Ask him if you think I'm lying. He was obsessed with marrying a white revert- So whatever else he can lecture people on, I refused for him to preach me about cadaan cabuud. The frigging cheek. It is irrelevant whether this case is true- in fact it might well be true- so what? Can I use his own specific case to say most of our Somali brothers are leaving Somali sisters or marrying white women? I didnt think so.

Also he gave that talk in Hargeisa- other than making his audience laugh and making a mockery of Somali sisters- what point did this achieve? Is the risk in Hargeisa greater?

IF you are going to idolize someone- you should probably find out what you can about them so you are not shocked.

May god bless him for his contributions and good deeds and forgive him for his misgiving, laakin on this topic, the man is chatting breeez, people in glass houses should not throw stones- especially in Hargeisa.