Sign in to follow this  
Hawdian

The Hollywood Perception of Somali Men

Saalax   

You posted what we already know, ethnicity is determined by ancestry ( especially paternal lineage

aka father lineage) and what comes with it (homeland) , history, cultural heritage, physical appearance ).

Wa maxay bacaacdan aad la ordaysiid marka? Ma hooyo ba lagu abtirsada?

Tallaabo   

^ Tell me which of these men is closer to you: a Nigerian man living in Lagos who looks more like a Nigerian, speaks no Somali, and knows nothing about us but whose father is Duriyada. And another man whose mother is Duriyada but hails from Gaalkacayo and lives there.

Saalax   

Well that is different your comparing a full Somali and a half Nigerian. Your question should have been a

Nigerian with a duriyaad mother who lives with us and a Nigerian looking guy with a duriyaad father

but doesn't live with us. Well obviously the Nigerian looking guy with the Somali father, because he

has a Somali identity > Tribe. It never comes to that anyway most kids with Somali father and

non Somali woman know their roots example MP Amir Adan.

Ibtisam   

Saalax;983058 wrote:
Ibtisam That is false. Maybe your talking about some white girls, but no one likes a foreigner men

coming to their land. Ask the racism Nimcaan Bowden faced a so called white born to a Somaliland

woman about 22 years ago
;)
. He now wishes to leave Somaliland to a different country because

the discrimination he faced. So don't sell people false dreams that aren't there but the reality, the

locals if they see anybody with a different color than the usual Somalilanders who don't belong to

them they start to bully them. So if the whites are facing racism, do you think Nigerians and Bengalis

will be welcomed Lol? Riiyo baad ku noshahay Ibtisaam, they will be called curry eaters and adoon.

You don't know our people back home well, we all know how Oromos are already treated and

deported daily. The locals are more ok with other people visiting their country but not integration

into their society , the whole Somaliland citizenship is anti integration from other non Somaliland

communities. They even discriminate against other non Somaliland Somalis and here Ibtisam

is trying to convince us they will accept Bengalis and Nigerians in their society Lool. Let's

be realistic.

Salaax unless there is a different Somaliland, I live and have lived here for coming up to three years in March inshallah. And no, It is nothing like we think in forums. But hey you can find out the hard way yourself-

As for Naiman- the man wants a passport and doof, in fact he is entitled to it as a dual citizen. What he says in his application and camapign is not a reality. I am sure when you claimed asluym you probably told a few lies, heck who knows maybe waxaad ku dhiibantahey mid*gaan, shanshi or some other minority. I even know Somalis who claim to be gay and persecuted despite being married with kids and not gay. So weak example.

Anyway laters boys, haa idiin macaantu- but know Somaliland is open for everyone- equally.

Hawdian   

Ibtisam what did you claim when you ask for Baasaboor ? My guess would be HomoSinga Singa from Yuuganda . As we say in JSL to people like you - Yallah baladkum ya Hindustani ruux ya khadam :cool: Hakuu macaanto riyado. Dont ever talk about a place you have lived for such a short time waxas waa nacasnimo. :cool: Note: Just dont like rude guests . JSL is open for all but its the land of the natives with all the rights that includes wether you like or not.

Saalax   

I was born in this land aad ka hadlaysiid and grew up there, I went there for a holiday. So perhaps it

is you that is living in a Utopia where integration and everything is perfect Lol.

That is not the only reason, read the news and even ask Jacaylbro how the local kids looks always look

at him with his different skin color and the fact he was born to a Somaliland woman and his father

being non Somalilander makes it worse. They are ok with people visiting their country for holiday

but not integration. Lol as for me Burco ba igu qoran passportka. I don't hide who I am. In Mogadishu

different cultures are more accepted there whether your Ugandan, Burundian, Nigerian, Cad Cad etc. So

had you said Mogadishu instead of Somaliland I would have believed you. Somaliland is not open to

everyone don't mislead people, if it was open to everyone why are Oromos and southern Somalis deported?

Like I said wake up from the dreams.

Reeyo   

This all sounds like alot of hot air about nothing.

The only thing this thread has highlighted is some men here reflect their own personal insecurities on Somali women.

I suggest you all go buy a self-help guide and deal with your mirror.

Hawdian   

The article I posted in this Blog was written. by a young lady I suggest you read that again before you accuse anybody wether men or women. thnx.:cool: This is not communist russia but a free world so chill.

Reeyo   

I read it, it came across as level-headed but rather cliche - thinking in terms of the village, Somali is global identity and everyone-whether male or female has his/her own identity to create and deal without the added burden of 'assuming we all care about the same issues'.

This focus on personal choices people make and branding it and generalising them to 'Somali' is silly and rather limiting- time to move on.

Saalax   

Nobody cares what personal choice some obscure insecure halimo might make. Just remember

if your kids are foreigners they will never be accepted in our society , at least in Somaliland.

Nobody cares if you marry a Nigerian and stay in Nigeria, dhuulkeena lama keeni karo laakin.

Hawdian   

These things are personal choices and so they should be we are all individuals. However once people write factual wrong statments (re:JSL) and believe they can or will not be challenged that when I stop them wether they like or not . finally its time to stop and move on .:cool: May allah swt deal in the best suitable way for people who mock our culamas and criticise for no reason but to boost.

Guzel   

Saalax;983110 wrote:
Nobody cares what personal choice some obscure insecure halimo might make. Just remember

if your kids are foreigners they will never be accepted in our society , at least in Somaliland.

Nobody cares if you marry a Nigerian and stay in Nigeria, dhuulkeena lama keeni karo laakin.

You are on the wrong side of history, with prosperity, education and centralised governance, clan will lose its importance. Your children let alone your grandchildren will not be sharing your views. Maybe the majority of people in Somaliland now share your views, but for how long?

Saalax   

Never. Just like the Arabs haven't lost their clan structure despite all those oil money and high

skyscrapers. Maybe southerners are ok with mudding their identity but not Somalilanders. The

whole reason for reviving and the creation for Somaliland is a safe homeland for the people of

Somaliland. So don't hold your breath.

Saalax;983117 wrote:
Never. Just like the Arabs haven't lost their clan structure despite all those oil money and high

skyscrapers. Maybe southerners are ok with mudding their identity but not Somalilanders. The

whole reason for reviving and the creation for Somaliland is a safe homeland for the people of

Somaliland. So don't hold your breath.

+1

if the kids father is not from somaliland descent absolutely no longer accepted, just once they have foreign husband, they have to make sure to stay away from somaliland .