Sign in to follow this  
Hawdian

The Hollywood Perception of Somali Men

RaMpAgE   

Sheik Raage has indeed spoken the truth, theirs a massive inferiority complex with a lot of the Xalimos in the West noways. Now the

story he retold is not something new and many including myself has seen it happen, wheres a Xalimo sells her self cheap to a ajnabi

and gives hard time to her Somali brothers. Now I don't care if they marry ajnabis but what annoys me is most of them once they marry

ajnabi they start bagging our Somali culture and Somali men, Whats more they all use 'Deen' to cover up their lust for Ajnabi men, Na if you going to marry ajnabi then marry him, stop hiding and using lines like 'aslong as hes muslim' or 'I want a man with deen' as if their no niman somali with deen.

Faheema.   

*Ibtisam;982820 wrote:
the man is chatting breeez,.

lool, I haven't heard that in ages :D

As for the so called topic...Stuff and Nonsense 2013

Rahima   

Khayr;982746 wrote:
^ I don't get your point. If it is a rant, then I get it cause rants have no points!

I didn't expect that you would see your own hypocrisy. Get a hobby boys and stop this obsession with who Somali women choose to marry- it isn't about you.

Rahima;982838 wrote:
I didn't expect that you would see your own hypocrisy. Get a hobby boys and stop this obsession with who Somali women choose to marry- it isn't about you.

I think what a lot of the posters on this thread are upset about, is the perceived "cheapness" of Somali women when they choose to lower their standards when marrying an Ajnabi man. If a Xalimo wants to marry a foreigner, go ahead. But don't lower the standards you had in place for Somali men, because this just embarrasses us as a people.

If I, as a Somali man, am capable of marrying a Pakistani woman with much more ease than a local Pakistani man, then that would be disturbing and downright disgraceful for all Pakistanis. If I am capable of marrying her with only a $5 Mahr while the Paki brother would have to give her a Mahr of $5000, it would send a message that their women are worthless and easy to marry. Am I correct here?

We're not asking this Somali sister to stick to her own kind. We're just asking her to have a little self-respect. Marry whoever you want. Just have some self-respect

Haatu   

chubacka;982794 wrote:
I didn't ask for clarification as the point you made was very clear: those who have a problem with their ethnicity and have some self loathing, express this by marrying someone outside their race and thereby lose their "dignity"

Maybe you have changed your mind now but that was the jist of your comment.

I didn't change my mind, it's that you have a problem reading. This is what I said:

Yes, there are a
few
self-hating rotten apples but the
vast majority
are dignified people.

So where did I say that every lady that marries a non-Somali is a self-hater? Take time to read what people comment before typing.

Hawdian   

Inadeeryaaal Qof kasto illah waxuu Siiyo Khair ha uga Dhigoo.

WaXaan laa sii daardarmaya Rhaga oo aan leeyahey oogow Suuldaanow haaded Fikirkaga Ka weeynaaniin Magaalo ,Qaabil,Amba Gobol, Aduu uu beey Shekado kugu soo Noqoneysaa. eee Hurdada ka soo Kacaaa.:cool:

Ibtisam   

Pakistani and most Asian women are expected to PAY for a husband- hence why Somali men are an easy option for them. :P

Lol now we are discussing the payment for women, imissa ayaad ku iibsaan- what is the right price for a human being marka horeyaba? Who or what determines that price. And finally if something is priceless i.e. a human being how can you talk about cheap and expensive.

The mehr is not something to haggle about nor is it connected to the worth of the said women. I have seen many women who after considering the condition of their chosen man ask for a token mehr or something within the capacity of the husband. I think this attitude that the mehr BUYS you a women is probably why are you are so upset- after all if you can buy an apple for $1, no one wants to pay $10.

Dedicated to the crying SOL boys from the foreign men's who married Somali women.

^^ The Maher was just an example of the entire attitude I was trying to convey here. Some (and I only mean SOME) Somali women say to a brother "I want this, I want that, I want this, I want that" (car, house, clothes, everything) .....but when she meets an Ajnabi she says to him "My only requirement is that you're Muslim" ....are you telling me you aren't disturbed by this pattern? Why the two sets of standards?

Again, this only goes for a small minority of women.

And BTW, Pakistanis are Muslims. So the men would have to pay a Maher to find a wife. You're confusing Pakis with Hindus here...

Tallaabo   

nuune;982753 wrote:
Didn't know Rageh inuu naag cadaana faaganayo!!

Dee labeentii ay Raage Cumar iyo Mo Faarax heleen ayuu isna raadsaday:p

Tallaabo   

DoctorKenney;982852 wrote:
^^ The Maher was just an example of the entire attitude I was trying to convey here. Some (and I only mean SOME) Somali women say to a brother "I want this, I want that, I want this, I want that" (car, house, clothes, everything) .....but when she meets an Ajnabi she says to him "My only requirement is that you're Muslim" ....are you telling me you aren't disturbed by this pattern? Why the two sets of standards?

Again, this only goes for a small minority of women.

And BTW, Pakistanis are Muslims. So the men would have to pay a Maher to find a wife. You're confusing Pakis with Hindus here.

Actually all the Indian Muslims and I think the Pakistanis and Bangladeshis too have the same damn culture as the Hindus when it comes to marriage. The woman literally buys the man;)

Jacpher   

And now we are discussing the private life of Shiekh Saciid Raage and t is in his heart and his wife?

Culumada afka kala baxa people.

What was the topic?

Jacpher;982881 wrote:
And now we are discussing the private life of Shiekh Saciid Raage and t is in his heart and his wife?

Culumada afka kala baxa people.

What was the topic?

I agree Jacpher! A scholar once said "the flesh of scholars is poisonous". Let's remember that before we go in on them.

Saalax   

Why are people comparing apples and oranges. Somali men marrying non Somali women is different because

the children will still be Somali by ethnicity. They will have Somali citizen-ships, Were's kids born to Somali women and foreign fathers will not be accepted in Somali society. So let's look things in a Somali society's perspective rather than western perspective.