Sign in to follow this  
Saalax

Mo Farah's new book

Saalax   

Safferz;982553 wrote:
That's the speculation I'm talking about. Did he personally tell you about how Somalia has a bad rep and he doesn't want to be associated with it? Does that not contradict everything we know about him as a public figure in the Somali community, one who is active on Somali issues? I was going to link you to two recent events that come to mind, the Somalia conference and the UK remittances issue, when I came across a
he made:

“I welcome the international support being given to build on the momentum of progress in
Somalia, the country of my birth
. Unfortunately we are now just one week away from a new humanitarian catastrophe in the country. Remittances have played a crucial role for my family and the Mo Farah Foundation and their sudden cessation will have serious and avoidable consequences, bringing increased hardship, insecurity and instability to the Somali people."

C'mon now, Saalax.

He doesn't have to tell me, we see it in the picture and statement clear and cut. Just because he

likes to help other Somalis does not mean he wants his name linked to violent places like Mogadishu.

Yes he did say that statement in the past, hence why I said "perhaps he doesn't want to be associated

with Mogadishu even if it might be his birth place hence explains the withdrawal". One can change

their mind and this new statement in his book proofs it. This is his current stance.

Safferz   

Saalax;982555 wrote:
He doesn't have to tell me, we see it in the picture and statement clear and cut. Just because he

likes to help other Somalis does not mean he wants his name linked to violent places like Mogadishu.

Yes he did say that statement in the past, hence why I said "perhaps he doesn't want to be associated

with Mogadishu even if it might be his birth place hence explains the withdrawal". One can change

their mind and this new statement in his book proofs it. This is his current stance.

The statement is from a few weeks ago actually, obviously he has no issue making public statements about being a Somali born in Somalia in September. Once again, quit projecting your own hatred to read Mo Farah's thoughts and intentions, which is what you purport to be doing.

Horta do you know that you're Somali? And that all these stereotypes and negative images of Somalia that you perpetuate actually affect you directly, as a Somali? Perhaps on this forum and back home, you have a specific clan and a state that you can use to differentiate yourself, but to the rest of the world, we're the same people. If the world imagines Somalia to be full of warlords, pirates, religious extremists, etc they are talking about YOU too. There's a complete lack of self-awareness in everything you post on SOL.

Saalax   

There is many other statements where he mentioned Somaliland openly, even westerners correct others and

say he is from Somaliland a peaceful place neighboring Somalia. I have chatted to him in private message in a

social website before back in 2009 and 2010 he told me everything how his proud of his country (Somaliland) ,

so don't tell me I am trying to read his thoughts Lol because that is exactly what he told me unless you are

saying his a lying flip flopper.

Yes I am Somali but not from Somalia. Just like a Somali from Djibouti. We're in a modern age, many

westerners know the difference between Somaliland and Somalia. We have successfully established a known

identity, during the UK census me and my Somalilander friend we put the census on when asked where

you are from originally or the nationality you associate with we put on "Somalilander". Unfortunately I have

no control of how southerners behave and their terrorism, yes they drag down the Somali name in mud,

but we and the Djiboutians make it a little better.

Saalax   

Safferz Is from Ethiopia, while I am from Somaliland. If folks from Ethiopia like Mad Mullah here

love to be with Somalia that is them , they shouldn't try to project their weird fetish for south

Somalia on others though.

Saalax   

"Forum: Politics

World Politics, Somali Politics, Current Issues"

It is clear this forum is not only designed for people from Somalia, otherwise they would just stick to

Somalia politics but they discuss Somaliland, Djibouti and Ethiopia and other countries. So we have to

be here to keep them in line sometimes.

Saalax I don't doubt that. But geographically I'm considered a Somalilander, but I love Somalis, puntlanders, jubalanders equally. I just hope we can all hold hands one day as a Muslim nation. I ask Allah in all his might and glory to reunite all of Somalia as one peaceful Islamic Nation, Allahuma Ameen.

Saalax   

Guleed All folks who are suffering from jungle fever can stay in Somalia across the border. If you love Somalia so much

move to Mogadishu or other areas in south Somalia just don't come running, crying and kissing the floor like professor

Samatar to the nation of Somaliland ;) .

YoniZ   

Safferz;982560 wrote:

Horta do you know that you're Somali? And that all these stereotypes and negative images of Somalia that you perpetuate actually affect you directly, as a Somali? Perhaps on this forum and back home, you have a specific clan and a state that you can use to differentiate yourself, but to the rest of the world, we're the same people. If the world imagines Somalia to be full of warlords, pirates, religious extremists, etc they are talking about YOU too.
There's a complete lack of self-awareness in everything you post on SOL

If only Saalax could realize :)

Why would he run away from this negative image? Celebrities love shit like that, it shows they really came from the bottom and worked their way up, inspirational and all that.

That's like saying he denies he grew up in a London slum lol.

Tallaabo   

Safferz;982540 wrote:
Except he was born in Somalia...

I think he meant to say the country of our origin or ancestry. Also those who were born in Somaliland before 1991 where born in the Somali Republic.