Sign in to follow this  
guleed_ali

Current state of Dacwah in Somalia

Asalamu Alikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu,

Do any fellow SOL'ers have an idea of where the state of Dacwah is in Somalia. I hear many first and second hand stories about Islamic Universities opening up. However, rarely do these projects get any media attention. If anyone can shed some light on the state of Dacwah (and/or Islam in general) in Somalia please enlighten me (as well as any other interested brothers and sisters). Jazakumallahu Khairan wa barak Allahu Feekum.

Wasalamu Alikum

Dacwah in the North is doing well I suppose. Problem is we have the biggest "Culemaa" all living in other countries. Only thing that needs solving is the grave worshipping, it's like it gets worse every year.

I agree that the scholars of Al-Islam should be able to go back to Somalia without fearing any repercussions from either wing. I believe the path to a better Somalia is to return to the Book of Allah and the way of his beloved prophet (Salla Allahu 'alihi wa salam). May Allah guide all of our brothers back to the ways of the pious predecessors and leave this form of evil shirk. Jazkallahu khairn brother Mad Mullah. If anyone else has anymore information of Dacwah in Greater Somalia (Somalia, Somaliland, Jubbanland, Puntland) please feel free to share.

Wa billahi attawfiq!

Khayr   

We don't need more foreign trained aka Madina University Ulama.

The Somalis for the most part, are still religious oriented and have not been had their minds fully poisoned with modernity.

I'm alarmed at the amount of "hatred" (for lack of a better term) against Madinah graduates. I don't have a problem with any graduates of any Islamic University so long as they have a correct aqeedah and don't follow their whims and/or desires. The only reason Somalis go abroad to learn the deen is to master the Arabic language firstly and secondly because Somalia isn't exactly the hot bed of Islamic knowledge today. So whether they graduate from Al Azhr or Madinah or Om Durman isn't really the issue. Finally, I hope the influx of Somalis from the Diaspora as well as Foreign aid agencies don't begin to spread their Equality/Modernity B.S agenda.

Khayr   

Do you know what Fawzan and the folks at Medina University were saying

when the Ikhwan were getting slaughtered in August of this year?

Do you know how much hot air they spent on talking about Shias in Syria, Bahrain and Dammaj?

Madina University and all other government run institutions are spreading and producing

deaf and dumb Ulama that worship Aqeedah 24/7.

Haatu   

Khayr;983137 wrote:
Madina University and all other government run institutions are spreading and producing

deaf and dumb Ulama that worship Aqeedah 24/7.

laa xawla walaa quwata illaa billaah

The deen IS aqeedah, and aqeedah IS the deen. Without a correct and sound aqeedah, your Islam is not complete. Rectification of the people begins with aqeedah. The prophet SCW was sent as a prophet for 23 years (13 years in Makkah and 10 years in Madinah). The first 13 years in Makkah all he called to was tawxiid and the correct aqeedah. The last 10 years after aqeedah was established he started calling to the other tenets of Islam. When the Prophet SCW send Mucaadh bin Jabal to Yemen, what did he say to him? He said "Yaa Mucaadh, I am sending you to a people of the Book, so let the first thing you call them to be tawxiid". Both these examples show the utmost importance of aqeedah and how it should be given preference above all other branches of religion. Once again, rectification starts with the correct aqeedah.

PS: Dammaaj maxa ku baray?

Wadani   

Haatu;983291 wrote:
laa xawla walaa quwata illaa billaah

The deen IS aqeedah, and aqeedah IS the deen. Without a correct and sound aqeedah, your Islam is not complete. Rectification of the people begins with aqeedah. The prophet SCW was sent as a prophet for 23 years (13 years in Makkah and 10 years in Madinah). The first 13 years in Makkah all he called to was tawxiid and the correct aqeedah. The last 10 years after aqeedah was established he started calling to the other tenets of Islam. When the Prophet SCW send Mucaadh bin Jabal to Yemen, what did he say to him? He said "Yaa Mucaadh, I am sending you to a people of the Book, so let the first thing you call them to be tawxiid". Both these examples show the utmost importance of aqeedah and how it should be given preference above all other branches of religion. Once again, rectification starts with the correct aqeedah.

PS: Dammaaj maxa ku baray?

lol @ dammaaj maxaa ku baray. Bro, many of us here are intimately acquainted with ur neo-Salafi cult.

Haatu   

Wadani;983292 wrote:
lol @ dammaaj maxaa ku baray. Bro, many of us here are intimately acquainted with ur neo-Salafi cult.

Miyaa? Then surely you would know the position of the Ulimaa on Yahya al Hajooree and his fitnah. What is a neo-salafi btw?

I'm dumbfounded, I don't know what to say. Worship Aqeedah! Neo-Salafi cults. Khayr and Wadani I pray that Allah guides ya'll Allahuma ameen, and may Allah forgive us and forgive them Allahuma ameen!

Khadafi   

The topic name tells it all. The dacwa in Somalia in other words "the message of islam to Somalia". I thought that Somalis were already muslims

so skip the code words and rename the thread as "the state of salafism" in Somalia.

We live in bizarre times, when foreign trained neo-salafis have the nerves to call Somalis as "mushriks" that needs to be re-islamised as if they were non-muslims. As for the grave worshiping thing never ever have in my life seen a Somali worshiping a grave. If you believe that interssecion (tawasul, asking God through the prophet) is shirk then that is your opinion.

We're talking about a nation that spent the last 20 years killing each other on the basis of Qabiil. If anyone needs Dacwah it's Somalis. We got no law and no order and that is because we left the book of Allah (caza wa jal) and the Sunnah of his Messenger (SallAlahu calihi wa salam) for what we thought were "greener pastures". Now do I sound like a Salafi or do I sound like a Muslim who is concerned for his nation! Ya'll need to take a chill pill with your obsessions with Salafis and their ideology. Give your Brother 70 excuses before you jump to conclusions. And by the way Dacwah is not restricted to non-Muslims but to Muslims and non-Muslims alike. If you've ever attended a Halaqah or a Nadwa then you've been exposed to Dacwah.

Haatu   

Khadafi;983364 wrote:
The topic name tells it all. The dacwa in Somalia in other words "the message of islam to Somalia". I thought that Somalis were already muslims

so skip the code words and rename the thread as "the state of salafism" in Somalia.

We live in bizarre times, when foreign trained neo-salafis have the nerves to call Somalis as
"mushriks"
that needs to be re-islamised as if they were non-muslims. As for the grave worshiping thing
never ever
have in my life seen a Somali worshiping a grave. If you believe that interssecion (tawasul, asking God through the prophet) is shirk then that is your opinion.

War who called Somalis mushriks? Acuudu Billah. Just because Somalis are muslims doesn't mean their aqeedah is perfect. For example, tawasul IS shirk. And calling upon the dead "Alla Faatuma binta Rasuuleey...etc." is also shirk.

Khayr   

^ That is a topic that sufis and salafis love to argue about.

Let us not talk about that.

What Khadafi said is true. Guleed was really asking about the Salafi movement in Somalia. The no-jiihad and shirk watching Salafis.

Salafi movement is really a secular movement because the Salafi God is only in books and the masjid.

Haatu   

Khayr;983590 wrote:
^ That is a topic that sufis and salafis love to argue about.

Let us not talk about that.

What Khadafi said is true. Guleed was really asking about the Salafi movement in Somalia. The no-jiihad and shirk watching Salafis.

Salafi movement is really a secular movement because the Salafi God is only in books and the masjid.

There's two of you? Who have I been arguing with all day then?

Jihad like all other acts of worship has conditions. If the conditions aren't meant, there's no jihad.

Staying vigilant of shirk is important to any muslim because it nullifies your deen and Allah says concerning this:

4_48.png

Indeed, Allah does not forgive association with Him (shirk), but He forgives what is less than that for whom He wills. And he who associates others with Allah has certainly fabricated a tremendous sin. [4:48].

The last point is strange because I don't know what you'e trying to say.