Sign in to follow this  
Hawdian

Late Eid Mubarak And Welcome To the Somali Men Private Club.

Ibtisam   

Really? haha I dont mind Insanity- I just hate that screaming bully early in the morning and in the evening I am too tired. Also you end up being hungry all the time- not enough time or food in Hargeisa.

Economic Development is my field. I can't be asked- mainly because I am not sure I want to study Somali's for another 3yrs-I am losing interest.

Hawdian   

Abbaas;982415 wrote:
I see this thread is officially colonized. Meesha iskaga carar baan ku iri Sheikh Hawdianoow
:P

@Abbas Yes the Situation is JinnCritical Thats Way I have Got The Ayatollah To Read Quran on The SMPC . For the Sake of This Proud Club lets Hope He Succeeds Adna Soo Duceey..:cool:cool:

Ibtisam   

Abaas if you can't beat us- join us. A place without women is truly abaar. And if God wanted us to be separated- he would've built a great big Chinese wall between female and males. So I refuse to toe any human segregation.

I told them the same thing in Ceerigaabo- all their hotels and restaurants dont have a women's section but they have the cheek to tell me, women can't sit in the maqaaxi- I told them if my money is good, it will buy me food and I shall sit there in peace and eat. Good thing about Somalis is- waxaad ku khasabtiid, they will eventually accept- sometimes It just takes a bit long. My point is if I gatecrash real maqaaxi in the middle of nor where with the nomads- I certainly aint going to be kicked out of an online maqaaxi unless I want to leave :D

Safferz   

*Ibtisam;982417 wrote:
Really? haha I dont mind Insanity- I just hate that screaming bully early in the morning and in the evening I am too tired. Also you end up being hungry all the time- not enough time or food in Hargeisa.

Economic Development is my field. I can't be asked- mainly because I am not sure I want to study Somali's for another 3yrs-I am losing interest.

True, it's definitely not easy to eat well back home, that's something I struggled with in Ethiopia and Somaliland this summer and unfortunately I'm still working on undoing the damage of all the canjeero/injera, muqmad and tibs I was eating :P I think it may help to have some carbohydrates before your workout, like some oatmeal or a banana, and be sure to get enough protein in your diet.

Interesting... what schools are you considering, if you don't mind me asking? Depending on what you'd like to do after, there are some issues with the 3 year PhDs common in European universities... unless you plan to work for NGOs/government institutions, it's difficult to enter academia (in North America at least) with a 3 year PhD.

Ibtisam   

This week I have been reduce to eating cereal for breakfast, lunch and skipping lunch. I have not eat pasta and baris for a week and I sooooooo dont miss it! I miss fruits. I need exercise that does not make me lose weight but gives me energy- I am already disappearing from lack of balanced food.

I am staying in Europe- research- they will just endorse my primary research- I hate INGOs/NGOs- written so much criticizing them in the Somaliland context that they hate me- small world it is and they take criticism personal- although corruption and mismanagement is personal I guess.

North America is tooo far- I dont even know you guys survive the journey- I am a nomad who does short trips. Lord knows if I will ever visit Australia or Canada for example. lol

Safferz   

SomaliPhilosopher;982423 wrote:
Safferz and ibtisam are the equivalent of that one guy in your group of friends that always tries to force himself themselves into your plans. GTFO this is the mens corner! Akhlaaq yeelo!

NO. You're supposed to be on my side SP!

Safferz   

*Ibtisam;982424 wrote:
This week I have been reduce to eating cereal for breakfast, lunch and skipping lunch. I have not eat pasta and baris for a week and I sooooooo dont miss it! I miss fruits. I need exercise that does not make me lose weight but gives me energy- I am already disappearing from lack of balanced food.

I am staying in Europe- research- they will just endorse my primary research- I hate INGOs/NGOs- written so much criticizing them in the Somaliland context that they hate me- small world it is and they take criticism personal- although corruption and mismanagement is personal I guess.

North America is tooo far- I dont even know you guys survive the journey- I am a nomad who does short trips. Lord knows if I will ever visit Australia or Canada for example. lol

Maybe you need the bariis and basto then, you're not eating enough! Definitely stay away from Insanity if you don't want to get any leaner, and perhaps look into strength training 2-3x a week... I don't know if you'll be able to find weights in Hargeisa (I know there's a sports store but I can't remember if I saw dumbbells), but you can do bodyweight exercises like push ups and air squats.

Good luck on your applications, and feel free to PM me if you need any insight on the application process :) I remember it being a really stressful time, and the waiting was much worse than putting the applications together. And I applied to 9 schools!

Hawdian   

SomaliPhilosopher;982423 wrote:
Safferz and ibtisam are the equivalent of that one guy in your group of friends that always tries to force himself into your plans. GTFO this is the mens corner! Akhlaaq yeelo!

Well Said Muj.Madaxweyne Geeljire.:cool:

Safferz   

SomaliPhilosopher;982427 wrote:
You broke up with me dee
:(

I was joking dee, you're still my favourite :D How can I break up with someone who references Ngugi and Fanon? And I like you even more for seeing what everyone else missed about my comments in that awful thread.

This one is for SP...

Ibtisam   

^^^^^9 SCHOOOLS OH my GOD! lol you was really driven and dedicated! I am applying to ONE! if I get in and the scholarship as well then I will decide whether to do it next year or push it back. Can't imagine applying to 9!- doing one is time consuming enough-

Thanks I will- I think I read somewhere you are in the field of history!? Interesting :) Are you enjoying it? any regrets or pulling your hair out yet?

Not sure about exercise shop- you saw one? I dont tent to venture out much- even my office is inside my house- but they've opened a gym right across the road- I can see the sign. Been told it is good- keep meaning to cross the road and check- but time- no time for anything in life.