Sign in to follow this  
Saalax

Mongrelization of Mogadishu begins

Haatu   

They're Somali but they speak Af Oromo, so there's a language divide. No one looks down upon them it's just some of my relatives are a bit "behind the times" shall we say when it comes to inter-clan marriages. About the Garre, historically they're fierce warriors and very proud. Nowadays, they have Mandheera county on lock and occasionally partake in clan wars. That's about all I know about them :D

Wadani   

Mad_Mullah;981830 wrote:
Show us pics of this Garre, if they have the narrow nose, big foreheads then yes they are Somali.

They most definitely do. I've seen them on youtube. They look 100% Somali, but they speak a different langauge which is closer to Oromo from what I know. I believe Haatu can shed more light on them, since many of them live in NFD.

Haatu   

Mad_Mullah;981830 wrote:
Show us pics of this Garre, if they have the narrow nose, big foreheads then yes they are Somali.

War they look like proper Somalis, none of that weird pseudo-bantu look you see in Xamar.

Wadani   

Haatu;981832 wrote:
They're Somali but they speak Af Oromo, so there's a language divide. No one looks down upon them it's just some of my relatives are a bit "behind the times" shall we say when it comes to inter-clan marriages. About the Garre, historically they're fierce warriors and very proud. Nowadays, they have Mandheera county on lock and occasionally partake in clan wars. That's about all I know about them
:D

What do they consider themselves though? Do u know? If there was a fight betwee an Oromo guy and a Somali guy, who would the Garre guy side with?

Wadani   

Mad_Mullah;981837 wrote:
Saalax what do you have to say about the Syrian dude married to a Ido-- Lander in Burco?

Waliba she was from my subclan. I bowed my head in shame when I saw the video lol.

Haatu   

Wadani;981835 wrote:
What do they consider themselves though? Do u know? If there was a fight betwee an Oromo guy and a Somali guy, who would the Garre guy side with?

They consider themselves Somali. And like all Somalis they would defend their clansmen first but they don't care for the Oromo. I'm pretty sure they have skirmishes with them in S/Galbeed.

Why though? I'm trying to get inside your head and see the 'shame' - what's wrong with it? Was she from a royal family living in a palace? No, but shanty town in the middle of nowhere. Yes, Burco is a shanty town.

Wadani   

Mad_Mullah;981844 wrote:
Why though? I'm trying to get inside your head and see the 'shame' - what's wrong with it? Was she from a royal family living in a palace? No, but shanty town in the middle of nowhere. Yes, Burco is a shanty town.

It's called pride...something u don't have. Sayid Maxamad Cabdalle Xasan would be dissappointed in you.

Hawdian   

Mad_Mullah;981844 wrote:

Go and change your name I cant believe you descend of The Sayed.

Saalax   

Mad Mullah I don't condone that either. In Somaliland if your father is not a Somalilander you will be looked down on

as a non native like that Nimcaan guy, he talked about how he faced racism and wants to leave Somaliland

(his father is white). It was always like that, were's in the south they are more open to those things whether the Italians or present day Bantus/Turks. Even thousands of Italians were born in south Somalia.

Wadani   

Saalax;981850 wrote:
Mad Mullah I don't condone that either. In Somaliland if your father
is not a Somalilander
you will be looked down on as a non native like that guy Nimcaan guy, he talked about how he faced racism and wants to leave Somaliland

(his father is white). It was always like that, were's in the south they are more open to those things whether the Italians or present day Bantus/Turks. Even thousands of Italians were born in south Somalia.

I think you meant if your father is not ethnic Somali. But other than that I agree. The northern Somali culture is much closer to it's nomadic roots and thus more xenophobic.

Hawdian;981849 wrote:
Go and change your name I cant believe you descend of The Sayed.

Wadani;981847 wrote:
It's called pride...something u don't have. Sayid Maxamad Cabdalle Xasan would be dissappointed in you.

“Whosoever has in his heart, even a atom of pride he will not enter paradise.”

That ain't me, that's a Hadith. Because that pride is based on arrogance, you people would let your daughters get beaten every night by a high on qat Farax rather than a well practicing Muslim from another country that lives in your country. Look at the Ansar of Madinah that divorced their own wives so that the Muhajireen could marry them. These were the best of people but you would say they have no pride.

Secondly, I would believe you if you came from some rich Dubai Sheikh Family, but where is this pride you speak of? Thousands of ads all over the world, from America to Japan telling their citizens to donate money to starving Somalis. Where is the pride? Demonstrating in front of the UN/UK embassies to get recognition for a clan enclave. Where is the pride? Bragging about Turkish built hospitals and roads. Where is the pride? Looking down on others while here, the Somalis have the lowest employment rate, yes even lower than Jamaicans etc. Where is the pride? Talking about being warriors while half of you gun down civilians in malls and the other half gets it's salary by neo-coloniliasts like America and Europe. Where is the pride? Instead of helping the OG reclaim their land you arrest them and hand them to the arch enemy of Somalia. Where is the pride? Hundreds die trying to reach Italy or even worse, Yemen. Where is the pride?

You have no pride, living in western countries of benefits and if it wasn't for their mercy we'd all be living somewhere in the Libyan desert. Please, don't talk about pride anymore.

Wadani   

Mad_Mullah;981857 wrote:

That ain't me, that's a Hadith. Because that pride is based on arrogance, you people would let your daughters get beaten every night by a high on qat Farax rather than a well practicing Muslim from another country that lives in your country. Look at the Ansar of Madinah that divorced their own wives so that the Muhajireen could marry them. These were the best of people but you would say they have no pride.

Secondly, I would believe you if you came from some rich Dubai Sheikh Family, but where is this pride you speak of? Thousands of ads all over the world, from America to Japan telling their citizens to donate money to starving Somalis. Where is the pride? Demonstrating in front of the UN/UK embassies to get recognition for a clan enclave. Where is the pride? Bragging about Turkish built hospitals and roads. Where is the pride? Looking down on others while here, the Somalis have the lowest employment rate, yes even lower than Jamaicans etc. Where is the pride? Talking about being warriors while half of you gun down civilians in malls and the other half gets it's salary by neo-coloniliasts like America and Europe. Where is the pride? Instead of helping the OG reclaim their land you arrest them and hand them to the arch enemy of Somalia. Where is the pride? Hundreds die trying to reach Italy or even worse, Yemen. Where is the pride?

You have no pride, living in western countries of benefits and if it wasn't for their mercy we'd all be living somewhere in the Libyan desert. Please, don't talk about pride anymore.

Aar bal tan eega. You're defeated psychologically and it's so sad to see. I am proud to be a Somali despite all of those things you have mentioned. San-ku-neef-leh iga sarayn karaaba majiro waayo Illaahay baa iga dhigay Muslim markaana Soomaali markaana G@rxajis...ceesh calaa nasab wallaahi. :D

Haatu   

Mad_Mullah;981857 wrote:

Post of the year. Just for this you deserve to be the nomad of the year.