Sign in to follow this  
WingA

FIFA World Cup 2010

"The opponents had the psychological advantage in the shoot-out. Everything happened so fast." -- Ghana coach Milovan Rajevac

Luis Suarez is now openly bragging about stopping that shot deliberately with his hand and denying Ghana a spot in the semis.

'It was worth it to be sent off in this way. It was complicated and tough. We suffered to the end but the hand of God, it's mine now," -- Luis Suarez

Libaax, tacsi kuu taal. One more reason you can cheer Jarmalka now. Waa dad iyo koox la isku haleyn karee. They definitely wouldn't have missed a rigoore like that.

Afrikeey hurudooy ayaa horey loo yiri. :D

I deliberately went to this restaurant, this Soomaali restaurant at the dying minutes of the game. It was too crowded, habro iyo ciyaalkooda xataa joogeen. I was the only one clapping when he missed that darn rigoore in that last second. Just to piss them off. And I was the only person making a sharqan at the end of rigoorooyinka, once again loudly clapping.

Anyway, tacsi kuu taalee, my condolences. :D

Prinz   

Gyan is a hero walahi. Though his penalty miss cost them, for somehow I knew they are going to lose when he hit the crossbar. Dreams shattered. I was never in favour of African teams but Ghana was the best of them all. Fantasic football and young spirit and deserved to go all the way to the final. And lol@ Luarez, what a scum, nacalaa faracaada ku taal.

Somalina   

Afkaada Allah ha asturo, ha inkaarin igaarka, shaqo fiican uu qabtee! ;)

lol@MMA, waxaan soo xusuustey sida maanta after the penalties telephonka laygu damiyey, markaan dad dhaxaa dhagaha ugu qeyliyey "Suaaaaaaaaareeeeeeeeeeez"...is marjiya aan dhahay!...

jecliyaa jabkooda! SOLna in layga ban gareyo wax yar aa u dhineed hadaanan xooga u naxariisan laheen dad dhaaxaa. icon_razz.gif

Let me congratulate Forlan an Co. on a job well done now that the cry babies are sleep! :D

Yea, Forlan, job well done. If anyone watched Forlan, where he plays for Athletico Madrid, he wouldn't have been surprised he is a great player. He deserves to win.

Now I am cheering for Holland, though. Robben all the way. After Jarmalka, I am a Dutch fan.

By the way, tomorrow adiga Arjentiina la safantahay, I see. I hope you won't be disappointed hee. :D

I don't mind xataa haddee Jarmalka harto beri. As long as Baraasiil hartay, I am all in :D .

Somalina   

Tomorrow waan iska soo horjeedna, haday Germany raaysana waa kula feesteena macna malaha! although feestadeyda will be delayed for 5 hours as I need time to gather myself!

Laakiin hadii aad Dutch fan tahay, I hope you won't be disappointed like the Ghana fans were today! best of luck, you'll need it.

I like Kuyt and Robben from the Dutch team, inta kale waa Tuujiye camal. icon_razz.gif

nuune   

lol Libaax's emotional tag on African players

We are all kidding here, Ghana came here by luck, and it is the luck that destroyed them, and that is why Gyan committed the greatest African suicide ever, nothing to be hyped, Ghana would have lost either way, and to borrow AT&T's trade mark phrase "Uruguay should have killed the game in the first half"!

BOB   

Cali Niikiyow are you sure you were watching the same game and not a recorded liverpool match? Uruguay NEVER had a clear chance in the whole 120 minutes while Ghana had at least 4. :D

Back to the topic...the only thing that Uruguay had that Ghana did not have was LUCK anybody who says otherwise should stop wasting their time on Football and watch netball or bowling or dog racing or something. :D

in the dying minutes just before the red card Uruguay were close to scoring an own goal and my friend turned to me and said 'If that was Ghanian goal, I promise you the ball would've crawled into the net...' he did not have to explain that to me because I knew exactly what he meant...it just the way it is Africa and luck just don't get along and as soon as Gyan hit the crossbar we both knew it was game, set and match.

I AM PROUD OF GHANA

Peace, Love & Unity.

Jacpher   

NinaNC: You're bragging about winning a game by cheating deliberately. That ain't wining nor sportsmanship. What a low expectation there.

Clearly Ghana won the match but failed to advance. A good team doesn't want to win a match by cheating the last minute. FIFA is a joke walaahi. They should have booked that player for the rest of the tournament and call that a goal. How else you're gonna deter such a blatant intentional handball inside the goal. Now every player knows how to avoid getting eliminated. Grab that ball and you may have just won the game. Ghana did well and I highly doubt if they felt that desperate to cheat.

Ghana truly played well. Congrats.

Oz   

Jacfar and this is what pantsil said Lol.

John Pantsil: "There is no chance that any of us Ghana players would have used our hand to stop the ball - no way."

The handball off the line by Suarez was cheating and whilst Ghana will feel rightly cheated out of a semi final place its swings and roun****uts and every team cheats at some point and most players would have taken one for the team in that situation.

Change the rules. Like rugby has penalty tries, something like this should be a 'penalty goal'.

Argentina aren't up to much really. They were always going to rely on individual talent, rather than great team organisation and that doesn't win you World Cups. They need Messi or Tevez to pull something out the bag second half.

Next goal - if there is one - will swing it. 2-0 and it's game over. 1-1 and it's back in the balance. I can see Germany seeing the game out.

It looks like Germany will go through, yet one of the best creative players (Mueller) in the tournament is missing for a semi-final because of a ridiculous rule. If you get booked in all 3 group games then fair enough issue a one-match ban. And if you're going issue suspensions then you should be able to appeal the yellow. Findley, the American lad, missed a game because of two yellow cards, when one of the yellow cards was given to him after the ball twatted him in the face!

Feel for Mueller,never a yellow and now the boy misses a potential semi final and a shot at the golden boot.Whoever makes this stuff is clearly clueless. I don't understand what this rule is supposed to achieve. There is half a dozen German players on yellows according to the commentary, you have to think they'll lose at least one more before its over.