Sign in to follow this  
WingA

FIFA World Cup 2010

N.O.R.F   

A&T, you're missing the point. NK gave your defence something to think about and scored! Yes, North Korea! Argentina beat their better neighbours 4-1 (after also experiencing problems).

You will see IC create chances. They probably won't take them but will expose that defence even with the two water carriers.

Wax arag!

Anyway, naga daa. Waan kugu xiiqay.

Where is Ngonge with his zonalmarking.net inspired analysis.

NGONGE   

^^ I've given up trying to talk sense in a thread where 99% of people don't understand the first thing about football, saaxib.

Worse still, I find it extremely racist that people are turning the Nigeria loss into some sort of inherent African handicap. Why not say the same about the useless French, South Koreans, Australians and all the other teams that are going to lose games in this world cup? African wa qashin ku leh. Piss right off. :mad:

Hadaba i maqla...

Nigeria can still qualify by beating South Korea and hoping that Argentina beat Greece (which is not that hard, is it?).

France can still qualify by beating South Africa and hoping that the other game is not a draw (which, again, is not that impossible).

Brazil are a more balanced team than Argentina, it's a FACT.

P.S.

Norf, adigu horta you MUST read that Zonalmarking site every single morning, saaxib. Half of what you've been saying is similar to the annoying rubbish one hears from callers to the "You're on Sky Sports" show.

There is gut feeling (which I use to say that Spain will win the world cup) then there is actual class, balance, form and tactics. Waxagu waa feelings all the way. Wax fahan.

Abtigiis   

:D:D:D waxba kuma daryoo intaa Ngonge yidhi. Looooooool@gut feeling. Norf is all about gut feeling. I just was unable the right words.

Ngonge, possibilities and probabilities aside, I think France and Nigeria are out. Nigeria will not beat South Korea. Uruguay and Mexico will draw and even if they don't Bafana could earn a point against France.

What scoreline do you predict in the England Algeria, and Brazil Ivory coast games?

I can say the second game could be 3-1 in favour of Brazil. But the first I am afraid I can't say anything.

Spain may be the biggest surprise if they can't beat Honduras. Adeer, long before they won the Euro cup, they were known as "THE CHAMPIONS of FRIENDLIES" and that might be the case again.

N.O.R.F   

Don't worry I will be proved right in the end. Brazil will not win it.

What I have been saying is true. Your Spain lost to a well organised Swiss and Brazil are not as defensively astute as everyone is saying. So far so good heh.

ps I don't need zonalmarking to see Spain needed width and didn't need two holding midfielders.

Abtigiis   

So, don't just say things won't happen. Take your shot and tell us who will win?

meel laguu raaco garan mayno.

I am saying Brazil, Nuune is saying Spain, Tuujiye is saying Serbia :D , what is your take?

N.O.R.F   

Unlike yourself and Mr zonalmarking.net, I tend to ignore form before tournaments. Form means nothing going into a tournament. Its all about who turns up. If that was the case then England would walk away with it. Besides, who did Spain play in the qualifiers?

So far the Argies and the Dutch would be my bet (England can still do it but lack pace at the back).

NGONGE   

A&T, the winner of South Africa's group avoid Argentina, saaxib. So both teams there will have to go for a win.

Nigeria CAN beat South Korea, saaxib. You have to remember that Nigeria only lost to Greece because they were playing with ten men (they were winning before that). They also narrowly lost to Argentina. Marka, to say that they will not win is a bit mad.

South Africa are a rubbish team and if France get their act together they CAN win. This is simple stuff, saaxib.

Norf, Zonalmarking or not. You actually don't really watch the games. For instance, Spain controlled their game agaisnt the Swiss and had several very good chances to score. Yes, width would have helped (and they did have it in the second half). But to speak in your radio caller certainty and say 'I told you so' to a game that was very close is just foolish.

Brazil, diid ama ogolo do have a very balanced team and will not face teams that defend the North Korean way once they get to the knockout rounds (same with Spain and all the other big teams). There is no such thing as a perfect team, France won the world cup with bloody Dugarry up front ya badow. Brazil won it in 2002 with a rubbish goalkeeper.

P.S.

Form matters but we are not talking form alone. We are talking formations, tactics, choice of squad, manager and opponents. You on the other hand seem to base your results on the alphabetical order of team names or a mazy run that some player made during a game. Kubbada baro.

A&T, I reckon England and Brazil will both win. Ivory Coast will defend again (Sven can't help it) but Brazil have a bit more guile than Portugal and should find a way through. Algeria wont keep up with England's fast pace.

N.O.R.F   

Tell me the chances Spain had saxib. I remember only one for Villa and Alonso hitting the bar.

Tactics, balance etc maad ka hadashaan last season lol

Waar naga daaya wixiinu waa second hand re-hashed analysis.

Germans vs Serbia will be tight game.

NGONGE   

^^ Pique had a good shot saved by the keeper's legs. Torres had a good chance saved. Navas had a good chance saved. Alonso hit the woodwork. Villa had a chance. You only remember what you want to remember, saaxib.

As for tactics, what was I telling you about Liverpool all season? What was I telling you about Inter, Bayern and Barca? What did I tell you about Greece in 2004? When you're wrong wa la iska qirta. War kubbada baro dee.

N.O.R.F   

Liverpool'a? you said they would win it and they finished 7th! You're always going with what the bbc say saxib. This is no different.

Anyway, yeenaan isku xiiqine I will not bother you and A&T until the knockouts.

Arg

SOUTH K

URUG

MEX

ENG

USA

GER

GHANA

HOL

DEN

ITALY

PARAGUAY

BRAZIL

I COAST

CHILE

SPAIN

NGONGE   

^^ Yes, they finished seventh but the tactics were not wrong. Wax fahan. :D

War this is football talk, hadaan la isku xiiqin what is the point? Kubbada baro.

P.S.

This afternoon, please iga qalay. I'm going after the Americans.

N.O.R.F   

I might be in London town next weekend ee meel an ku dawaano or aan ku murano ma jirta?

Preferably with grape. Heh.

Where is that USA thread?

NGONGE   

^^ Edgeware road I suppose. But you'll have to suffer the Arabs talking nonsense (alongside me of course). :D