Sign in to follow this  
WingA

FIFA World Cup 2010

Oz   

^^ :D:D LST..We should each throw 1 pound into a pot and send it off to the Mexican and Uruguayan players as a bonus to eliminate France. I so hope they do it and France dont sneak through, they simply dont deserve it, even before the goals they were average and Mexico were the better side, Hernandez looked impressive when he came on, Marquez is a very good composed player and a good steady head for the Mexicans at the back. Torrado works hard in the midfield and Salcido looked very impressive, always liked him whenever i have seen him for PSV and he was impressive, got down the French flank brilliantly and beat Sagna easily at times.

Nice pen by Blanco too, Abidal isnt a centre back and he isnt a great left back either, why Domenech took 3 left backs to the WC and left the likes of Nasri at home is anyones guess and the likes of Govou, Anelka, Henry and Gignac have all gone into the WC in poor-average form for their clubs and they have barely tested either the Mexican or the Uruguayan keepers during this WC.

Their appearance at the final last time out is looking more and more like Zidane bailing an average side out of jail more and more every day, one interesting image that summed up the French players and their mood was when Henry was warming up and talking to Cisse with miserable expressions on both their faces. I reckon they are simply playing for their coach to be sacked.

Well done Mexico, fully deserved win and a message to Aguirre, start Hernandez next game.

PS: Enjoyed watching Domenech's face after they were losing 2-0 And those French fans, so nicely dressed up, poor them.

Au reviour France.

N.O.R.F   

Seeker,

If they don't deserve to win or qualify then its no big deal. Boston didn't deserve to win it with that performance and the only people who care about the French are black people in the America lol

SeeKer   

^I never was with the French ever. I would sooner root for Lakers than them icon_razz.gif

I will stay away from people all morning so as not to know the game score. FB and ****** statues I swear they ruin WC for me :( Is there a way to turn off statues on WC only?

Jacpher   

one interesting image that summed up the French players and their mood was when Henry was warming up

I don't understand why he needed to warm up if he wasn't going to play?

Folks, mark my words. This World Cup is coming to the Americas. Forget about the Africans or Europeans. Time for Americas has arrived.

Abtigiis   

I am sorry but those who think Germany and Argentina can go far will be shocked. As it appears Argentina will play Mexico and will be beaten. Uruguay will beat South Korea and advance to the quaerter-finals.

Only three teams are good enough to win this cup. Brazil, Holland and Spain. And Spain might not even qualify from the group stage.

So far no South American team has lost a game. all indications are this cup is heading to South America. And with Argentina and Uruguay not good enough, that leaves Brazil as the lone favourites. Even more so now that their boggey side France are out.

Serbia will beat Germany today.

ZonalMarking's summary of Argentina:

Brilliant attacking play will get the headlines, but the longer-term story is that Argentina will be ripped apart by decent sides unless they improve their defence.

N.O.R.F   

As usual your opinion is on the back of others. Argentina will improve defensively and can just as easily play on the counter. I doubt they will win but everyone doubted the Spanish for the same reasons in '08 but Holland, the only team who could have tested that defence, didn't play them. Same may happen for Argentina as Brazil and Spain could be going home early.

Again, it was only NK and your defence could have been breached with slightly better passing, running and composure. Brazil could go out for the same reason as you're suggesting for Arg. NK did score against you remember?

Wax arag saxib.

Abtigiis   

Arangnee! Don't come up with stuff like so and so didn't play well hadhow. :D:D

Meeshaad Brazil kula culoowday anigu garan maayo, laakin they are a decent side. Don't fall for the European propaganda of 'it is not the Brazil we know, the flair blah blah'. Waxay rabaan in koox bilaa difaac ah oo weerar uun qaada meesha la keeno deedna ay ka badiyaan. Now they have already posted on BBC "Is Argentina the new Brazil?". :D:D

Edit- See this Arg Bloggers summary. I agree with him.

My feedback after the game!

Negative points:

- We used tactics from the 80’s : we defended with only 7 players (which cost us important defeats recently and the 2006 elimination) and not as a unit

- Which increase our huge Mascherano dependency

- Jonas Gutierrez decreases the quality of our defence: the confidence of our central defence has been affected today, as expected.

- On/off collective link between the 5 players behind and the 5 upfront

- Individualism

- Jonas suspended for the next game which won’t allow him to get more used to the right back position

Positive points:

+ Only a little miracle would prevent us to qualify!

+ We have one the most impressive strikeforce ever, we could’ve win 10-1

+ Free-kicks

+ Confidence upfront: Higuain +3, Messi the best in the world, Aguero

+ Maradona’s attitude towards De Michelis, a great motivator

And I know what that means.

N.O.R.F   

A&T, you're a walking contradiction. Respond to the comment below.

Originally posted by Norfsky:

Again, it was only NK and your defence could have been breached with slightly better passing, running and composure. Brazil could go out for the same reason as you're suggesting for Arg. NK did score against you remember?

Even with the two water carriers of Silva and Melo, lowly NK scored a good goal and gave your defence a tough time.

You're what is called a blind supporter who doesn't acknowledge his team's short-comings. They have a better defence baad nagu waashay and I saw nothing special just like last years Confed cup.

Abtigiis   

Waryee Norf, I dispute your meaning of a good defence? Still, Brazil will concede goals now and then. But how many chances did they give to North Korea in the entire game?

Also, Are you disputing that Brazil defence was the best during the qualifiers? What measurement should we use?

Adeer, it is a fact Brazil is coming to this world cup with best defence of all teams. If you want to talk about but then how did a team score against them, I think that only points to lack of understanding.

Somalina   

Offense wins in this 2010 WC.

Argentina and Germany are bringing it so far and whichever team can beat them will win the World Cup.

Mexico and Uruguay look promising winners already!

Abtigiis   

Let us wait the second Germany game NNC.

The way I saw them in the games before Australia, I have doubts about them. Don't get carried away!

Abtigiis   

For Bafana supporters: :D:D:D

Judge to child: Do you want to live with your mother?

Child: No

Judge: Why?

Child: She beats me.

Judge: Okay, so you want to live with dad? Child: No

Judge: Why not?

Child: He beats me too.

Judge: So who do you want to live with? Child: BAFANA BAFANA

Judge: WHY??

Child: They never beat anyone!

:D:D