Sign in to follow this  
WingA

FIFA World Cup 2010

Drogba did not change anything in the game ,,, thought he will start a new session ,,,,

Forget about C. Ronaldo , isaga waa laga yara xanaajiyaa uun ,, :D

Rober Eearle sold his tickets to a beer comapany.

Brazil were slow to start, but they showed they still have the quality to do well in this world cup, from what we saw in the Ivory v Porturgal game i think they will win the group rather easilly and whoever cannot beat NK will miss out from this group.

Oz   

So far the Ivorians and the souf africans impressed me out of all the Africans teams. NK are my new favourite WC 2010 team now, very decent at the back and their number 9 was more impressive than Kaka. :D

NGONGE   

Quiroz is describing the game ya badow. This is how it was played. IC counter attacked. War dee this is basic stuff that every watcher of football (other than those in SOL) can and did see. :D

P.S.

Robbie Earle sold world cup tickets (50 I think). Heh.

N.O.R.F   

Reason why I didn't notice the 11 men behind the ball. Because they had the ball alot of the time and attacked more icon_razz.gif

Abtigiis   

War dee waxan iska daaya. Ngonge is not right in portraying the game as if it was NK and Brazil game. It was much more open than that and IC attacked very well but could not score. In fact, they looked more like the team that will score.

But it is also true they played defensively. Maybe it is because Portugal didn't expect the Ivorians to be that astute tactically, that they are surprised and bitter.

NGONGE   

^^ Adiga ka daran. Where is Seeker, she might understand this (even though she is a girl icon_razz.gif ). She was captain of her school football team and one hopes they taught her about tactics.

Not a good enough reason, Norf. This is not park football, it's the world-bloody-cup. If you can't work out a formation or tactics while watching a game dee you don't understand football, saaxib. I was right, kubbada baro. :D

Attempts on goal come from positional play and tactics. Wax fahan.

Portugal had the posession and were the more attack minded team there but they could not get past the wall of Ivorian defence. WAX FAHAN. WAX FAHAN. WAX FAHAN. Grrrr. :D

Abtigiis   

On another issue, what do you think about this suggestion?

I think Dunga should give kaka 45 minutes more chance next game, and if he can't move like yesterday, he should unleash the Beast (Baptista). His club form is irrelevant. He plays exceptionally well for Brazil when he comes on. He also brings the added advantage is shooting from distance.

The depth in the squad is startling. Ramires will shine in this world cup, but he sometimes forgets to defend.

N.O.R.F   

Ngonge,

Tactics baad ka dhigtay miyaa?

Waar they defended, fine. When attacking it was 4-3-3 and Portugal has no answer. IC were the attacking team. See the stats :D

Arrgg!

fan2035490.jpg

NGONGE   

Horta wax fahan, I am not saying that Ivory Coast played a bad game. They actually played one of their best games ever at the world cup. They were given instructions by their manager and followed them to the letter (none of the crazy African antics from them). However, these tactics also prevented them from attacking more. Erikson's first goal was defence. Portugal were also cagey but looked like the team that wanted to attack more (forget chances and statistics, look at the positional play and feel of the game). When Ivory Coast attacked it was clearly COUNTER ATTACKS (horta do you understand what that means?). Kubbada baro, adeer.

A&T, Kaka will come good, saaxib. It was not his fault that the North Koreans blocked the areas he usually plays in. The Brazil wingers and full backs needed to stretch the Koreans to create the space for him to run into. Plus, your beloved Robinho was moving all over the place and blocking the runs of the left back one minute or Kaka the next (and it worked, but not for Kaka of course).

I haven't watched the IC vs Portugal so I can't comment yet (recorded it though may watched it later).

As for NK, they played really well, with little compsure infront of goal, they would have given Brazil more headache.

I still believe Brazil will win th WC...if a team can win even when they are playing not to their usual game, i see them as champions. I have seen a very balanced team (hope Fabiano hits forms otherwise Nilmar should start)

Cheers

N.O.R.F   

Erm, there are games today you know boys :D

I hope the Bafana do it vs URG.

Spain will win 4-0

Hunduras will beat Chile.