Sign in to follow this  
WingA

FIFA World Cup 2010

Abtigiis   

I am not Norf. I am officially resigning from the sports section following the departure of Dunga, a man of immense intellect and character; whose philosophy is as valid today as it was yesterday. but with the following parting shots:

-No one could have accounted for a lapse of concentration in such crucial a game from seasoned defenders and a superb goalie; no one could have accounted for a Japanese referee who bought all the theatrics of Robben (the red card was right though). In the first half when Juan missed that chance and Kaka's was saved, I told friends it doesn't look like Brazil's day. But the crucial blow was not Holland's form or Brazil's lack of luck. It was Brazil's luck of fit players up front. As average as the side might look, if Kaka and Fabiano were even as good as they can be, this team would have done it. Melo's mistake is not a big one, as it happens. But he proved his doubters right.

-I hope Brazil doesn't overreact and go the 'all-attack' way of Argentina. They need young players and they have the talent pool, but the basic philosophy should remain the same. What should change is the over-reliance on counter-attack tactics, something Germany is also overdoing and will reap its cost very soon. Brazil should maintain the defensive strength but should field players who can run and play the ball with high-tempo. Frankly, the team was boring in most games.

-I am supporting Uruguay but the Dutch seem to be the team with the best mentality to win this time. They are playing Dunga's game and that is dangerous.

-If Spain wins this world cup, it will save football, for they are playing the best football. I expected them to falter,but I now recognize their main weakness is Torres. They are playing good game and can go all the way. Paraguay played the same approach I advocated for years (high pressure game against Spain)but they still managed to run around and find spaces. They are the best side in the world right now.

-I have warned against cheering for Argentina time and time again. No one heeded my warnings. This time, some are doing the same for Germany. I say the Germans will lose to Spain big time. They are not as good as they were made to look. Counter-attacking football is like a Russian roullette. Some days you get it in doubles, other days, you find it hard. Argentina sent an attacking team with no backline. Spain's defence is not good but just enough to keep Germany at bay. Also, the midfield is superb and I can't see how Ozil and Shceweinsteiger could stop Xavi and Iniesta. Germany will be thrashed by Spain.

-Luis Suarez is a hero, and I want him to play the final. But the Ghana team will rue their failure to do some research on uruguay. If they have been watching videos of the last Copa America and the qualifiers, they would have understood how Sebabstian Abreu (el Loco)-the last penalty taker takes penalties. He does score in the same way against Julio Cesare twice and against Argentina. The moment he stepped up, my nephew who was with me said "abti, this guy is the one who lifts in the middle".

- I am resigning from the Sports section taking responsibility for all I said (the one's I got right and the one's I got wrong). I was wrong on Villa and Spain (but not Torres), but I was right on Argentina and England. I think I was right on Brazil and I feared Holland. I am not endowed with Norf's cheek which is made of hippo's skin. I cannot say I have seen this coming (Brazil) just as he did with England, when all he said was how they will trounce everybody, only to be humiliated.

-I will be happy if this World Cup is won by Uruguay or Spain. But even if Holland wins, it is about time they do so. What I know is Germany will not win it.

N.O.R.F   

Khutbad dhan baabu inoo galay :D

A&T, I thought Brazil had the mental strength? way isku dheh yaaceen :D

I was right about the keeper, I was right about them faltering when tested and I was right about Brazil's strikers.

I have a sneeky feeling Holland will now press the self destruct button.

Originally posted by NinaNC:

:D:D
Too bad so sad! lol is marjiya Ghana fans...

p.s. did you just predict a Uruguay-Germany final?...good for you...you are a true fan!
icon_razz.gif:D

The team I was supporting crushed early, so Ghana's loss ain't nothing to me entertaining as it has been .If anyone is marjiyo, it should be you for getting trashed like by Germs icon_razz.gif

NGONGE   

Warya A&T, what your wrote above is the same as the classic 'taking your ball home'. Naga daa dee, you are not Dunga (he can resign but you can't). :D

P.S.

Brazil played good football and were outdone by some back luck and Dutch indha adeeg (I mean that Dutch team had no way in hell of coming back into that game until their fluke goal was scored).

As for Ghana, Harry Kewel was probably heard muttering to himself something about what goes around coming around. :D (he got sent off against Ghana for a handball that really wasn't). :D

Oz   

AT&T: Few people thought Germany will hammer England. Even less thought Germany will rape Argentina, and even less thought Netherlands may beat Brazil. One important thing is when you play teams that allows you to do what you best know how to do. So far Spain hasn't played such opposition that tried to play football, but Germany is actually a team that plays and allows to play, and if they allow SPAIN to play they'll be hammered.

PS: you can't just resign from sports section, it's either we take your life or stay with us. We'r family afterall. (Mafia style) :D:D:D

^LOOOL. I have a visceral abhorrence for the Spaniards. I don't care if my team doesn't end up winning the Cup, I just want Spain to be pummelled to the 'effin ground.

A&T should have resigned before making yet another overblown prediction (Germans getting hung on a high tree by the Spaniards).

Tuujiye   

Oyaaye Ooyaaye! Oyaaye Ooyaaye!

Waraa A&T, iska joog nooh laakiin anaga lee wa naga dhageyso lool mise taas aaba ku dhibeeso? lool

Duqa Brazil meeqa sano aan fiirsaneyne? koox dii 94 ayaa kuwaan barbardhigtay! Romario iyo Fabiano aa is bar dhigtay! difaacii 94ka ee Brazil heysteen iyo kuwaan maba isku dhaween weerarkoodana macquul maba aheen.. Babeto iyo Romario waxaa ahaayeen the best trikers in that world cup abti..Hustle iyo skills ee isku darsadeen.... I told you kooxdaan iyo kuwii 94 in ee isku mid aheen mar hore nooh marax yahoo!

Germany will beat Spain! isbaanishkaan aan aduunka ugu necbahay aniga...

Wareer Badanaa!!!

WingA   

I see my legacy is still here..

Well, so much to catch upon and i got to say that this world cup has been disppointing to say the least..

Its been a boring world cup, one special team and if they dont win it, man it would be a shame walaahi and also because everywhere i watch its in arabic and watching are ppl who have no interest in football apart from Rooney, Messi or Ronaldo and they all under performed..

Germany all the way now.. The Adi Dasler boyz would lift the crown and if they dont i had a terrible football year.. lool..

Oz   

^ ^ Hey you, you've been away for some time, how are ya doing.

It may be the best game of the tournament if both teams plays as they know. Germany will want the revenge of the euro, but won't be easy.

Spain are not playing as the were 4 months ago, mainly because some of our key players are still recovering from injuries (Torres, Cesc, Iniesta & Xavi) but are improving each day (especially the last two) and despite we haven't had a comfortable game so far, we have dominated every one.

if Germany is able to press Spain as the other teams, they have the edge and should win comfortably as they are amazing up front, but if they allow our midfield to play, they will be demolished. For Germany Müller is out, for Spain, Cesc is dubious (shoulder problem during the not given penalty) and Puyol, Alonso and Ramos are probable despite they have some problems.

Head to head record is 8W for Germany, 6W for spain, 6ties. The only time we have met in KO stages in a major tournament was in the euro final, 1-0 for Spain. The last time we met in the WC was in USA94, 1-1 in the group stages.

Should be a beauty.

OS' 'we, we, we.' :D

Whaever happened to Aussies waa ogtahee maa joogtid. Ma haddana Isbaanishkaas ayaa rajo ka leedahay. We, we, we'da i dishayba. War joog, amee tii Australia ku dhacday ku dhacdaa hee iyagana.

Isbeyn were chronically known as underachievers. They soon will be put where they actually belonged -- to be underachievers again. Don't count your eggs too soon.