WingA

FIFA World Cup 2010

Oz   

From this SPORT-18s25-maradona-386_368.jpg

To this

maradona_1660691c.jpg

:D:D

Pele on Maradona

"Diego only took the Argentina job because he needed the money," the legend was reported by Ole as saying.

"I saw them struggle in qualifying, but it isn't Maradona's fault. It is the fault of whoever put him in charge."

Pele was responding to recent comments by Maradona, in which the Argentine alleged that he did not have faith in South Africa's ability to host the World Cup and had been proved completely wrong.

"I don't know why he speaks about me so much, he must be in love with me."

Abtigiis   

"The whole world knows that Maradona loves me. He adores me,” Pele told Lance.

“When his TV show opened in Argentina, he called me. They had a fund-raising party at Boca Juniors and I was there,” he continued.

Maradona and Pele, widely regarded as the two greatest footballers of all time, have long been trading insults and the Brazilian’s latest comments come after Maradona suggested he should “go back to the museum” at a press conference last week.

"Maradona loves me,” Pele reiterated. “Whenever he has an event that needs attention, he honors me."

Pele also spoke about Luis Fabiano’s goal against Ivory Coast, after Maradona suggested that Brazil do anything they can to win games.

“I think it took a bit of both of us,” said Pele. “A bit of my head and a hand from Maradona.”

I am a Brazil fan, but between these two, I always support the best player on Earth Maradona.

Abtigiis   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

A&T,

War sheekado waa qabyaalad dee.
:D

quote:

The problems and friction in the French team are down to a split over one man: Yoann Gourcuff.

Gourcuff comes from a privileged family. He is smart and he is respectful - but he is also still a shy little boy. In his spare time he listens to music, watches films and plays his video game systems. He is, in his own words, a little nerdy.

In a French squad that places more value on how much money you have in your bank account, and what girl is on your arm, Gourcuff doesn't fit.

One incident occurred shortly before the World Cup. Franck Ribery and Sidney Govou had organised a night out at well known gentleman's club in Paris. Several players, including Gourcuff, decided to stay home. When Ribery heard about this he immediately confronted Gourcuff and asked 'does your mother not allow you to go, you homosexual slur'

This is one of many incidents.

Ribery is the main instigator in the bullying, however he is far from alone. On the pitch, Gourcuff plays within himself. Scared because he fears the verbal retribution he will receive after the match from his tormentors.

In the squad, Gourcuff can count on only 2 real allies. His best friend Hugo Lloris and his teammate Jeremy Toulalan.

When Raymond Domonech bowed to player pressure and dropped Gourcuff for France's second group match, that was the catalyst for the situation in which we now find ourselves.

Quote:

Reports of groups hardly talking to each other soon surfaced, however, most notable were the French media suggestions that playmaker Yoann Gourcuff was isolated and suffering extreme verbal and even physical bullying at the hands of Franck Ribery.

"We're not all the best of friends, that's normal, but hopefully that does not translate on to the pitch," midfielder Jeremy Toulalan, a close friend of Gourcuff, said when asked about those reports.

"For instance, when I'm playing with Yoann, I'm not going to pass him the ball more just because we get on well,"

Just Fontaine, who scored a record 13 goals for France at the 1958 World Cup, was damning in his verdict on Ribery.

"Ribery? One day the mistake was made to say he was the team's brains and since, he has believed it. He is an arrogant man. He has a mood and an anger within him that is extremely unpleasant and disruptive"

Ngonge, waa arkaa in cadaan iyo madoow la isu hasto, laakin kan Ribery ah maxaa tolkii ka reebay ee Govou iyo Gallas raaciyey? :D:D:D

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by SeeKer:

quote:Originally posted by NGONGE:

If Paraguay beat Mexico and France let SA trounce them anything could happen.

What game were you watching lol
:D:D:D
A question we ask him everyday :D:D

BOB   

Goooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaal Messiiiiiiiiiiiiiii...Ohhh Noooooo he hit the post...AGAIN :(

If anybody deserved a goal in this World Cup it's him and I'm sure before the end of this game he will get his goal against the Mehicanos and Marquez would rather let him score than jeopardize his Barcelona career. :D

England are very very very LUCKY. :mad:

Peace, Love & Unity.

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Norfsky:

quote:Originally posted by SeeKer:

quote:

Originally posted by NGONGE:

If Paraguay beat Mexico and France let SA trounce them anything could happen.

What game were you watching lol
:D:D:D
A question we ask him everyday
As ever, you fail again on the small details.

The suggestion that Seeker gleefully quotes was made BEFORE the match. :D

Both Nigeria and South Africa played well and made their nations proud. No shame in getting eliminated in such a way.

N.O.R.F   

Regardless. Paraguay did not play Mexico yesterday :D

What of today? Sky News are saying Defoe is playing in place of Heskey and Milner is in for Lennon.

NGONGE   

Paraguay, Uruguay it's an easy mistake to make, you bunch of pedants. :D

I never predict England games. It's all in the player's attitude really.

N.O.R.F   

I'm not asking you to make a prediction saxib. If you gave us one England would end up as 7th best :D

England are wearing red! Bring it on.

N.O.R.F   

Comment of Defoe and Milner dee. Use that website of yours lol

How can you hope England lose? Imagine the feel good factor in the country.

Ps England winning would be a huge welcome for George Osborne and Co.

Abtigiis   

Once more Ngonge is right. Nigeria surprised me last night and for the first time played with pace up front and solidity at the back.