Sign in to follow this  
WingA

FIFA World Cup 2010

NGONGE   

^^ You could say the same about South Africa. They are facing a France team that does not even want to play. If Paraguay beat Mexico and France let SA trounce them anything could happen.

In England's group, if Algeria beat the USA and Slovenia beat England, the most unlikely two teams will qualify from that group. Heh.

No team is out until they're out.

Abtigiis   

At the start of the world cup draw, I picked here in SOL that Mexico and Urugauy will qualify from Group A. And that Argentina and South Korea will qualify from Group B. I haven't seen anything that should change my mind.

I may get it wrong in Group C, because I don't like the English. I predicted USA and Slovenia (or Algeria) -I don't remember which of the latter to be honest to qualify from this group. I still think USA will go through, and now with the benefit of two games result, I WANT Slovenia to go through.

From Group D, I think i got it wrong because I predicted Germany will go out, and Serbia and Australia will qualify. Now, I think Ghana and Serbia might actually go through.

My other predictions were (at the WC draw) were

Group E: Holland and Japan

Group F: Paraguay and Slovakia (I have doubts now, and I think Italy might sneak)

Group G: Never in doubt. Brazil and Portugal

Group H: Switzerland and Chile (I have the feeling I may have underestimated Spain).

But overall, not bad. Is it?

NGONGE   

France team for today's game:

Lloris, Sagna, Gallas, Squillaci, Clichy, Diarra (cap), Diaby, Gourcuff, Ribéry, Gignac, Cissé

(Evra, Abidal, Govou and Maluda have all been dropped). Bfffana bafana? :D

Uruguay should do us favor and beat the Mexicans by 3 goals, and the Bfana Bfanas will beat the disarray French by 4 clean goals.. icon_razz.gif

NGONGE   

A&T,

War sheekado waa qabyaalad dee. :D

The problems and friction in the French team are down to a split over one man: Yoann Gourcuff.

Gourcuff comes from a privileged family. He is smart and he is respectful - but he is also still a shy little boy. In his spare time he listens to music, watches films and plays his video game systems. He is, in his own words, a little nerdy.

In a French squad that places more value on how much money you have in your bank account, and what girl is on your arm, Gourcuff doesn't fit.

One incident occurred shortly before the World Cup. Franck Ribery and Sidney Govou had organised a night out at well known gentleman's club in Paris. Several players, including Gourcuff, decided to stay home. When Ribery heard about this he immediately confronted Gourcuff and asked 'does your mother not allow you to go, you homosexual slur'

This is one of many incidents.

Ribery is the main instigator in the bullying, however he is far from alone. On the pitch, Gourcuff plays within himself. Scared because he fears the verbal retribution he will receive after the match from his tormentors.

In the squad, Gourcuff can count on only 2 real allies. His best friend Hugo Lloris and his teammate Jeremy Toulalan.

When Raymond Domonech bowed to player pressure and dropped Gourcuff for France's second group match, that was the catalyst for the situation in which we now find ourselves.

Quote:

Reports of groups hardly talking to each other soon surfaced, however, most notable were the French media suggestions that playmaker Yoann Gourcuff was isolated and suffering extreme verbal and even physical bullying at the hands of Franck Ribery.

"We're not all the best of friends, that's normal, but hopefully that does not translate on to the pitch," midfielder Jeremy Toulalan, a close friend of Gourcuff, said when asked about those reports.

"For instance, when I'm playing with Yoann, I'm not going to pass him the ball more just because we get on well,"

Just Fontaine, who scored a record 13 goals for France at the 1958 World Cup, was damning in his verdict on Ribery.

"Ribery? One day the mistake was made to say he was the team's brains and since, he has believed it. He is an arrogant man. He has a mood and an anger within him that is extremely unpleasant and disruptive"

N.O.R.F   

I knew it went further than the Anelka incident. Apparently what he said to Dominech was muttered rather than vocal and one of the other players reported him to the coach.

Looking good for SA

Khayr   

So what are South Africa's chances today?

They are up 2 - 0 against France.

They need 3 goals and a win to tie for 2nd place, if mexico and uruguay tie at 0-0 a piece?

Actually, they need uruguay to lose 1-0 to have a chance - right?

What are there odds?

Damnns African - they giving us hope - whyyyyy

Khayr   

Uruguay 1 Mexicao 0

They can't score more than that for South Africa to advance - right?