Sign in to follow this  
WingA

FIFA World Cup 2010

SeeKer   

Ghana's youth just showed. African players need to stop auditioning for clubs via WC. People should play for their nations. Uff foqol uff @ Ghana.

Tuujiye   

They Can Norf they could shoot the ball unlike the British lool...

Ghana stoped pressing the ball in the second half and that gave the Ausies some life in the game. This group is now very ugly yaaqee Ghana lost a chance to be in the second round..

Wareer Badanaa!!!

These African teams need to learn one or two things from the Dutch. What a waste of talent.

Dutch focus on points, not plaudits

"The country that gave us the delightfully free-flowing concept of Total Football, and reached two FIFA World Cup™ Finals employing it in the 1970s, are towing a line far more practical these days in South Africa. "We're thrilled to have maximum points from two games," Dirk Kuyt, the Netherlands forward, told FIFA.com after their 1-0 win over Japan in Durban on Saturday.

That victory took the Oranje to the top of Group H, but was short on the kind of style and elegance historically associated with the 1988 European champions, producers of such showy icons as Johan Cruyff, Ruud Gullit and Marco van Basten. "It would be great to score bags of goals and play flowing football all the time, but if you gave me the choice between points and style, I would take the points every day," continued Kuyt, the Liverpool striker whose work rate has no equal at these finals.

Sacrificing panache and "sexy football" – a term Gullit himself famously coined – the Dutch have yet to concede a goal in South Africa and are playing a disciplined brand of football almost incongruous with their trademark orange jerseys. "Patience, not flair, I think this is the main strength of this team," said young forward Eljero Elia, who came off the bench against Japan. After a match that produced only two shots on goal in the first half, and was settled by a single goal from Wesley Sneijder, Elja’s theory certainly seems on the mark.

It would have been something for the continent to see one of the participating nations to qualify from the group stage with flying colours, and Ghana threw that away today.

The Aussies came back with a lot of spirit and determination uplift their tattered reputation. Sad.

SeeKer   

^ Anelka's comment calling his coach son of a wh0re was uncalled for. Even if he disagrees with what the coach does talking so disrespectfully, especially after the Zizou's head butt last WC due to a similar comment, shouldn't even have crossed his mind redface.gif

Ouch Danes just equalized.......this is a game of death lol

SeeKer   

Seriously this game is bloody exciting. No one wants to go home. Chances abound I think people will lose their voices today!

Danes will come out winners in this! The Africans are taking the p!ss.

Boy, I hate this ITV (UK) commentator's commentary. I hate it when an African team scores and he goes 'a goal for Africa'. Does he say the same when Euro team scores, NO!