Sign in to follow this  
WingA

FIFA World Cup 2010

Slovenians are slow. But they winning against Russia in the qualifying round to this World cup suggests that they might do England but with England you never know.

Glory to the English. (drinkers) Misery to the English. (strikers).

Tonight England won 5:0 against Algeria. Rejoice in it boys.

Early celebrations is for the wicked and ******. So i'll leave you to it.

N.O.R.F   

How disappointing was that? But, this is exactly what England needed. Slovenia do not want to play them next.

Algeria might just do it. They played some good stuff but need a proper striker.

There was a huge power cut in one southern african nation tonight is what I'm hearing in the news now. A heavy thunder-storm disrupted live viewing of the game and it was not watch-able in Harare, they say.

I'm eagerly awaiting A&T's insights into this game who did not watch it but listened to it on the radio in the rain using his car's battery and how bad and hyped up the English players are by the English media and how unlucky the Algerians were in not scoring.

SeeKer   

Originally posted by Norfsky:

Slovenia do not want to play them next.

I think Slovenia will put England away with no fuss and no muss. There is no way that England team is making Slovenia sweat. Norf stop beating those British war drums, they are pretty silent sxb.

N.O.R.F   

Guys, this has happened before on numerous occassions. This result and performance is a blessing in disguise. Waad arki doontaan.

Polanyi   

Rooney did/said something to the camera at the end when england got booed, eh? They're all complaining about him, lol.

Hales   

And Rooney was talking about facing Germany on the papers yesterday, now their fighting for their survival in the group stages.

I mean come on... Slovenia, USA and Algeria should be an easy group.

Algeria

In the begging algerians looked nervous and scared of the 'star-studded' english squad will run over them but as time goes by things got changed and algerians now realised how bajaq the english team was by now and they were back in the game and this time more confident. Honestly speaking, they should have won that game but they lacked of proper goal scorer, striker, a finisher.

England:

I would describe them as overpaid, over-rated, over-hyped underperforming bunch of useless mediocrities. England will never win a single trophy with that attitude and approach, never! England needs a proper coach (Alex Fergusen type) with discipline. A man who judges each player on his own merits and recent performances and not just because the media is in love with him or he is extended relative of HM the Queen! Simply a coach who treats all the players equally.

USA

Hats off to this team! showed good fighting spirit and self-belief and with that attitude no doubt they can go further.

WORLD CUP 2010: What England have to do to qualify for the last 16

article-1287811-0A1A4A3E000005DC-188_468

Group qualification is decided by the following tie-breaks:

* First - goal difference

* Second - goals scored

* Third - head-to-head record of the teams involved

* Finally - if teams are still level, a lottery is held to decide who goes through.

Jumping over hurdles: England are facing an early exit after two draws

To qualify as winners:

England need to beat Slovenia and hope the USA don't win by a bigger margin against Algeria. If they finish with the same points and same goal difference as the USA they must have scored more goals than the Americans. If they are still tied it will go to a lottery as the head-to-head result was a draw.

To qualify as runners -up:

A draw with Slovenia will only be good enough for England to qualify in second place if the USA also draw their last game against Algeria and England score three more goals than the Americans i.e. if the USA draw 0-0 England would have to draw 3-3. (If England draw 2-2 it would go to the lottery.)

England will be out if:

They lose to Slovenia, or they draw and Algeria beat the USA or vice versa.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldcup2010/article-1287811/WORLD-CUP-2010-What-England-to-qualify -16.html?ito=feeds-newsxml#ixzz0rG2I1hTj