Sign in to follow this  
WingA

FIFA World Cup 2010

NGONGE   

^^ Capello sucks? Bes. Bes. Halka ku daa. :D

Bob is that why Messi's team struggled to qualify for this world cup and lost six nil to Bolivia? icon_razz.gif

^Cappello doesnt suck. The line up was a bit so so. I have to agree,This US team is not as good as the rest. However,they do have great strikers. Zero Defense,Zero Midfield.

I think the English this year will show up

And What happened to England ?? ,,,,,, Ahhhh ,,,, there was no sign of Rooney, Limbard was kinda lost ,,,, Gerrad managed to score just once ,,, the rest were just passing the damn ball ,,, :D

Oz   

^ ^ Hey You? Get a visa first before coming to Sports section. Lol

Capelo has to take some of the blame here, being undesided on his team. A howler by Green, and he was lucky to get away with his save onto the post. His hands are far from safe at present and Capelo has to live or die by his decision of which keeper for the next game.

The Americans played well this morning, the smaller teams at this WC have played well so far and they are improving all the time. More players from Smaller-Medium Nations are now getting exposure playing in the top level of European leagues etc, A lot of Slovenia's players play in the German and French leagues and i reckon they could give England& USA decent matches The US have improved a lot over the last 10 years, dont forget they beat Spain in the Confed Cup and they drew with the Italians at the last WC. Uruguay didnt beat France yesterday, Argentina looked unconvincing, gone are the days when the likes of South Korea/USA etc get beat by 3/4 clear goals, you have to earn and scrap for every point nowadays, you rarely get a freebie, the only average side i have seen at this WC so far is Greece.

Lennon is an appalling waste of space, he couldn't cross a road, how he gets picked God alone knows.

Carragher is crap, and didn't even look fit, probably because he's past it, if he ever had it.

Unusually England had a 'keeper who actually managed to score for the opposition, so at least that was a bit different to the norm.

Positives were Johnson, Gerrard and Cole . . . especially the first two who were immense.

N.O.R.F   

Lennon played well saxib. Not his fault Rooney and Heskey failed to pull away to recieve the crosses. SWP is the waste. Did nothing at all.

Why do people regurgitate everything their hear or listen on the media. Rubbish. Do your own analysis, and say things as you see them yourself. Waa iga talo.

England team is a good team, but the problem is they're put under huge pressure, and because of that burden most of the time they under-perform. Simple.

USA were underdogs, had nothing to lose plus that highly cooked sauce of natiolasm hence their performance. For example, look at SA, their team is average (very good manager) but they're walking on water because of that wave of support and being in their country.

I'm done.

Polanyi   

Dhagax, England have far higher problems than pressure. One of the biggest problems they have is that they are virtually playing the same team they used in previous tournaments and are using the same failed system. The 442 with Gerrard and Lampard has never worked and I don't understand why Capello is persisting with it. Most successful teams have a proper defensive mid nowawadays.I know Barry was unfit, but why not play CARRICK? Capello is also making some bizzare squad and team selections? SWP, wtf? Milner: ditto! And so on and so forth. Their other greatest problem is their lack of keeping the ball for large periods. England even sometimes allow possession to smaller teams like eGYPT, Mexico, Japan and we saw it against USA last night. IF THEY do progress to the next round or the quarters, this will be the greatest hurdle. Having said that, I think the media is being a bit too harsh and England did OK last night.

N.O.R.F   

Come on lads. England didn't lose and DID play well (in patches in the 2nd half). To win would have been nice but what else are you looking for from the first game? Most of the team played well, we had chances and should have won. You build on that.

Oz   

To some extent, I aggree with you their NORF. it can happen to anyone. Btw a world cup has never been won in the first match and England dont do that well in the groups (even though they qualify). But I also doubt you'll win it but you will go further in my opinion. :D

England drew in 1966&1990! So this time they will go all the length or at least to the semi-finals. hehe

Green to save a few penalties on the way as well preferably against Germany in the next round. Last sixteen England v Germany, with England winning on penalties.

Come'on Slovenia. What a goal.

?m=02&d=20100613&t=2&i=127790049&w=&fh=&

Oz   

S.Korea, They have better technical players, that is the one area they have improved on from past World Cups. Also organizationally too they look far better than before, they dont give you soft goals and one area where i really thought they would struggle yesterday was at set plays, and they dealt with quite well.

They will have a test against Nigeria, but one thing is for sure they will likely have better technical ability than the Nigerians.

Im loving it seeing them do well. I would love to see more of those S.Korean female fans. :D