Sign in to follow this  
WingA

FIFA World Cup 2010

MZanzi   

^^ did u watch bafana bafana last night they were outstanding even tho' they were playing against a weak team (bulgaria) waa tacbaan

Raamsade   

Argentina looked half-decent against depleted Canada. They have awesome attacking force in: Aguerro, Tevez, Messi and Higuin. I think they have a decent chance of winning the whole thing but with Maradonna as a manager you never what you'll get.

BTW, in terms of African teams only Ivory Coast has a good chance of progressing far in the tournament.

Tuujiye   

Bafana Bafana!!!! waraa nimankaas Brazil ee isoo xasuusiyeen xalay walaahi... caadi ma aha... baashaal iyaga dhameeyay iyo jeesto....fun to watch walaahi can't wait for this world cup!

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Abtigiis   

Tuujiye wan ku wareeray. He reads too much into friendlies with minnows.

Kolba qolo ayuu odhan can't wait to watch. LoooolA@Bafana reminding him of Brazil. This Tuujiye guy is a relic runtii. He appreciates fruitless one-touches.

Anyway, Argentina has a bad defence and a mediocre midfiled, but the best attack.

But they will beat Nigeria. I think they will qualify from their weak group.

Xalay waxaan kaloon ka seexan waayey BOB's logic about Cape Verde. War with all the players they have, they are yet to qualify from the preliminery phase of African Cup of Nations qualifiers. His logic was very very strange. Rijkaard is from Surinam, therefore Brazil will have problem beating the birth place of Rijkaard and Gullit! :D:D

Ivory coast are stronger than they were 2006. they have quality players in most important positions

Attack - Kolou and Drogba

Midfield Yaya, Zokora and Eboue

Koulo at the back. these are six decent players who can go far in the world cup.

I haven't included the other guys like Koni (Mars), Koffi(Seville) and so on.

Their main problem is S Erickson, he is confused manager! I do not believe he can win a world cup

Cheers

NGONGE   

^^ Yet it makes no difference with that team really. I mean, they always get the praise and attention but always fail to deliver. If that team has one secret weapon it is actually the new manager. Yet, I don't expect them to get far in the tournment (nor do I expect any of the other African teams to make it beyond the first knockout round). Kubbada barta (Egypt ba raggan wada garacday for six years). :D

^^^ I expect Ivory to beat portugal and go second but then they may face Spain (not sure)

I also expect at least two African teams to make to the quarterfinals.

Cheers

Abtigiis   

Cameroun will go the farthest among the African teams. They may upset the Dutch in the first game. Forget about the Ivorians. Even North Korea might take points from them.

BOB   

Originally posted by Abtigiis & Tusbax:

Xalay waxaan kaloon ka seexan waayey BOB's logic about Cape Verde. War with all the players they have, they are yet to qualify from the preliminery phase of African Cup of Nations qualifiers. His logic was very very strange. Rijkaard is from Surinam, therefore Brazil will have problem beating the birth place of Rijkaard and Gullit!
:D:D

Welcome Baaaaaaack....Now that's the A&T I know and love. :D

Peace, Love & Unity.

Haatu   

Bafana played well. But they need to work on penetrating. Passing the ball side to side is good but it won't get you anywhere.

England did alright against a Mexican team that could just not score. How many one to ones did they have? Bloody Vela! :D

Argentina also did well. What a goal by that player :D (forgot his name :D )

BOB   

I feel sorry for Vurnon Anita who has had a very impressive season with Ajax and I truly believe that he deserved to be in that squad along with his fellow Ajax compatriot Urby Emanuelson but still Bert van Marwijk has chosen quite a talented and formidable squad and I hope there won't be any fights amongst the players...I Keep My Fingers Crossed. :D

Here is the full squad.

Goalkeepers:

Maarten Stekelenburg (Ajax)

Michel Vorm (Utrecht)

Sander Boschker (Twente)

Defenders

Gregory van der Wiel (Ajax)

Khalid Boulahrouz (Stuttgart)

John Heitinga (Everton)

Joris Mathijsen (Hamburger SV)

Giovanni van Bronckhorst (Feyenoord)

Edson Braafheid (Bayern Munich)

Andre Ooijer (PSV)

Midfielders

Demy de Zeeuw (Ajax)

Wesley Sneijder (Inter)

Rafael van der Vaart (Real Madrid)

Ibrahim Afellay (PSV)

Mark van Bommel (Bayern Munich)

Nigel de Jong (Manchester City)

Stijn Schaars (AZ)

Forwards:

Arjen Robben (Bayern Munich)

Dirk Kuyt (Liverpool)

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (AC Milan)

Robin van Persie ;) (Arsenal)

Ryan Babel (Liverpool)

Eljero Elia (Hamburger SV)

PS. Watch out for Eljero Elia and Ibrahim Affelay...I hope Elia gets a decent game time as he's capable of doing damage with his speed and trickery plus he's a brilliant crosser of the ball with either foot and Ibrahim Affelay is some one who has impressed me from the first game he played for PSV to last night's perfect cross for Robin Van Persie against Mexico...things look promising this year for the Oranje and I hope they rise to the occasion and for once put the TEAM interest first before personal glory. :D

Come On Holland.

Peace, Love & Unity.