Sign in to follow this  
WingA

FIFA World Cup 2010

There is something fundamentally wrong with the WC and FIFA.

I have a problem with the representation of continents. Europe currently fields out more than twice that of Africa. How can that be fair? That is not a level playing field.

1. 13 teams from Europe

2. 5 from Africa

3. 5 from Asia

4. few from Asia pacific

5. 5 from South America

And few others from NA.

How is that fair?

NGONGE   

Dhagax, yet the England manager will take a fit Rio over a fit King any time of the week. Kubbada baro, saaxib. King is a good defender but he's more in the Carragaher style than the Rio.

Ferdinand has better ball skills and awareness. He is not the 'assistant' in a defensive partnership, he is actually the brains.

Oz,

the bit I mentioned is more memorable than all the other world cup moments (less the obvious hand of god stuff).

I give up. I should have known that you and I won't see football from the same angle. You're a man who supports Liverpool so there is no surprise there.

Oz   

I am certain if Capello play Johnson and Lennon it will be englands downfall.

I was thinking, imagine if King & Woodgate had virtually injury free careers, imagine taking a fully fit Rio, Terry, King & Woodgate.. surely the best choice of CB's by some distance. But Rio & Terry would be the ideal first 11 along with king,woody on the bench.

Edit; DhagaxTuur, surely it isn't fair but patience, I know it will take time. Lol@ his a scouser afterall :D

NGONGE   

^^ Which Johnson? :D

Dhagax, dee don't get upset, saaxib. I'm talking sense here. Capello is not going to pick an injury prone king over his current captain and former captain (this tells you how much he values both). He's not going to pick a guy that only won the Carling Cup over league and CL winners.

N.O.R.F   

Oz, that would be Englands best line up. Milner might be on the right but he has been playing in the middle for Villa.

A Johnson is good but needs to play on the left for England. If he cant then its J Cole.

Ngonge, you're lucky to have watched those 2 great tournaments.

The refs have been spoiling them of late.

NGONGE   

^^ Milner? A Johnson? J Cole? War all these are subs. Fabio is going to play his A team.

James

Cole

Terry

Rio

Johnson

Lampard

Gerrard

Barry

Walcott or Lennon

Rooney

Crouch

Oz   

I agree with most of that thou I'd prefer M.Richards instead of G Johnson, throw in SWP instead of Walcott/Lennon.

Adam Johnson I meant in the above statement.

NGONGE   

^^ SWP blows hot and cold. He's only good as a sub.

M. Richards is a clumsy brute. :D (but you're right about G Johnson).

AS far as i am concerned,England is sucks as much as any African team..come.Probably the most over hyped team in the entire world. The English have not made it past the Qtr finals as long as i remember.

What they need to do is to figure out how to win Qtr final games vs A teams like Argentina,Germany,Brazil & Italia. If i were the coach,i will also focus on how to WIN penalties. 2006 & 1998 come to mind....

BOB   

Originally posted by Oz:

Bob, do tell your fovourable moments of world cup memories.

The first ever world cup I've watched from beginning to end was US 94 as I was in Kenya at that time and before that I did not even know anything else but Kismayo existed.

in US 94 the game I loved most was Holland V Brazil...remember Branco laser guided-like missile? Brazil V Sweden the semi final one. Nigeria V Italy. Argentina V Romania. Bulgaria V Germany....the best goal obviously goes to Said Al-Owairan...what a goal!

Over the years I've watched the classic games in the previous World Cups like in the 82 WC Argentina V Brazil. Italy V Brazil. Italy V Germany.

in Mexico 86 I watched...Brazil V France. France V Germany. Argentina V England. Argentina V Germany.

in Italia 90. Egypt V Holland (I'd recommend this match for any man and yes the score was 1-1 watch what Ahmad El Kass does to great Frank Rijkaard time and again) Brazil Vs Argentina. Italy Vs Aregntina. Cameroon V Colombia. Cameroon V England. Italy V England. Argentina V Yugoslavia.

in France 98 again for me the best match was Holland V Brazil. Argentina V England. France V Croatia.

in 2006 only two games stand out for me...France V Brazil (Zidane Show) and Italy V Germany...the most entertaining world cup game I've ever seen Italy play.

in 2010...A&T this one is for you....Bafana V Brazil in the quaters where Brazil will be beaten by whoelse? Algeria V England...whatever you do make sure you do not miss this one...trust me it's going to be a great match where England will be spanked and Rooney will be red carded...I guarantee you that and last but not least..the final itself...Bafana V Algeria. :D

Peace, Love & Unity.

Tuujiye   

^^ waayeel aan kuu qabay!

I don't think England is a solid team laakiin group fiican bee kusoo aadeen...

I think this italian coach will get them far by switching up players every game.. He playes the weekness of other teams and chooses the right player for every game more like our coach at chelsea you know who Carloooooooooos!!!lool...

James

JT

Johnson

A.Cole

Rio/King

Lampard

Gerrard

Barry

lennon or A.young

Roony

Zoma!

I really think that will be the starting 11

Laakiin after 2 weeks maku soo noqonkarnaa meeshaan???

Wareer Badanaa!!!

N.O.R.F   

I think the prelim squad is named next week.

Ng, Zamorra is a better alround player and team players than Crouch. Will get into the details later.

Tuujiye   

^^ Agree... NG Crouch dhererkiisa intuu arkay uu laacib u qabaa lool.. waraa World cup waaye meesha yaah not Liverpool!

Rooney and Zamorra waaye labada hore ama heskie maa la dhihi jiray.

Wareer Badanaa!!!

NGONGE   

^^ That's when you reveal yourself as a Johny-come-lately. :D

War Zamorra has been around for the past ten years and has done nothing remarkable in all that time. Suddenly he's got a bit of form and is lauded by the fickle football fans like you and Norf. Crouch on the other hand has been there and done it for England.

P.S

If you take Zamorra you take him as a replacement for Rooney not Crouch, you bunch of badows. Kubbada barta.