Sign in to follow this  
WingA

FIFA World Cup 2010

Abtigiis   

Oz, aad iyo aad ayaan kuu salaamayaa saxiib. And you can start celebrating because Wigan is not going to stop a focused Chelsea.

Oday Bob sidii oo caqligiisu lugaha ku jiro sidii lug looga qalayba wuu qafiifay! :D:D

Oz   

^ ^ Ok boss :D

WorldCup memory;

1986 Maradona.Say no more.

1990 - England Cameroon match was a classic. Cameroon being a quality side, and Italy's Schilachi coming out of obscurity to be the star of the tournament.

1994 - Bulgaria beating Germany in the quarter finals with Letchkov scoring with one of the best diving headers i have seen. I also remember Roberto Baggio's late goal to sink Nigeria and then his goals that got Italy through the quarter finals and semi finals. The brilliant Romanians, and Brazil vs Netherlands quarterfinal where the Dutch came from 2 goals down only to lose 3-2.

1998 - The build up to the final with all the hype over whether Ronaldo would play after having had a fit just hours before the game.He did play but was no where near match fit. Also Owen's wondergoal against Argentina.

2002 Ronaldinho's goal v England that he floated into the far post and Seaman misjudged it.

2006 - dull World Cup. Apart from the Socceroos being there, there was nothing good about this tournament for me. Boring games,I really hope 2010 is better than the last three.

N.O.R.F   

That’s for like it Oz. Lets reminisce on some of those great games/characters of the past.

I have to admit that for me the last 2 world cups are a blur. I remember the 90s tournaments more than I do the 00s ones.

1990 – My first world cup and what a way to start by watching Cameroon beat Maradona’s Argentina. Roger Milla’s goals, the great stadiums, Roberto Baggio bursting onto the scene, Carlos Valdorama’s hair and of course England MY England.

1994 – Routed for Brazil and rightly predicted the final would be between them and Italy. Great world cup and for me the following ones have not been as good. Remember the Romania vs Argentina game? Hagi the little magician and all the other Raduchoyu, Putrescu et al.

1998 – Not bad. Dennis Bergkamp’s goal was class. Didn’t really watch much of France (they were boring and nervous). The final was a joke and Brazil just didn’t turn up.

2002 – a blur. Who won again?

2006 – Missed some games including the France vs Brazil game. I was gutted. Missed the first half of the final as well. The evening games kicked off at 8pm I think and the final kicks off at 7pm! Silly.

2010 - Rooney??? Messi??? Kaka??? Torres??? Henry?? Drogba??? Van P??? Essien??? Klose??? Ronaldo???

Tuujiye   

and hopefuly Ronaldinho no? lool waraa Ronaldo waa qashin nin yahoo..I don't like the guy iyo bajaq bajaqnimadiisa! Henry is old, and klose's time is over....

I want to see new players this year yaaqee! qof cusub oo soo nuura ayaa loo baahan yahay!!!

Wareer Badanaa!!!

BOB   

Originally posted by Abtigiis & Tusbax:

Bob,

Waagii dhawyd aniga waxaa la ii sheegay in lug lagaa qabtaye, in madaxa lagaa qabtay la iima sheegin.
:D:D

:D:D:D ...Horta ninyahow nin xun baad tahay oo aan tol iyo qaraabana galin...over a month baan sariir dul jiifay oo xittaa Salama Caleykum waad isoo dhihi weyday. :mad:

Amateur football awoowgaa la gub...shoow illeyn knee ligament wax ka xanuun badan ma jiro. :D

PS. OZ ;)

Peace, Love & Unity.

BOB   

For me Holland V Brazil always produce a classic World Cup games.

it has everything technique, flair, skill, passion and most of all GOALS after all we're talking about Total Football V Samba Style...the two most entertaining school of thoughts.

Peace, Love & Unity.

Oz   

Oh and I almost forgot 2006: Beckham's freekick vs Equador to send england through to the quarter finals. Rooney getting sent off vs Portugal. :D:D

Bob,AT&T,NG, and the others do tell your fovourable moments of world cup memories.

Norf, Most likely England's line up would be..

Hart

G.Johnson Terry Ferdinand/ledleyking A.Cole

Milner Lampard Carrick J.Cole

Gerrard

Rooney

N.O.R.F   

^I would prefer

James

G Johnson

Terry

Rio

Cole

Lennon

Lampard

Gerrard

A Johnson

Zamorra

Rooney

ps you saw the 86 world cup? Show oday baad tahay :D

I would replace Rio with King. Drain the knees after every game and get him ready for the next game. He would probably do better than Rio.

A Johnson who? When did he last play? You mad?

Oz   

Nah I never was their, I had watch them on tapes. I was told it was a facinating world cup that made me hire the tapes.

EDIT: Norf you can't be serious, Lennon for Milner? I could replace Joe Cole for zamora although Joe Cole has more experience than the inform striker.

NGONGE   

King, Zamora and Lennon will not get anywhere near the first team unless there is an injury.

King is nowhere near the player that Rio is. Just because he had a couple of decent games for Spurs does not suddenly make him world class. War kubbada barta.

My first world cup was 82 (and it was the best of the lot). The Germans playing a rubbish game to qualify at the expense of Algeria. The Kuwaiti sheikh walking into the pitch to tell the referee off. Maradona being kicked black and blue by everyone and the classic Rossi mugging of Brazil. The 86 world cup came close but nothing could ever compare to 1982 for drama and great football.

Kubada bartuu ku leeyahay when all the pros are praising King. Now, I dont claim to know anything about the game, ok few things here and there, but the very first time I saw him play made me like his style. More than anything I admire his positioning and reading of the game, not to mention being very effective. Whereas Rio can only be an assistant to the main man like he is for Utd. Had King been fit, Rio wouldn't stand a chance. Listen to the England coach, man. Man is praying King to be passed fit to take him to SA.

Oz   

NG is that all you remember about you world cup fever moment? Whoa.... 82 you were watching the world cup?

Latest football rankings.

1. Brazil

2. Spain

3. Portugal

4. Netherlands

5. Italy

6. Germany

7. Argentina

8. England

9. Croatia

10. France

How Portugal continues to rise baffles me...struggled throughout qualification, made it in a play-off, and are somehow ranked #3?

These really don't mean anything but still, it's annoying to see how overrated some teams are.

Lol @ Croatia being 9th and not in the WC, I'd be furious if I was a Croatian.

Still no African team cracked thetop ten. I wonder!