Sign in to follow this  
Mooge

The newest trend - xaliimos marrying chinese

Oiler;982318 wrote:
This debate is not going anywhere, people lie about the religion all the time, and introduce innovations. Remember God causes whomsoever He wills to stray in error, and sets whomsoever He wills on the straight way.

+1

I'm not looking for debate. Just shining light amongst the individuals within us claiming to be Muslim, like the likes of Irshad Manji and her "crusaders of reform".

Safferz   

Hawdian;982316 wrote:
Taas inn la cadeeyo weeyan wayo qoofka maarku yidhaaho waxas baa diinta Allah SWT ka badalaya waa marku waada qalad kuu socodoo.

Maybe if you spent more time reading and thinking about Islam's rich intellectual history and browsed various fiqh rulings, you'd know anything I've said in this thread - that some issues are not black and white, and Islamic scholars debate these questions - pales in comparison to you and Classified's takfir, which is explicitly haram.

Safferz;982320 wrote:
Maybe if you spent more time reading and thinking about Islam's rich intellectual history and browsed various fiqh rulings, you'd know anything I've said in this thread - that some issues are not black and white, and Islamic scholars debate these questions - pales in comparison to you and Classified's takfir, which is explicitly haram.

I didn't make any takfir. Just asked a question regarding your authenticity in claiming to be a Muslim; "Is it safe to say that Safferz is not a Muslim?".

Safferz   

Classified;982321 wrote:
I didn't make any takfir. Just asked a question regarding your authenticity in claiming to be a Muslim; "Is it safe to say that Safferz is not a Muslim?".

lol sometimes I'm not sure if you're being dense on purpose. What's the difference between calling someone gaalo and questioning their "authenticity in claiming to be a Muslim"?

Hawdian   

Quote Originally Posted by Safferz View Post

Like I said, there's no scholarly consensus so some may say it goes both ways, others say it does not. Hassan Al-Turabi is a well known Sudanese sheikh and political figure.

Hawdian;982306 wrote:
Could You list the Scholars you Follow Expect Mr.Turabi Since Its clear in Main Stream Sunni islam that A Muslim women Can Not marry A NonMuslim. Man.

thanks.

I am still Waiting for The Answer to Above Question.

Nor Am I making Judgement on YOU or anyone .

Safferz;982329 wrote:
I don't "follow" anyone and I don't owe you a response, Hawdian. Go back to your boys' club.

By "follow", he meant the scholars that you accept. And, by "accept", he meant their teachings. By "teachings", he meant their approach to Islamic jurisprudence which should be in line with mainstream Islam. So, who are they? :D

Wadani   

Safferz;982302 wrote:
Just like the Xalimo and Chinese guy are both Americans, or whatever. What's your point? Zaid was a black slave in Mecca.

That's not right. He was a slave, but not black. He was an ethnic Arab.

Hawdian   

Safferz;982329 wrote:
I don't "follow" anyone and I don't owe you a response, Hawdian. Go back to your boys' club.

I See Well Maybe You could Answer Classified Who has Rephrased My Question and I will go back to my So-called "Boy's Club".

Safferz   

Wadani;982334 wrote:
That's not right. He was a slave, but not black. He was an ethnic Arab.

Yeah, it is. Being born into an Arab society and to Arab lineage doesn't mean you don't have black skin.

Wadani   

Safferz;982338 wrote:
Yeah, it is. Being born into an Arab society and to Arab lineage doesn't mean you don't have black skin.

Ur smarter than this Saffz. U know the issue is race/ethnicity and not skin complexion. It's well known that Zaid was an Arab of the Kalb tribe from Najd. So his marriage to a fellow Arab is no different than a dark skinned Faarax marrying a light skinned Xaliimo, and thus cannot be used as an example of an inter-racial/ethnic marriage.

Safferz   

lol, what's well known is that Zaid ibn Harithah was black. Why are you so invested in denying this? Bilal ibn Rabah's father was Arab, which also gives him an Arab tribe and lineage, yet that doesn't take away from his blackness. So pointing out that Zaid was born to banu Kalb doesn't signify anything about his race.

Khayr   

Oiler;982308 wrote:
The 2nd question has been answered:

She's entitled to her opinions.

There is no absolute right of entitlement to opinions. You can't tweet every ignoramus idea e.g. gay and muslim is ok?

Wadani   

Safferz;982347 wrote:
So pointing out that Zaid was born to banu Kalb doesn't signify anything about his race.

Exactly...so why did u use his marriage as an example of an inter-racial marriage? It just doesn't make sense.

Safferz   

Wadani;982354 wrote:
Exactly...so why did u use his marriage as an example of an inter-racial marriage? It just doesn't make sense.

I used it as an example because he was black, and the Prophet encouraged marriage between him and his cousin Zaynab. Her family's opposition to the marriage is why those verses in Al-Ahzab were revealed, and why he's the only Sahaba mentioned by name in the Quran.

Anyway, I feel like I'm repeating myself a lot and I'm tired of this thread, so I'm gonna call it a night.