Sign in to follow this  
Mooge

The newest trend - xaliimos marrying chinese

Safferz;982295 wrote:
Like I said, there's no scholarly consensus so some may say it goes both ways, others say it does not.
is a well known Sudanese sheikh and political figure.

Who are these "Some" that "say it goes both ways" and who are these "Others" that "say it does not"? :? Don't just throw empty rhetoric, provide substantial evidence to your claims. I'm thirsty for more knowledge. Educate me, bal. :D

Wadani   

Safferz;982262 wrote:
^^ you don't inherit religion from anyone and certainly not your father, in fact that's one aspect of traditional Arab religion that Islam clearly forbids. Don't try and invent religious justification for ethnocentrism and bigotry, Prophet Muhammad himself was married to women of different ethnic backgrounds (ie. a Jewish woman, an Egyptian Copt) and even encouraged interracial marriages (ie. he asked his cousin Zaynab to marry Zaid ibn Haritha).

Both Zaid and Zaynab were arabs.

Oiler   

Classified;982294 wrote:
Did she just referred to a Sudanese politician as an Isamic scholar? *scratching his head*

He also said "drinking alcohol is not a crime unless it turned into a hostile act" & " women can lead at the front in prayers" among other bizarre things, go figure.

Safferz   

Wadani;982300 wrote:
Both Zaid and Zaynab were arabs.

Just like the Xalimo and Chinese guy are both Americans, or whatever. What's your point? Zaid was a black slave in Mecca.

Classified;982296 wrote:
Who are these "Some" that "say it goes both ways" and who are these "Others" that "say it does not"? :? Don't just throw empty rhetoric, provide substantial evidence to your claims. I'm thirsty for more knowledge. Educate me, bal.
:D

Khaled Abou El Fadl's books "And Allah Knows the Soldiers: The Authoritative and Authoritarian in Islamic Discourses" and "Speaking in God's Name: Islamic Law, Authority, and Women" is a good start.

Safferz;982302 wrote:
Just like the Xalimo and Chinese guy are both Americans, or whatever. What's your point? Zaid was a black slave in Mecca.

Khaled Abou El Fadl's books "And Allah Knows the Soldiers: The Authoritative and Authoritarian in Islamic Discourses" and "Speaking in God's Name: Islamic Law, Authority, and Women" is a good start.

Who's Khaled Abou El Fadl? :confused:

What do you think about what Oiler said? Is it true? If yes, do you agree with it?

Safferz   

Classified;982303 wrote:
Who's Khaled Abou El Fadl? :confused:

What do you think about what Oiler said? Is it true? If yes, do you agree with it?

Why do you ask me things you can Google?

Bear in mind that Al-Turabi is a political leader who is concerned with Sudan's legal system, that he believes consuming alcohol is not something that should be in the purview of the state (especially one like Sudan, which has Christians too) is not a big deal. Very few countries prohibit alcohol. And the

than the question of interfaith marriage, but you can do your own research on that and I'm not interested in getting into that discussion in this thread.

Hawdian   

Safferz;982295 wrote:
Like I said, there's no scholarly consensus so some may say it goes both ways, others say it does not.
is a well known Sudanese sheikh and political figure.

Could You list the Scholars you Follow Expect Mr.Turabi Since Its clear in Main Stream Sunni islam that A women Can Not marry A NonMuslim.

thanks.

One last question Safferz, what do you think of Irshad Manji? Also, is it okay in Islam (be it religiously or in Islamic Shariah) to be a homosexual/lesbian? Have in mind that Irshad Manji advocates for a total reform/overhaul in Islam/Quran, so to speak.

Oiler   

Classified;982307 wrote:
One last question Safferz, what do you think of Irshad Manji? Also, is it okay in
Islam
(be it religiously or in Islamic Shariah) to be a homosexual/lesbian? Have in mind that Irshad Manji advocates for a total reform/overhaul in Islam/Quran, so to speak.

The 2nd question has been answered:

Safferz;978380 wrote:
I identify with the far left, and I support same sex marriage as a civil right, though I think there are more important issues for LGBTQ people.

She's entitled to her opinions.

Safferz   

^^ lol!

Oiler;982308 wrote:
The 2nd question has been answered:

She's entitled to her opinions.

Well no, not quite, unless you conflate civil law with religious law. Classified also conflates behaviour (what Islam and religions in general try to regulate) with feelings, desires, thoughts, etc. He seems the type to tell a gay Muslim not to bother praying, because "you can't be gay and Muslim," but wouldn't say that to his friend with a girlfriend, or a Muslim who drinks and parties.

And I can't stand Irshad Manji.

Hawdian   

Classified;982309 wrote:
^ WTF! *Jaw dropped*

So, is it safe to say that
Safferz
is not a Muslim?

Taas inn la cadeeyo weeyan wayo qoofka maarku yidhaaho waxas baa diinta Allah SWT ka badalaya waa marku waada qalad kuu socodoo.

Safferz;982312 wrote:
^^ lol!

Well no, not quite, unless you conflate civil law with religious law. Classified also conflates behaviour (what Islam and religions in general try to regulate) with feelings, desires, thoughts, etc. He seems the type to tell
a gay Muslim
not to bother praying, because "you can't be gay and Muslim," but wouldn't say that to his friend with a girlfriend, or a Muslim who drinks and parties.

And I can't stand Irshad Manji.

A gay muslim? lol

Oiler   

This debate is not going anywhere, people lie about the religion all the time, and introduce innovations. Remember God causes whomsoever He wills to stray in error, and sets whomsoever He wills on the straight way.