Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

The End of Xiinfaniin's Peace Caravan

Baashi   

It is true that the peace caravans is in distress, limping on and slow in covering a respectable distance in a reasonable time. Your write-up makes sense when read from that perspective.

But remember peace party is no match against Kelligii Muslims, Jirri and ********. Couple these characters with the harshness and unforgiving nature of the terrain the caravan must travel through – Ganaane marshlands, Boholaha Xargaga mountain range and Wardhiigley ghetto.

And I think I know why Xiin is disappointed with President Hassan. But remember folks Hassan just like Siilaanyo and Faroole has a clan base. He needs their political support to stay in the game. And his base found extremely difficult to watch Puntland and Jubbaland emerge from the long and bloody Somali civil war as the cornerstone of new and reconfigured Somalia.

Hassan is asked to preside this new reality where political power is devolved into two tier power arrangement under Federal Somalia. Under this new configuration, huge swaths of Somalia will be under control of the opposition clan. If you recall Faroole’s next move is to question Benadir’s status as the capital of Federal Somalia!

Just as Oodweyne and other biased secessionists out there, the clan activists in Benadir who paid precious blood and treasure for the singular reason that they want to alter Somalia’s political power scale, are at loss in how things are shaping up.

If the current course is left unchecked or unimpeded all the blood spilled and properties destroyed in order to defeat a large segment of the population would be in vain. To them, Somali civil war and all the destruction it had brought was necessary price to get rid of the clan dictatorship that dominated the political discourse of the nation before and after independence.

There is a reason why Oodweyne is living in parallel universe where the conflict has already been settled and one party has emerged victorious and is now calling the shots in the South. Oodweyne’s hallucination is a text book example of folks who exhibit schizophrenia over a desired outcome.

Awoowe the peace caravan is on the move. If Hassan failed to promote unbiased settlement between contestants the activists driving the peace caravan will be extremely disappointed but they will keep moving slowly but steadily. Slow and steady at the end wins the race a la sidii diinkii iyo bakeylihii tartamay berri.

As to the principles of Somalinimo and the exalted political dream of Somaliweyn yes they are discredited as it’s hard to find adherents to its dictates. But make no mistake Somalinimo and Somaliweyn are tenfold better than sad state of negative tribalism.

Anyone who wants to see Somalia that is strong and united will have to enlighten the masses the true meaning of Somaliweyn. The horn of Africa is a tough neighborhood and if elites of Ethiopia and Kenya manage to keep their ethnic collections under one state surely there must be a way to reconcile Somalis and persuade them to put their faith in social contract that draws lessons from all that went wrong.

The peace caravan’s mission is to remind folks that there is third way and things can be settled on a dirrin and that Somaliweyn is a national security imperative for Somali people in the region.

As Aesop’s fables will have it “United you will be more than a match for your enemies. But if you quarrel and separate, your weakness will put you at the mercy of those who attack you”.

Inna Kaadi-Najaasle supporting the Peace Caravan as the better alternative of the clan partisanship masquerading as real politick.

Baashi   

Forgiven eh Oh! Thank you then that's very nice of you.

Awoowe don't be touchy. I am not good at mud-slinging. I just don't do that. That said awoowe you should consider the Chinese proverb that says "The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right name" instead of this Goodwin Law crab. A bit of Orientalism is good and refreshing. Try it awoowe.

I don't know how to describe of someone who makes a call of a contest that's still underway. In pursuant to the Chinese exhortation to call things by their right name I ask you what would you have called of someone who mistakes his deep and unfulfilled desires and the outcome he likes to see in a contest still underway with what is actually happening...

Nah! Don't bother.

I disagreed with Xiin as he seemed to throw the buste and resigned to the pessimistic view that all is lost. If I read his post correctly he seems to be saying that because of Hassan’s leadership, prospect of bringing this conflict to a close is not possible.

This conflict was here before Hassan become president and it may remain unresolved long after he leaves. A lot of folks thought Hassan came in at opportune time and he is different from the ones who came before him but no one expected him to be the savior that ends the conflict.

That being the case, it is NOT a naivety to support the only way forward. And the only way forward happen to be convening full reconciliation for all concerned at the dirrin. The peace caravan led the way and Xiin was their loudest supporter. I am making the case that he stay put and keep the faith in the face of defeat and disappointment.

LANDER   

In 2006 and 2007 in the face of an ethiopian invasion and the loss of thousands of somali lives, the so-called 'peace caravan' was in full swing according to the starter of this thread and others in this forum. In Somalia's darkest hour (No Ethiopian army had ever in history invaded a somali capital) these same folks would have us believe that the only way forward for somali 'unity' was for all somalis to 'join' the best hope for a settled peace agreement which according to them was represented by that 'dove' and great uniter of people named Abdulahi Yusuf. A rational human being would ask if these people are insane, but hey that's all in the past. Fast forward a few years and the biggest threat to peace is no longer an ethiopian invasion but a terrorist group. That group is on the run and almost completely whipped out, the capital has returned to some form of peace for the first time since the short lived period of the ICU and unparalleled growth in local business and real estate development has begun. Logically speaking, this might actually present a great opportunity for uniting people and spreading peace and some form of central governance. But, the 'peace-caravaners' no better so hold that thought, you see they don't like the man in charge at the moment and no matter what the situation on the ground, only 'peace-caravaners' decide when and where the country should unite. You should all hide your faces in shame and despair for Somalia, the 'peace-caravan' has been destroyed, all is lost.

Baashi   

Oodweyne,

That's it...improve your Mandarin and Cantonese :)

Huh! Mogadishu folks think the game is over and international community is on their side! Is that all you got buddy? You just made my point – unknowingly of course. Awoowe there are realities on the ground. Consider it in your argument when making one. Aight :)

Also Mogadishu our beloved capital city is in need of massive foreign troops. Factor that in your argument – it gives flavor when you keep it real. Furthermore, Hassan admin is toothless and its reach is limited to some parts of the city. That should be weighed against your empty and hollow calls of imminent defeat. Waryee sidii inna rag u kalaam. Golluhu waa gole rujaal waxaana fadhiya rag garta yaqaan

Lander,

That’s gibberish nonsense. Read it before you post your cantarabaqash. So you spare silent majority who read this boards the headache.

The peace caravan has always called for peaceful resolution to Somali conflict irrespective of who was in power or what foreign troop shored up what transitional entity.

The case was made and that case is still strong. Absent of decisive victory by one clan or a coalition of clans or entity over all other clans, Somalia will remain in this sad state. The only way to settle this is to have the contestants sit down and come up some sort of understanding, power-sharing scheme that satisfy all the involved parties. If you disagree with this view, go ahead and make a coherent argument against that call.

I would be first to admit that to call a grand reconciliation is easy but to execute it to the satisfaction of all sides and then to keep them focused on the ball and have them actually make progress is extremely hard. But then again you are not that bright or capable to pen a reasonable and coherent argument!

Oodweyne and Lander,

Do not begrudge our friends from opening a cyber outpost of the famous 'Cafe Calaacal' right here on SOL ;)

Interestingly, many political actors from that neck of the woods have given up the 'dream' of the Mogadishu seat and opted for the 'less lofty' goal of challenging Faroole for the provincial seat. This is an indicator of the disappointed hopes of many a national aspirant.

I, however, unlike you, Oodweyne, remain a Faroole fan for his responsible stewardship of Puntland.... a stewardship that recognizes the natural limits of the regional administration! Faroole and sons have returned Puntland to its traditional 'sultanate' leadership over the larger sub-clan. No need for political parties when you've got the wise leadership of Faroole and sons... No need for one person-one vote when you've got the enlightened guidance of Faroole and sons...

Faroole and sons for another term!

Baashi;983349 wrote:

Just as Oodweyne and other biased secessionists out there, the clan activists in Benadir who paid precious blood and treasure for the singular reason that they want to alter Somalia’s political power scale, are at loss in how things are shaping up.

If the current course is left unchecked or unimpeded all the blood spilled and properties destroyed in order to defeat a large segment of the population would be in vain. To them, Somali civil war and all the destruction it had brought was necessary price to get rid of the clan dictatorship that dominated the political discourse of the nation before and after independence.

There is a reason why Oodweyne is living in parallel universe where the conflict has already been settled and one party has emerged victorious and is now calling the shots in the South. Oodweyne’s
hallucination
is a text book e
xample of folks who exhibit schizophrenia over a desired outcome

Well said Baashi.

Our brothers in the north are giving the game away by coming out so strongly against Faroole, Puntland, and Jubbaland. Even Xiinfaniin posts frustrates them.

I will come back to the Lander's, and Macno Yare's 'cantrabaqash' insha Allaah when the time permits.

^^OOdweyne :D

Baashi said two things:

1. No side has won the civil war

2. Reconciliation however slow remains to be the only alternative to achieve peace in Somalia

You and the other SNM goons said:

1. The civil war has been won by one side

2. No reconciliation is needed for there is no conflict

When Baashi read your ridiculous assertion, he concluded that you have gone mad :D

I could not but agree with him on this ...

Oodweyne;983521 wrote:
^^^Xiinfaniin,..
:D
:D

My argument:-

1- Regardless of whether Baashi believes that there is no one who had won the civil-war in Somalia; t
he "elites-of-Mugadishu" believes that they have won - decisively- the civil-war. And to ice the cake,
they have convinced the IC to "accept" that verdict,
if the IC wants Somalia to be at peace with itself and "terrorists-free-state".

his is exactly the argument the Shia-of-Iraq made to the West; namely "accept" us to be the "real victors" of the Iraqi's civil-war and work with us on that basis; and then Iraq will be your friend and we will not be harbouring any terrorists ahgainst you in our country.

Any evidence that the International Community (and Neighboring Countries) have been convinced that the civil war in Somalia has been won by one side ?

It appears to me just like it did to Baashi this is an outcome you and your SNM folks have had wished to come about, and not something that can be supported by the reality on the ground. Surely the international community acts like it is a managing a deeply broken country with desperate political stakeholders with divergent objectives. So go ahead and back your argument with some evidence ya Oodweyne. If not accept the charge that you are so clannish, and a disappointment one at that, to the core that cannot manage to see facts as they are.

^^Waryaa give me credit for I posted John Kerry's thinking about Somalia's reality and what he publicly tells Hassan Sheekh to do. Perhaps you did not want to address the content of that Youtube :D :D

Oodweyne,

Let me outline what's happening here. You had a poster start a thread by 'throwing in the towel' on his community's dreams of a Mogadishu seat. With that willing submission, this individual took his seat dutifully at 'Cafe Calaacal'.

Many members commented on the thread, agreeing with the dire prognosis of the situation. The problem started when some members of 'another particular community' commented on the entry into 'Cafe Calaacal'. At that point, another member of the original poster's community scolded him 'to never be seen publicly waving the white flag' even when you are pummeled to the ground. With the alarm raised, the original poster quickly reversed himself and went back to his usual denial of present realities.

Entiendes, hombre?

Baashi   

Mintid,

Cafe Calaacal has healing properties:) I guess that's why you have acquired taste for the qaxwe served in these joints :) Awoowe the lions are neither down nor out yet. They are pretty much in the ring

Oodweyne,

As much as I like pushing your hot buttons I am gonna give it a rest this time as I am tired of us talking past each other. I decided to post for the benefit of the silent readers so they are at least in a position to see both sides of the coin and in the process learn what makes folks tick.

Xiin,

I’ve been scratching my head and I was like what the hell makes Oodweyne and et al go over the cliff with this incessant and over-the-top deep desire in imagining the demise of the opposing clans. Sure, I have my share of hurling stones over the fences and actually enjoyed talking clan politics over cup of earl grey tea with friends of opposing clans. But never felt strongly or believed seriously about any of the clannish crab folks spew here or at the café. I’ve been wondering about how determined and serious some folks are about the clan issue. It is not he suddenly changed his color but I guess I am out of the loop and when I come visit here it hits me a fresh.

Mintid, LANDER and Oodweyne are quintessential hardcore clan secessionist. They somehow convinced themselves that their clan nemesis had lost the war and has all but been reduced to the margins of Somali clan hierarchy. Awoowe these folks and others who share that view are absolutely convinced of this “truth” so much so that even in the face of twenty odd years of stalemate with no end in sight does not make them hesitate a bit. Go figure!

Oodweyne pretenses and delusional grandiose he peddles in this forum is the stuff Hollywood make-believe is made of! When he gets excited and it doesn’t take much to get him going he goes to a lala land where secessionist enclave up north is a sovereign and the other recovery area in the same locality with similar rudimentary capabilities is a pirate-invested village content with its historical Sultanate status. This is the same nomad who informed the SOL gallery that Senegal has decided to recognize Somaliland and its president will issue official statement upon the arrival of Riyale – this was circa 2005-7:) Of course – it was a case of mixing what one likes to see with what actually is happening! In medical journals the condition has a name 

As Mintid often claims he passes himself of as an insider privy to top secret information and when he sensed folks in the forum have their doubts about his claims, he decided to make some of that inside information available to the forum. It was the charcoal issue discussed in the UN in the context of desertification of the region. As it turned out it was nothing of the sort and had nothing to do with imminent failure of the outing of the nascent JL state. It was the charcoal issue discussed in the UN in the context of desertification of the region. Nevertheless he tried to spin it out of proportion.

I don’t know if the rest of the forum sympathizes with our friends’ delusional outbursts! Consider these points -- Much hoped and hyped SL recognition never came. The inter-clan jockeying of Habraha never went away. D block residents who supposed to be partners with the Habraha never completely bought off the SL project in unison. Mogadishu never attained the much desired outcome Oodweyne in his heart of hearts would like them to achieve and actually “finish off” the remnants of the former regime at once. The reality gets on their way every time and I must admit -- it is a pretty frustrating thing to be in their position.

There must be some explanation of what compels our secessionist friends to go out their way and construct a parallel reality where they give events that are yet to occur [i.e. marginalization and disenfranchisement of large segment of Somali population] additional significance.

Consider the fact that the tragedy that has befallen to the Somali race has only achieved one and only one thing: it destroyed Somali state, humiliated its proud and resilient citizens and made its territory a proxy playground where Somali neighbors train their soldiers and collect western handouts in the name of fighting homegrown terrorism. The fact that a Somali citizen would see such an outcome as being the desired outcome as long as some folks actually lose the sway they once have over others is very telling!!

Wait – add this to what I outlined above in order to understand the amplitude of Oodweyne’s frustrations. The current system of government that gives legitimacy to Hassan’s government owes its origins and implementation to the very folks Oodweyne et al would like to think of as being the ones relegated to the dust bin of history. That must be a helluva frustrating state to be.

The founding of Puntland injected a lethal dose of skepticism to the Ethiopian’s and other sympathetic powers’ thinking of how to deal with two recovery areas with relative peace and rudimentary administration but have overlapping borders. Chew that! Put yourself in Oodweyne’s shoes! A clan warrior, full of grievances thinking finally that tables are turned to his clan’s favor and things will go according to the clan’s plans!

Today – after twenty odd years -- Oodweyne pens a lengthy and not-so-insightful analysis on the state of D block’s demise. Yeah! As far as he is concerned they were finished off years ago but still he predicts yet another imminent vanquishing!

The newsmakers? ahem -- yes D-block groupings on Kenyan tanks on one side and FG financed and supported warlord on the other side pushing each other to lay claim of one of the most priced region in whole Somalia. The topic? Federalism – an idea championed by one of the defeated clan as voices Oodweyne is hearing would have him to believe. Where does IC stand on the issue? That I do not know but it is entirely possible that Federal Government is prepared to swallow its pride and accept JL as principal federal state.

It is sad to see Somalia gone to the wolves. What’s even sadder is to see clannish secessionists reducing this tragedy to which clan lost the contest and which one won the spoils.

Baashi;983568 wrote:
As Mintid often claims he passes himself of as an insider privy to top secret information and when he sensed folks in the forum have their doubts about his claims, he decided to make some of that inside information available to the forum. It was the charcoal issue
discussed in the UN in the context of desertification of the region
. As it turned out it was nothing of the sort and had nothing to do with imminent failure of the outing of the nascent JL state. It was the charcoal issue
discussed in the UN in the context of desertification of the region
. Nevertheless he tried to spin it out of proportion

Speaking of parallel universes, it was because of desertification(according to our friends above) that Somali charcoal was banned by the Security Council, as well as the U.S. government.

Here's an excerpt from Reuters:

'The Security Council banned the export of charcoal from Somalia in February 2012 to cut off one of the main sources of income for al Shabaab, which has been fighting for control of Somalia for years and enforces a strict version of sharia law in the areas it occupies.'

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/07/14/us-somalia-charcoal-un-idUSBRE96D01A20130714

Meanwhile, the U.S. government piled on with this:

'President Barack Obama has targeted the export of charcoal from war-torn Somalia, the sales of which help finance an al Qaeda-affiliated group, the State Department said Friday.'

http://security.blogs.cnn.com/2012/07/20/obama-moves-on-charcoal-ban-from-somalia/

But good old Baashe would have us believe it's because of environmental concern that the world has become so concerned with Somalia's charcoal industry.

I wonder who's spinning, or maybe smoking what ;)

P.S. It's interesting to see some still nursing the 'wounds' from the forgotten (till now) charcoal debate. Stiffen that spine, gentlemen, ..... Tomorrow is a brand new day ;)

Baashi   

Mintid Farayar;983570 wrote:
Speaking of parallel universes, it was because of desertification(according to our friends above) that Somali charcoal was banned by the Security Council, as well as the U.S. government.

Here's an excerpt from Reuters:

'The Security Council banned the export of charcoal from Somalia in February 2012 to cut off one of the main sources of income for al Shabaab, which has been fighting for control of Somalia for years and enforces a strict version of sharia law in the areas it occupies.'

Meanwhile, the U.S. government piled on with this:

'President Barack Obama has targeted the export of charcoal from war-torn Somalia, the sales of which help finance an al Qaeda-affiliated group, the State Department said Friday.'

But good old Baashe would have us believe it's because of
environmental concern
that the world has become so concerned with Somalia's charcoal industry.

I wonder who's spinning, or maybe
smoking what
;)

P.S. It's interesting to see some still nursing the 'wounds' from the forgotten (till now) charcoal debate.
Stiffen that spine, gentlemen
, .....
Tomorrow is a brand new day
;)

^ :)

Charcoal might not banned due to decertification but it has nothing to do with the emergence of JL. You are not out of the woods yet bud :) That said, I relied on recollection there.