Sign in to follow this  
Haatu

Whilst the rest of Somalis bicker, Garissa slowly develops

STOIC   

^ I had similar incident. I was sitting right next to the bus driver (shout out to Sabrin express crew who treated me well) . The Somali soldier who was asking passports and id's was a mean MF. I had to flush my US passport and they scrutinize it and gazed with suspicion.But my street demeanor scared them haha..I was ready to curse them out when they gave hell to an elderly Somali who forgot to get the Chief signature on his lost ID replacement form . I had on baseball cap low and you could tell I was an outsider. The funny part is when I sat next to a drunk Kenyan and he started asking me questions about Somalia and America. He got confused when I started speaking to him in flawless Swahili..We are global like that...

Haatu   

Oday, well that bridge is a "border" in a sense anyway. The border to "Down Kenya" that is. What's even worse is beyond Gsa they have check points at every little village asking for bribes. I wonder how the bus companies stay profitable.

Haatu   

SomaliPhilosopher;981332 wrote:
Do you consider yourself 'Kenyan'?

War I'm Muslim first then Somali. Kenya just happens to be where I was born and Kenyan my nationality. Kenya was an entity created by the British so every one of the 43 or so ethnicities that live there have an equal claim to it, including the Somalis.

Haatu;981335 wrote:
War I'm Muslim first then Somali. Kenya just happens to be where I was born and Kenyan my nationality. Kenya was an entity created by the British so every one of the 43 or so ethnicities that live there have an equal claim to it, including the Somalis.

Where does the 'British' identity fit into your picture, if it applicable?

p.s. take a stroll down to troll island i have more questions awaiting you

nuune   

^^ Philasafoor, Haatu is not fit and is not the right person to get information about NFD or Garissa, his knowledge of this region is zero, apart from suuqa xoolaha Garissa where he brings some cows from Moodhikaareey(just outside Garissa).

Haatu just felt in love with Garissa since his buddy got a seat in Garissa, his obsession of Garissa will fade away once the guy is replaced with mid tima bulbul leh.

Haatu, abti, dadka NFD waa wada hal uloo qura ee jooji qabyaalada aad wado niyahow anaa kaa naxayee, even Apophis wuu kaa yaabey, inaar

Faafan   

Governor Nadiif has prior links to many Muslim countries and a pioneer of shariah banking in Kenya, he is fit to lead Garissa out of the suffocating corruption and bring many development projects to the region, already some development is trickling and hes cleaning up the bureaucracy. Not bad so far.

Haatu   

nuune;981358 wrote:
^^ Philasafoor,
Haatu
is not fit and is not the right person to get information about NFD or Garissa, his knowledge of this region is zero, apart from suuqa xoolaha Garissa where he brings some cows from Moodhikaareey(just outside Garissa).

Haatu just felt in love with Garissa since his buddy got a seat in Garissa, his obsession of Garissa will fade away once the guy is replaced with mid tima bulbul leh.

Haatu, abti, dadka NFD waa wada hal uloo qura ee jooji qabyaalada aad wado niyahow anaa kaa naxayee, eve
n Apophis
wuu kaa yaabey, inaar

lol @tima bulbul leh. Ka masoo socda, kana ebidkii caynaanka haayni ee dhibka jooji :D

Apophis;981390 wrote:
Spot on. He even know very little about his beloved suuqa xoolaha. I didn't comment but his estimation of Garissa property prices made me quietly chuckle. The "kid", as said here, is
krutu
(sp?).

Oh really? Those prices are the ones I saw being paid first hand so iska aamus sxb (although I hear the market is down nowadays).

The governor plans to do much more, and with his team I believe he will greatly improve the county but crippling bureaucracy which blunts development is ubiquitous in this country.

Last Eid, the Governor promised a playground for children so they will not go across the bridge to seek entertainment etc, I saw yesterday they were about to finish it the new playground ( a first for the region). It'll be ready by tomorrow I believe.

Well why don't you take some pictures maraxyahow?

Tallaabo   

Garissa had a beautiful soil. If underground water is found like in that other part of Kenya then a lot of things could grow there.