Sign in to follow this  
Tallaabo

Mogadishu wants to take control of Puntland's oil and gas

Aroori   

Tallaabo;980804 wrote:
Here is a quote form the article:

"
Somalia’s government is working on the new petroleum legislation, including a change to the constitution regarding natural resource ownership, Mohamed said. The nation’s parliament would have to ratify the proposals, which would enforce the federal government’s authority
"

The SFG wants to kill and pin the constitution for which Faroole worked so hard all these years by changing it whenever it suits their narrow interest. This is bye to federalism and hello to Mogadishu dominated centralism.

+1

Burn Notice;980896 wrote:
Lmao...so conducting expensive siesmics doesn't count as actual petroleum exploration!!! That's comedy gold...I think you need to post on another thread as you are clearly out of your depths here
:(

Sxb seismic studies doesn't mean drilling. Plus, who said the activity is expensive? Do you know the average size of the companies that perform seismic activities comparing to actual corporations that specialize real petroleum drilling and productions?

Haye bal wax noo sheeg, Mr. Petroleum Expert, adigoon ciridka kor u taagin! LOL

Alle-ubaahne;980902 wrote:
Can somebody instruct me how to delete one of the double posts here? I am a clueless geeljire about this new system.

I think you're clueless PERIOD

Alle-ubaahne;980898 wrote:
Sxb seismic studies doesn't mean drilling. Plus, who said the activity is expensive? Do you know the average size of the companies that perform seismic activities comparing to actual corporations that specialize real petroleum drilling and productions?

Haye bal wax noo sheeg, Mr. Petroleum Expert, adigoon ciridka kor u taagin! LOL

Seriously last reply to you as you have NFI

You need to do seismics to determine where to drill...2D is expensive while 3D is super expensive

No company in the workd would do seismics and then allow another company to do the drilling...the 2 wells drilled in Puntland last year cost over$100m...Genel are to spend$40m to undertake seismics next year

The big oil majors only move in once the smaller companies have mitigated risk by dealing with the sovereign risk and confirming oil in commercial quantities

Good luck in life...you'll need it

Does Somalia even have oil? We've been hearing about these big discoveries for the last two years but I still don't see Faaraxs driving in Benleys in Bosaso.

ElPunto   

Haatu;980815 wrote:
Examples? And no, the US is not a good example. What does Germany, India do?

No one is disputing this.

I already mentioned the illegitimacy of the government. You saying it's up to the locals to sort out the qalqalooc in the contracts IS clapping for your clan leader. This is a resource that is intedned to benefit all Somalis, not one qabiil.

Canada, Australia or Switzerland. And why is the US not 'a good example'?

I can't tell if you're obtuse or have qabiil issues or both. Cid is ogol majirto in Somalia today. That is the stark reality. The best case that can be made is to share whatever resources we have as a people. If the SFG is working on a sharing formula or advising on the fairness or appropriateness of a deal - I am ok with that. But the SFG cannot control or dictate another region's mineral wealth given it's lack of genuine legitimacy/competence and its inability to create and engender trust among Somali stakeholders.