Sign in to follow this  
Tallaabo

Mogadishu wants to take control of Puntland's oil and gas

Haatu   

ElPunto;980807 wrote:
You need to go back and look at other federal countries. That is not how the process works. States make the agreements - federal government just gets a cut.

Examples? And no, the US is not a good example. What does Germany, India do?

Northern 'clan states' are the only functioning part the country called Somalia. I don't support Somaliland's secessionist aspirations but Somaliland functions. Puntland has major issues to deal with but it also functions.

No one is disputing this.

Whether the deals are bogus, unfair or rip off the locals is upto the locals to sort that out. And if the SFG was trying to address these issues - their input would be welcome. But for an entity barely in control of its seat of power to attempt to dictate these matters is beyond ridiculous. And when people criticize this - it isn't clapping for clan chiefs - it's looking with clear eyes at the reality of Somalia today.

I already mentioned the illegitimacy of the government. You saying it's up to the locals to sort out the qalqalooc in the contracts IS clapping for your clan leader. This is a resource that is intedned to benefit all Somalis, not one qabiil.

nuune   
Haatu, all Somalis, you said, xagee ku noolyihiin all Somalis, once you answer meeshay ku noolyihiin then you will get El Punto's point!

YoniZ   

If the SFG waited petroleum law to be completed before signing the Soma oil & gas fiasco I would have been first to defend them. However, their latest position is deceptive and foolish to say the least.

Nuune, to know where all Somalis live in the country, one simply needs to look at the vast territories that don't consider themselves as PL or SL. Those are the actual co-owners of the resources in question that these die-hard supporters of clan enclave are trying so hard to ignore.

YoniZ;980829 wrote:
If the SFG waited petroleum law to be completed before signing the Soma oil & gas fiasco I would have been first to defend them. However, their latest position is deceptive and foolish to say the least.

You are assuming here that SFG represents only one party, is that correct? If so, why do we have representative ministers and officials in the SFG that hail across every parts of Somalia? Signing the Soma OIL and GAS has nothing to do with the petroleum law because SOMA will only perform seismic activities that are necessary before conducting actual petroleum explorations with real productions and so forth.

YoniZ   

Alle-ubaahne;980833 wrote:
You are assuming here that SFG represents only one party, is that correct? If so, why do we have representative ministers and officials in the SFG that hail across every parts of Somalia? Signing the Soma OIL and GAS has nothing to do with the petroleum law because SOMA will only perform seismic activities that are necessary before conducting actual petroleum explorations with real productions and so forth.

Tell me what other exploration companies in PL and SL are doing?

In the eyes of many Somalis it is one faction.

SFG has choicen to corner it self in isolation, and, sabotage what ever progress stable regions have acheied is the latest mantra.

I have close contacts in one damning example, where junior minister very close to the president used his all powers to block scholarships that one region used to get for their outstanding school graduates since early 90s. He succeeded doing so and, the consequences never effect politicians in that region but the hardworking poor students.

The way this SFG is behaving is any thing but statesmanship.

YoniZ;980844 wrote:
Tell me what other exploration companies in PL and SL are doing?

SFG has choicen to corner it self in isolation, and, sabotage what ever progress stable region has acheied is the latest mantra.

I have close contacts in one damning example, where junior minister very close to the president used his all powers to block scholarships that one region used to get for their outstanding school graduate since early 90s. He succeeded doing so and the consequences never effect politicians in that region but the hardworking poor students.

The way this SFG is behaving is any thing but statesmanship.

They went ahead with actual exploration activities, especially PL, which incurred substantial loses for the company that prompted its departure. It was in the news as recent as a year and half ago. As for the scholarship, I don't know and I can't object your observations since I don't know the facts on that. But I can tell you outright, if what you are saying is true, then that official must be arrested for denying students the right for education which is enshrined in the current constitution. Period!

YoniZ   

Alle-ubaahne,

Saxib, you need to smell the coffee. Who is gonna arrest him? Even the senior minister in that portfolio got upset by these actions but at the end felt powerless.

Are there credible legal institutions, we still have Ilkaxanaf as cheif justice whose record is known to everyone.

Somali ppl suffered a lot for concentrating all the power in the hands of very few which caused this terrible collapse.

Until we have proper checks and balances the best way forward is to distribute power among the regions.

YoniZ;980829 wrote:

Lol that's hilarious

Only in Somalia ;)

Everyone's looking for a payout

Alle-ubaahne;980833 wrote:

Lmao...so conducting expensive siesmics doesn't count as actual petroleum exploration!!! That's comedy gold...I think you need to post on another thread as you are clearly out of your depths here :(