Sign in to follow this  
Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar

Another 'worst of' label gained

Haatu   

Tallaabo;980690 wrote:
They did not predict the collapse of the Barre regime as their prediction was made way before Siyad Barre came to power. They predicted the collapse of the Somali state itself at the time of our independence. Therefore, these guys do know a thing or two about how the world is run, because they run it from their capital cities.

Would it take a genius to guess that the downfall of Somalia would be qabiil and that the qabils would start fighting each other?

I'm shocked at the uselessness of the Somali passport. I thought you could get a visa with any passport.

Does anyone know how good the Kenyan one is? I might get it along with my Kipanda when I go back.

ElPunto   

Tallaabo;980692 wrote:

I think you are missing the point of this article. There is no price tag on national passports unless of course it is in the black market;)

What this article is comparing is the relative usefulness of the world's passports when it comes to the ease of travel and access to all the countries of the world. The British passport(ka cas)
;)
tops the list because the Brits have unfettered access to a staggering 173 countries thanks to the power of the British diplomacy and economic and political influence. The Kuwaiti and Emirati passports are not as good for travelling as those of western countries because those Arab nations despite their enormous wealth are not as influential as the west. Luxembourg is a small country and yet its passport is more important than that of Saudi Arabia thanks to its relationship with the other European and western powers.

You are right. But this is only because the dominant economic and military paradigm is the western one and the whole world is chasing after them. If you're part of the club - then you can move around freely. If in a couple of decades - the paradigm shifts to China/Southeast Asia and they decide to impose restrictions on those not part of their club - will a Luxembourg passport be any more useful than a Somali one?

Khayr   

Mad_Mullah;980774 wrote:
That's a miracle
:D

I want a recount or recall or reassessment.

Better to be the worst then to be the third worst.

It is like calling someone average.

Nothing to be proud of for a country that has no army, no real currency

and everyone is a chief.

In Australia u pay money for a passport and Somalia is said to be restrictive just because they dont recognise Israel as a place of destination therefore u cant go to Israel in a Somali Passport

Tallaabo   

ElPunto;980763 wrote:
You are right. But this is only because the dominant economic and military paradigm is the western one and the whole world is chasing after them. If you're part of the club - then you can move around freely. If in a couple of decades - the paradigm shifts to China/Southeast Asia and they decide to impose restrictions on those not part of their club - will a Luxembourg passport be any more useful than a Somali one?

Yes Asia will in the coming decades have the largest economies in the world and by then also have stronger militaries and bigger political clout. But even then the western world will continue to be just as prosperous, technologically advanced, politically very influential, and culturally dominant. Asia will still have the European Union and the USA as two of their most important trading partners, the USA, the UK, and France will still be major military powers, and their NATO alliance the dominant military power block. So it seems the passport of tiny Luxembourg will continue to be more valued than ours well into the distant future. God willing of course.