Sign in to follow this  
OdaySomali

Having many kids

NGONGE   

^^ Salaan sare duqa. I would have never chosen a better thread to come back to. Ciyaal ayaa ciyaal wax ka sheegaya! :D

Khayr   

You know sooner than later your money and wealth will leave you. So why build your life around it?

I would rather have kids that making dua for me to enter Jannah then have an R8.

fdama;980456 wrote:
I only have 2 kids Alhamdullilah. Two boys and that is it. I am a Software Consultant, the wife is currently a housewife getting back to work soon. We have a nice house in a nice neighbourhood, a Mercedes for me and recently a VW for the wife. I send the boys to private, fee paying schools. I also pay for private tuition to ensure their success. We go for holidays abroad twice a year,most recently to Malaysia. I buy for them, what they need, but make sure never to spoil them. You may think we are your typical Western family.

This is the life. You generally cannot have this lifestyle with 5, 6,7+ children. You'll have to buy a bigger house and put them into state schools. Not to mention the headache of running a large household. For get about the holidays too. It's just a holiday, but it adds to the well-being and the bonding of the family The family will generally be happier and the kids will have more of a chance in life than their counterparts who have numerous siblings.

Personally, I detest those men who use their wives as baby-making machines. And worst of all, when they are needed, they are nowhere to be found. And I hate those women who starve their households for the monthly Ayuuto/Hagbad. This is why a lot of Somalis are in the shit here in the UK. Large families, living in inner city ghettos with kids attending some of the worst schools. Its a cruel vicious cycle.

Look, I am a proponent of small families but lets not muddy the waters here... dont attack the ingenious ayuuto/hagbad system. You may be well off enough to not need to use thr ayuuto/hagbad system but it is an effective and rational way for families to save and invest in their future. Other than that I agree with your sentiment.

Tallaabo   

OdaySomali;981063 wrote:
Look, I am a proponent of small families but lets not muddy the waters here... dont attack the ingenious ayuuto/hagbad system. You may be well off enough to not need to use thr ayuuto/hagbad system but it is an effective and rational way for families to save and invest in their future. Other than that I agree with your sentiment.

I don't think he attacked the system itself but just disapproved of the way irresponsible mothers siphon off a large chunk of the family income to pay for hagbad mashruuc.

Tallaabo;981075 wrote:
I don't think he attacked the system itself but just disapproved of the way irresponsible mothers siphon off a large chunk of the family income to pay for hagbad mashruuc.

Thats a strange way of looking at it. Whats wrong with saving money so the family can invest in long term items... you make it sound as if Somali mothers trying to save a small proportion of their income is something malicious and sinister.