Sign in to follow this  
Khadafi

Where do you see Somalia 2021----40 years since the civil war

Khadafi   

Times goes by fast, that is the fate of man, weather he wants it or not the clock ticks on. For some people, the duration of time is something of joy, seeing your children growing in your own country and and then reconnecting to their culture is what defines man. A human without a sense of proud in his root's or culture is man lost in the dimsy world of globalization.

Somalis has now for some 23 years been scattered around the globe, within the 7 years to the dooms date of 2021 the old bourgeois-Beyzaani elite of pre 1991 Somalia who once in their life time saw the cosmopolitan peaceful Somalia will be to old or senile to do something that make a impact on Somalia. That is going to be a game changer. Sadly those "people"that I like to call the post-1991 will be people who have seen nothing then the barrel of the gun and chaos. But I am also optimistic. Maybe the youth in the west who know what statehood and rule of law means will change Somalia into a viable peaceful state with a modern outlook, and a firm conviction that Somalia can rise again in what ever means it can.

But one thing is sure. No one, no Somali can blame the problems 2021 on a civil war that erupted 40 years ago, in 1991.

Haatu   

Firstly, only Allah knows the future. That said and judging by what I have onserved, I can only see the Somali state balkanizing, God forbid. The Somalis in the North have mostly given up on unity, the ones in the east are becoming more and more distant, those in the centre are still struggling to confront their demons, those in the south west are beginning to stir and the southerners are restless. The future sadly doesn't bode well.

Haatu;979592 wrote:
Firstly, only Allah knows the future. That said and judging by what I have onserved, I can only see the Somali state balkanizing, God forbid. The Somalis in the North have mostly given up on unity, the ones in the east are becoming more and more distant, those in the centre are still struggling to confront their demons, those in the south west are beginning to stir and the southerners are restless. The future sadly doesn't bode well.

Which is a good thing. Somalia should be partitioned into at least 4 parts, its too big geographically to be governed effectively.

nuune   

2021 maxaa uga dhigee wax meel dheer jira, 7 sano bas lee kaa xiga, in fact, ka yar waliba, hadaan ku daro this Novembertan aan ku jirno waxaa 2021 ka harey 3 sano iyo afar biloow bas.

wax weyn aaba nooga dhigtee see camal

Hopefully better than where it's at now. Looking at the politics in Somalia now is little depressing, and get's almost everyone else down, but i'd like to think most Somalis have had enuff of having uncertain future and are willing to put their believes to the side to work together.

I don't think it could possibly get worse than it has been for the last 20+ yrs. :)

N.O.R.F   

Haatu;979592 wrote:

There will come a time when all 'parties' say enough is enough and decide to go it alone. Its sad but let's face it and stop wasting time.

Khadafi   

N.O.R.F;979624 wrote:
There will come a time when all 'parties' say enough is enough and decide to go it alone. Its sad but let's face it and stop wasting time.

Norf, that is a wish I hope comes true, but let's face it, in 2021 those who were born 1981-1991 will be in the age 30-40 years. They will be a whole generation that have not seen the meaning of citizenship in contrast to those who were born 1960-1970 who saw a peaceful Somalia and enjoyed the free education. We cant compare one who has eaten the fruit to the one who does not even know what fruit is.

But who knows? Everyone is now talking about globalization. A kid in Mogadishu can now easily connect through the internet to the western/eastern world, that will maybe a positive factor.

Nin Yaaban : A couple years ago I once had a newbie Somali youngster as a neighbor. He was some what educated but when he was amazed by the Swedish society he quietly told me " War ninyahow xadda aan fahmay waxa laga wado dowladnimo" That chocked me a bit because he was in his late 20-ties. That simply means that his whole generation has been shaped by the cow-boy mentality.

Note: There are young somalis in Somalia whom are better educated then me in Somalia, my intent is not to generalize. But with the raw capitalism in Somalia, education for the one with the dollars means over 80% of all Somalis kids do not go to school.

Haatu;979592 wrote:

abti,

don't listen to aabo's kacanist propaganda. you're just one of the millions of qurbo kids whose ignorance distorts the reality of today. for someone who claims to be 18, you seem to know a lot. even Somaliland is older than you, ma garatay? ee recognise that.

abti,

what is this unity you speak off? Somalis were never united and will continue to fight for water wells and grazing lands for eternity. this unity is a fiction propagated by historical revisionist, particularly those who look for meaning where there is no meaning and those whose senses are blighted by a nostalgia of patronage ................ and those whose gobonimo has been annexed by axmaar and fufu bantus. :)

isku xishood please.

Khadafi;979589 wrote:
Where do you see Somalia 2021----40 years since the civil war

We will rank between this 10 countries even to rank in the HDI list is achievement for us.

10 lowest HDIs

Rank Country HDI

New 2013 estimates for 2012

Low human development

1 Democratic Republic of the Congo 0.304

2 Niger 0.304

3 Mozambique 0.327

4 Chad 0.340

5 Burkina Faso 0.343

6 Mali 0.344

7 Eritrea 0.351

8 Central African Republic 0.352