Sign in to follow this  
Apophis

Kenyan Somalis contributing to the Westgate relief.

Apophis   

_70079099_019416616-1.jpg

?m=02&d=20130923&t=2&i=796676284&w=&fh=&

I even saw lines of people donating blood in Garissa today. It's good to see Somalis participating like all other citizens.

Great gesture. They should also condemn the maniacs in public. Not on our name and religion.

Saw this excellent analysis piece by Ken Menkhaus this morning and thought to share... .

Kenya and Kenyans are not the only players who have the next move. Somalis – in Kenya, in Somalia, and in the diaspora – also face an unavoidable and immediate choice. Either they can mobilize against Shabaab and take the movement out once and for all – by drying up its financial sources, exposing its operatives, and denying the movement any safe space from which to operate – or they can sit on their hands and make vague calls for a negotiated settlement, as they have done for years.

http://thinkprogress.org/security/2013/09/22/2662191/deadly-attack-kenya-mall-sign-desperation/

tutu   

Haatu;979130 wrote:
Dan la'aan although I applaud the effort.

'Dan la'an' what do you mean? You low-life-suuqa-xoolaha-born- xamali-prone loser!

Tallaabo   

Why can't the Kenyan Somalis have the same compassion for their brothers and sisters across the border in Somalia who are suffering a lot more than those in Nairobi?