Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Somalia Al-Shabab claims Nairobi Westgate Kenya attack

A senior figure in the Somali militant group al-Shabab has told the BBC it carried out a deadly attack on a shopping centre in neighbouring Kenya.

Al-Shabab, which has links to al-Qaeda, said the attack was in response to Kenya's presence in Somalia, where its troops have been fighting the militants since 2011.

Earlier, Kenyan officials blamed "armed criminals", putting the toll at 11.

However, the Red Cross says at least 30 people were killed and dozens injured.

On its Twitter feed, the al-Qaeda-linked group said it confirmed it was behind what it called the "Westgate spectacle".

The attackers entered the Westgate centre at about 12:00 local time (09:00 GMT), throwing grenades and firing automatic weapons.

Dozens of shoppers fled; many were trapped inside.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-24191606

All of sudden I am reminded by Dr.Glaydh's recent speech and maahmaahyo, one of them was like in reference to not messing with someone's children's. Now I blv this is the End of Alshabab thank god they are going to be eradicated and no help for them. The end of an Era is arising my friends.

Miyir   

RedSea;978789 wrote:
Kenya brought this on itself. When you invade another country, expect this sort of thing.

you need help.

alharam is not a country and they have been killing indiscriminately Somalis and Kenyans a way before they got kicked out Kismaayo, anyone who is going to help Somalia defeat them is more then welcome.

Never understood Somalis justifying the atrocities committed by Kenyans, Ugandans, and Ethiopian. If you don't acknowledge the suffering and the humiliation visited upon our people, you are in no position to preach to others.

I never justified anything, but when you attack a country and massacre its people, what do you think is the likely reaction? Unless you were okay with Ethiopians and Ugandans carpet-bombing Xamar and Kenyans massacring innocent geeljires.

Miyir   

Che -Guevara;978797 wrote:
Never understood Somalis justifying the atrocities committed by Kenyans, Ugandans, and Ethiopian. If you don't acknowledge the suffering and the humiliation visited upon our people, you are in no position to preach to others.

che now i understand why people accuse you alharam supporter.

all those countries you mentioned we somalis asked them a hand so we can defeat your death cult,

nuune   

- The actions by Alshabaab today in Nairobi are barbaric, inhumane, children, women and men are being killed, their action was a symbolic gesture that they can operate in Kenya freely.

- The same is true, Kenyan army doing their share of the barbaric acts on daily bases, killing and throwing missiles at villages, children, men and women being killed, their main reason, in Somalia, they say, is that they are after Alshabaab who kidnapped some tourists in Kenya back then.

- Both entities are fighting each other in Somalia, and now in Kenya.