Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

In Erigavo, People Reject Separatist Vision

This is shame on SNM ---trying to rob H clans off their wealth in the name of rejecting the currency of a government they are in cahoots with.

EDIT: from what I am hearing this so serious business between SL and PL could be impacted.

GAROODI   

xiinfaniin;979334 wrote:
This is shame on SNM ---trying to rob H clans off their wealth in the name of rejecting the currency of a government they are in cahoots with.

EDIT: from what I am hearing this so serious business between SL and PL could be impacted.

Pirates print fake money and because of it there is high inflation in the city, this is the real robbery. How is giving people a solid currency they can exchange robbery......? Learn basic economics.

Like always, defeated in kismayo. Giving speeches in toilets, protesting outside American fast food joints.

Sad times for d block indeed.

Like I said xiinnnn....

Mmmmmmmm....look at all this beautiful duriyada country....

No one gave it to me I took it back by force... Grow a pair and come or STFU

GAROODI   

xiinfaniin;979339 wrote:
^^
:D

The thing is , your online bravado is out of touch with the realities on the ground. The robbery in Erigavo shall not stand

I enjoy schooling you xinn. Your laughing at your own stup)ty. The man who argues printing fake money is not robbery but introducing government issued and controlled currency is robbery because of tribal bravado.

With rivals like xinn, you start to understand why these guys always keep losing. Like I said masters of self mutilation. Your lot are their own worst enemies

I'm sure the Somaliland foreign exchange control will be extremely vigilant in preventing people from using Somali currency. A piece of paper can't do a thing unless there is enforcement, it's just another hoop people will have to jump through when they do business. This will blow away in few months and then things will go back to normal.

RedSea   

The government mishandled the situation. I don't think the People Erigavo cared that much whether they use SL currency or the old Shilling. But as always some people are making it look like conflict between forces of different ideologies.

RedSea;979362 wrote:
The government mishandled the situation. I don't think the People Erigavo cared that much whether they use SL currency or the old Shilling. But as always some people are making it look like conflict between forces of different ideologies.

Why can't everybody be like you? A voice of reason at last.

RedSea;979362 wrote:

Red, aren't both currencies interchangeable? And if so, which is stronger relative to the US Dollar?

xiinfaniin;979339 wrote:
^^

The thing is , your online bravado is out of touch with the realities on the ground. The robbery in Erigavo shall not stand

Erigavo has been in the hands of SNM since 1991. Garoodi and his kin sometimes say since 1989. Forget Erigavo, we're going into 6 years of SNM rule in Lasanod.

Garoodi, what I'm curious about is, why haven't ciidamada Somaliland move beyond Tukaraq for the past 6 years towards the Sool-Nugaal border? Boocame is still free, the last town before you reach Yoocda.

RedSea   

Tilmook,

Hada ka hor ayaa nin xoola dhaqato ah keenay xoolihiisi Zeylada Hargeysa si looga iibsado. Markaa halka uu ka filayey in lasiiyo lacag tiro bad oo Shilling Soomaali ah ayaa waxaa la siiyey in laba jeer ka yar intuu filayey oo Somaliland Shillings ah. Kolkaa wuu yaabay. Markii uu ku laabtay rerkiisii ayaa wuxu ku yidhi xoolihii wax badan la igama siin sababtoo ah 'markaa aan koob shaaha cabo, Ina Cigaalna mid ayuu cabi".

It means the SL shilling is worth twice as much as the old Somali shilling. It's double the value and essentially stronger against the dollar. Downside is it's only accepted in SL. The upside, it's not as compromised as the old Shilling Soomali which has been subject to money laundering.

As for being interchangeable, in Erigavo they are. That is why Somaliland is attempting to get rid of, and make SL shiling sole currency there like they did in burco.

In the long run this affair will be settled by the business community who will ultimately support the currency that best retains value in their own judgment.

GAROODI   

Classified;979390 wrote:
Erigavo has been in the hands of SNM since 1991. Garoodi and his kin sometimes say since 1989. Forget Erigavo, we're going into 6 years of SNM rule in Lasanod.

Garoodi, what I'm curious about is, why haven't ciidamada Somaliland move beyond Tukaraq for the past 6 years towards the Sool-Nugaal border? Boocame is still free, the last town before you reach Yoocda.

Nothing beyond tukaraq except little villages. Another point is you can go there but it's not an urban centre so you can only have a small outpost nothing else. No bases because the base would end up the biggest thing in the village.

GAROODI   

RedSea;979484 wrote:
Tilmook,

Hada ka hor ayaa nin xoola dhaqato ah keenay xoolihiisi Zeylada Hargeysa si looga iibsado. Markaa halka uu ka filayey in lasiiyo lacag tiro bad oo Shilling Soomaali ah ayaa waxaa la siiyey in laba jeer ka yar intuu filayey oo Somaliland Shillings ah. Kolkaa wuu yaabay. Markii uu ku laabtay rerkiisii ayaa wuxu ku yidhi xoolihii wax badan la igama siin sababtoo ah 'markaa aan koob shaaha cabo, Ina Cigaalna mid ayuu cabi".

It means the SL shilling is worth twice as much as the old Somali shilling. It's double the value and essentially stronger against the dollar. Downside is it's only accepted in SL. The upside, it's not as compromised as the old Shilling Soomali which has been subject to money laundering.

As for being interchangeable, in Erigavo they are. That is why Somaliland is attempting to get rid of, and make SL shiling sole currency there like they did in burco.

I was in burco when they were changing the currency for them. At first it was the land shilling is going to make our food more expensive etc. Now they have no issues with it because no fake money get into the system.