Sign in to follow this  
nuune

Ethiopian Airlines is scheduled to service Hargeisa TODAY

nuune   

^^ I am not here to give pictures as evidence that the plane arrived at the airport early this morning, I am not a journalist by the way, but I do track the movements of this very route Addis-Egal, maybe you can find and ask the people who boarded this aircraft, good way to find them is around Gargaar Hotel area.

I can tell you that the plane that left Hargeisa Egal arrived Addis Ababa Bole at 1.25PM flight no ET 309.

Whether you believe it or not is not an argument, I am only here to confirm the movement of this particular Dash aircraft.

Hope that explains, and you take on board about the old planes Daallo and Jubba use, the 737-200/300, they even boast of these planes on their facebook pages, nothing to be proud off, if you fly one of them, your ears are bound to have cracks not now, but after few months or years the damage will appear, that is why they are banned in Europe, North America, most of Asia, Australia haba sheegin.

nuune;978226 wrote:

Alpha, then you need to stop talking about aviation in general, you forgot you were a self-designated spokesperson for Somaliland Aviation for the past few weeks, inaar.

abti,

like i said many times before arrimaha SL Republic ka dhex bax. wa iga taalo.

malaha vultures ayuu diyaarad la raaco u maleyey ninkan jinnka la sheekeysta.

jinn ka sheekeeye jinn uu sheekeeye ha la sheekaysan, ma istidhi?

Tallaabo   

Che -Guevara;978324 wrote:
I can confirm Nuune waa Itoobiyaan dharcad.

At other times he also seemed to be a Turkish aid coordinator, Somali Airlines agent, Ballot box dilaal, Villa Somalia insider, Silaanyo's right hand man, Berbera airport lobbyist, Kikuyu apologist, the list goes on.

Tallaabo;978330 wrote:
At other times he also seemed to be a Turkish aid coordinator, Somali Airlines agent, Ballot box dilaal, Villa Somalia insider, Silaanyo's right hand man, Berbera airport lobbyist, Kikuyu apologist, the list goes on.

ninka wa a jack of all trades but the master of none, ma garatay?

sort of reminds me of Del Boy from Only Fools and Horses.........cross-contaminated with a Sangub, before the allegations. :P:p

i also seem to recall the time.................he delivered a baby Zebra by c-section near Beeraha Jamame, using only a ph-neutral Dettol hand sanitiser. caajiib.

Haatu   

Alpha Blondy;978334 wrote:
ninka wa a jack of all trades but the master of none, ma garatay?

sort of reminds me of Del Boy from Only Fools and Horses.........cross-contaminated with a Sangub, before the allegations.
:P
:p

i also seem to recall the time.................he delivered a baby Zebra by c-section near Beeraha Jamame, using only a ph-neutral Dettol hand sanitiser. caajiib.

:D :D

nuune   

Alpha is bitter since I do know more about Hargeisa Airport, which supposed to be only 2 kilometers away from his home, inaar, wax isku fal dee sidan si ma ahanee, by the way, the Jinni these dayz waxbey iiga kaa sheegeyn oo adiga kugu saabsan, haye should I let the beans out, in advance, warka tii buu ku saabsanyahey, saas ogoow inaar

loooooooool Che, I got my feeds from ET system which I happen to have, I can even give the details of passengers on the aircraft this morning waa hadii uu Alpha dhibka joojin waayo, illaa hada Alpha waxaa laga dhaadhicin la'yahey the airport runway is 2.5km, waxba laguma darin 10 million ayaana lagu baxshey, hadii laga hadlana waa anti Somaliland hehe.

nuune   

Latest:

- The same plane, the De Havilland (Bombardier) DHC-8 Dash 8, that was used for today's flight from Addis to Egal Hargeisa Airport will be used tomorrow again Inshaa Allaah.

- Looks like the Dash will be the scheduled plane from now on to Egal Hargeisa International Airport.

- The timing is the same, 11AM arrival at Hargeisa.

This will make many people to avoid the Dubai-Djibouti-Berbera-road to Hargeisa.

If you are flying from London or from Europe or Washinton/Toronto, get a non stop to Addis, stay there for an hour, then to Hargeisa for an hour and half journey, looks like you will save a lot of time.

Tallaabo   

nuune;978398 wrote:
Latest:

- The same plane, the De Havilland (Bombardier) DHC-8 Dash 8, that was used for today's flight from Addis to Egal Hargeisa Airport will be used tomorrow again Inshaa Allaah.

- Looks like the Dash will be the scheduled plane from now on to Egal Hargeisa International Airport.

- The timing is the same, 11AM arrival at Hargeisa.

This will make many people to avoid the Dubai-Djibouti-Berbera-road to Hargeisa.

If you are flying from London or from Europe or Washinton/Toronto, get a non stop to Addis, stay there for an hour, then to Hargeisa for an hour and half journey, looks like you will save a lot of time.

If it is the same Bombardier which used to fly to Berbera, then I am not complaining. It is good enough for me. However, the question that won't go away is where did the Kuwaiti money go?

nuune   

^^ Nobody wants to talk about the money waryaa ee warkaas jooji, I am not worried about where the money went or how it was spent, after all, we are talking about Africa, and in this case millions that loo dhiibey Soomaali, like me, dad badan ma aysan jecleyn xukuumada oo dadka mislead-gareysay about the progress of the airport.

PS: There was no Ethiopian Airlines flight today to Bebera, and there won't be another one tomorrow to Berbera, I am thinking, did they completely STOPPED that route and replaced it with Hargeisa which started today, I will update you guys once I get some insider information.

N.O.R.F   

Nunne I looked on the ET website and Hargaisa isnt on there as a destination. BBO no flights as well. Octobar ayaan islaha wiig ka soo jar. Bal macaa talo ah?

Somaliland: A response to ‘Ethiopian suspends flights to Somaliland region’ By abdullah

I’ve had the honor of partaking in the rehabilitation of Egal International Airport in Hargeisa. I feel this post doesn’t reflect the great work that has been done. The whole of the runway (2440 meter long) has been paved with asphalt not once but twice. First with a DBM layer having a thickness of 60 mm then with a BC layer having a thickness of 40 mm. The professional engineers and technicians working on this paving were hailing from different countries some were Chinese, Ethiopian, Syrian and of course local Somalilanders. The very expensive and modern equipment were all imported and included a brand new hot mix plant with a capacity of 160 t/h, 4 rollers, an asphalt paver with infrared sensors and others. All this gave the end result of a world class runway that all somalis and not just somalilanders can be proud of. Even on this same site (SomalilandPress.Com http://www.qoryaalenews.com/view.php?id=4688 here is the link proving Ethiopian Satisfaction with the runway before they changed their mind, the reason which is still unknown because there is no official statement from Ethiopian Airlines )you have posted the interview with the ethiopian pilot praising the runway. To my knowledge not a single person/organization who has had access to the runway has made a professional appraisal of the Asphalt runway to be negative.

Of course the Egal international airport project has not been completed yet. A very important part of the project which is in progress. I think that might be the reason why ethiopian airlines suspended it’s flights but i can’t be sure. Since i haven’t seen an official response from them to any of the local newspapers or websites. Also you haven’t reported how how Daallo airlines is still operating from Egal international airport yesterday and today they carried over two hundred passengers. I can’t give you the exact model of the aircraft they operate but it was a jet plane carrying almost 120 passengers. If the runway was useless and a failure they wouldn’t be able to land on it.

The engineer of the Kuwaiti consultant firm responsible for the project heard your accusations, which btw were quoted as a source in most SL newspapers and TV channels, about the runway he laughed out loud. He had just arrived today with Daallo airlines at Egal international airport, so he found the rumors especially amusing.

It’s surprising you comment about this project and haven’t hear of NARCO and ICT. You don’t seem to understand that usually in contracting there has to be a consultant responsible to keep the contractor’s work inline with the contract and guidelines of work. In fact the contractor doesn’t get paid one cent untill the consultant checks and approves the bill of works. Of course the consultant’s work is much bigger than just checking the bill, they also approve and supervise the work and also Quality control.

So i gave my two cents and if anyone interested is in Hargeisa and wants to see first hand the job we did. Please contact me and i can give you a tour so you can see for yourself the quality runway that Egal international airport has but many people fail to recognize, either because of their political affiliation or simple minded tribalism.

mabdullah@slchg .com

http://somalilandpress.com/somaliland-a-response-to-ethiopian-suspends-flights-to-somaliland-region-by-abdullah-44399#idc-cover

Ibtisam   

Nuune There is no ET plan landing or taking off at Egal airport, today, yesterday or any other day. :D

What did happen though is that ET chartered a jubba airways flight to take all the passengers with travel documents who were unable to fly by going on the road to Jigjiga and where stranded here. The flight is a temporary measure to cater to such people and return them to their county of origin.

The flight went to Djbouti where passengers were immediately transferred on to a ET flight to land in Addis.

There were some Ethiopian officials who came with the flight- If ET does resume flight it was will be the same flight as they are happy to use the runway as it is and complies with its safety requirement. As for yesterday, ET officials said they expect service to return in 4-5days,

That aside I know they were exploring other options such as having more ET flights to Burco (already ruled out after they opened a liaison office there four months ago) Moqdishou and Bossaso operated by Jubba on behalf of ET. The only problem is Jubba cannot land in Ethiopia- so it will be picking passengers up from Djibouti or Hargeisa as plans stand now.

ET prefers landing in Berbera but will be based in Hargeisa.