Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

VIDEO: Young, Muslim, Somali, Female and Western - Interesting Interview with two Xalimos

*ANWAR*;977563 wrote:
Western Somali Xalimos need a Slap IN THE FACE

sow ma aragtid, abti

ismahan is boasting about not practicing her deen. caajib!

wuxuu dumarkii la garnayey ma aha...................wa wax kale.

Good program! Both girls were articulate and good representatives of our community. To the people who will smack talk the one who said she's not practicing--kick rocks! I didn't start practicing until I was twenty-two, there is still a chance she might too. Some parents don't force hijab or prayers on their children they're wise enough to know one should do the aforementioned only to please Allah. They're right to stress education and independence, these days somali marriages end over a cup of shax or when he flees to garrowe after stabbing someone. When he up and disappears, you need to able to support you and yours! I'm working on my second degree inshallah afterward I'm going to get another professional degree. You do you too!

Cambuulo iyo bun;977567 wrote:
to be fair it aint only da xaliimos who are lost. ragga are focked as well. Somalidii hore where gob.
:(

i agree.

there are various types of Xalimos. there are subtle difference between them but really they're all the same. i have a one size fits all sort of policy about them, ma garatay? :cool:

i don't hate Somali xalimos. i just don't like their polemic attitudes. i don't like their kibir or their subservient attitude. i don't like their supposed ''independent mentality'' or their ''over-reliance''. it's always one or the other markasta. there's never a middle ground, ma garatay?

abti,

from my short but rich experience, i've come to the conclusion the xalimos who work are better in general. a woman who works is more beneficial to society than one who depends on benefits or your hard-earned dosh. a woman who works is probably more educated and more aware of family planning via birth control pills and stuff. she'll raise better children too........... but that she looks to her work for validation, purposefulness and everything else is perverse. this is the worry for many. this work related BS is just a cover-up for their dangerous liaisons, affairs, and bit on the side. :P

check this.....i meet this chick last month. she works, surprisingly. i don't have a problem with that. we all work but it seems her work is consuming any potential ''air time'' we could have used to date and stuff, ma garatay? i call up and she's busy. ya u sheega we're all busy. chances are i'm probably more busier than her but why the charades? why the pretence? why the let downs? why am i pursuing this jinn xalimo. i'm annoyed. :mad:

check this.....i was supposed to get married to my distant cousin. i've put this off for a while (other options pending)..... we're family and the suitors feel they're helping me, can y'all believe such paternalism? how can i marry this submissive little xalimo. i've seen her and spent some time with her. she's docile and devoid of a personality. she doesn't speak. when she speaks, it's to serve me. usually a cup of Lipton suffices. :P then what? where's the conversation, abti? where's''the behind every successful man, there's a strong woman''? marrying her will probably make me commit affairs, for the sake of committing affairs and stuff. it'll make me run out of the house to buy onions. because when you're with her, you're mentally vacant because she's already performed all her daily chores and there's an awkward silence circulating. it's as though she's been bought up to be at your service. why is this desperate xalimo pursuing me. i'm annoyed. :mad:

it's never easy but i'll have to make a choice soon. :cool::o;)

ElPunto   

^I haven't watched the video - but according to Alz one of the girls is boasting about not practicing her religion. If that is indeed the case - I believe that person is lost. I don't expect everyone to be a good Muslim - it's upto the individual - but I draw the line at people who denigrate their religion/culture and slavishly adopt the predominant secular, materialistic, anti faith mentality of the West.

*Blessed;977582 wrote:
So being articulate, educated and employed = lost? No wonder half our men in the west are losers!!!

:D:D:D

^ i can't speak for those raag aad sheegeysid............... siba kuwa nolosha dhacay, iight?

y'all are heading back to the motherland and y'all are still behaving as though in the West and sort of emancipated, maha? ;) some of y'all are heading back for a marriage mashruuc balse we all know inay idinku dhoofan. :D:D

inabti, sida waa laga ficaanyahay.

rocky2_poster.jpg

do y'all working women find this sort of thing, offensive? ;):D

Blessed   

^ Errr. don't know what you're on about... but I love Rocky, used to watch it with my brother.

El Punto -- he has an issue with xalimos - from the jaariyad to the average girl on TV. :D

ElPunto;977579 wrote:
What makes them western Alz? They live in the west?

abti,

yeah, i guess.

these xalimos are oppressed, maha? these xalimos carry the burden of being a Black Muslim Woman (BMWs...:P) from a post-conflict war-torn societies with strange cultural practices and <10% conviction rates for domestic violence. carrying these burdens already, they're now living in advanced, post-industrial, service based economic democracies. of course, this depends on whether they wear a hijab or whether they've been 'liberated' to a degree, i reckon. in a way they're seen ticking all the bad boxes (BMWs), ma garatay? but their analysis on the X-FACTOR puts Simon Cowell to shame, you know. some of these niqabbed-up xalimos ought to be tested for citizenship and loyalty to Westnimo. i bet we'll find many a 'Jihad Jane' nestling among them.:P;)