Sign in to follow this  
Qaranki

Faisal Roble seems pretty obsessed with the book 'Clan Cleansing'

Qaranki   

Don't you think? I've lost count of the amount of times I've seen him review it or base one of his articles on it.

One wonders why he places so much emphasis on what this foreigner writes as opposed to what the collective Somali population has gone through. Should the the injustices that have been inflicted on every clan by every clan go unheard if there is a book which looks at only one's family's suffering?

http://www.wardheernews.com/book-review-clan-cleansing-somalia-ruinous-legacy-1991/

Qaranki;976872 wrote:
Don't you think? I've lost count of the amount of times I've seen him review it or base one of his articles on it.

One wonders why he places so much emphasis on what this foreigner writes as opposed to what the collective Somali population has gone through. Should the the injustices that have been inflicted on every clan by every clan go unheard if there is a book which looks at only one's family's suffering?

I don't know how oven he refer but I thing as log as their is no real conciliation in Somalia that feeling will continue and he has right to let know the injustice he have been inflicted. I'm wondering how can Mogadisho become capital without reconciliation of its past.

Kapteijns argues that the USC viewed the defeat of Barre’s regime as a victory not only against Barre, but against anyone who belonged to his clan family for whom the toll of “ninkii dhoof ku yimid bay geeridu dhibaysaa,” or “those who are non-natives are afraid of death” rung laud.
(A nativist war song that was most recently heard blasting the kiosks and teashops of Mogadishu during the July 2013 Kismayo conflict.
)

This man is sick cuqdada heerka ay ka gaartey bal ila arka

Cambuulo iyo bun;976881 wrote:

This man is sick cuqdada heerka ay ka gaartey bal ila arka

I'm not fully on board with his sentiments, but cambuulo such feelings are still expressed in xamar sadly, one can't sweep it under the rug. i see it lessening though, thankfully.

Hobbesian im not denying ugly things happened in the 90s, it did but it wasn't only USC who commited heinous crimes.Besides i was talking about the last sentence i quoted, if that isnt a sick claim then i dont know what is..

Somalia   

The crimes commited by USC savages who now some members are HAG will never be forgotten and more academic work will come out in the coming years as we combat this new form USC savagery.

No one shall stop books from being released, I wonder what modern USC will do, do they even know how to write? :D And if they do, how will they justify their acts? It will be most interesting.

I am especially looking forward to the still untitled upcoming limited donkey edition book by Qawdhan Iljeex, a rare mix breed.

Faisal is D block chauvinist we all agree, all clans committed atrocities but the USC atrocities got the most infamy and press for some reason. anyhow shit happens and its time to move on and learn from the past.

STOIC   

Haven't read the book, but I'm sure if it is scholarly work it must be backed by evidence.I Have read though many exasperating opinion of Feisal Roble on Wardheer news. It is not hard to figure out how the man beats the drum of D-block domination of Somali politics with his bitter essays.He is no different than the Mohamud Ulusow guy of hirranonline.Someone tell that annoying pretentiously self-important UluSow guy to cut the blue highlights on his essays. Haha

Faysal has taken the lead to ensure the rebirth of strong Somalia on constitutional grounds.

Federalism he understands is the only thread left to bring Somalia back, perhaps not as strong as one would've hoped, but it is nevertherless the only practical alternative to complete disintegration of the country

STOIC   

Heh Xiin.You are kidding,right? The man is no different than the other blithering idiiots who peddle smugly Clan agendas. You have to be blind to not see through his "solicited" opinions of current Somali issues.