Sign in to follow this  
Mad_Mullah

When Somalis had honour -- Sayyid quote.

Sayid Mohamed Abdullah Hassan ("The Mad Mullah") wrote a letter to the British Commissioner at Berbera:

'You have aligned with all the wastrels of the world because you are weak. This alliance of yours, with Sikhs and Burmese and Moors and Egyptians and Americans and Nubians and Serbs and Arabs and Indians and Russians. We stand on our own, independent and free. But because you are weak, you must solicit, as does a prostitute.'

compare that today where we have Norwegians paying for our salaries and Kenyand And Ugandans "protecting" the streets. Where we can't have a single ceremony, a single hospital opened, or a single school built without having some UN cadaan qurun. Or having Turks standing over us with their Turkish flags raised high.

:(

Wadani   

The Somalis of that time were of a different breed. Somalis today are almost unrecognizable, as they share no traits with the Somalis of yore.

But because you are weak' date=' you must solicit, as does a prostitute.' /QUOTE']

LOOOOOOOOOOL@ soliciting yourselves to Meles, Kibaki and anyone else who'd take an interest.

abti,

speaking for yourself and refrain from projecting, ma garatay?

the sayid, himself, was the butt of all jokes. have you heard the gabay that Cali Jaamac Haabiil said about the mad mullah.

Wuxu yidhi Cali Jaamac Haabiil;

Indhaweydba waataanan tiring, taawadii gabaye

Ta'da niman aqoonnini intuu, tubaya baanaayo

Way iga tadheeyeen halkii, malabku tuurnaaye

An tumaati rido waataa murtida igu tuhmayseene.

Tawraad, iyo Injiiliyo Furqaan, kala tol weeyaane

Toolmoonihii Maxamed(NNKH), baw tegey Ilaahay e

Tawxiidkuu na faray looxyaday, noogu taal weliye

Waa tiir aan naga liicihayn, taannu leenahaye.

Waxa lagu tilmaansado sharciga, malaha tuurtuure

Rasuulkii (NNKH) wuxuu naga tiruu, taabka ku hayaaye

Tacabkii ba' waa sida Fircoon, tab iyo diinaade

Isagaba Badbaa lagaga tegey, naarna lagu tuurye

Kanna taakadaas baw hadhoo, waa tukubayaaye

Ha targaafo sida Towja geel Tuurin baw qorane.

Afartaa ma taranteerrinine, maysku wada tiirshey

Togaggaan ka soo qaadan jirey, Taar ma kaga keenay

Tuduc kalena way hadal yaroo tamashle waayeel ah.

Toogtii horeetuu *****, taw ka soo yidhiye

Tamaradii Ilaahay ka qaad, Timihi Daaroode

Arasame ma tooxsado fardaha, takhantakhoodiiye

Tafantoofe nimankii Nugaal, taysa ku lahaaye.

Maxamuud Garaad turunturruu, weli la tiicaaye

Barkadkii tumaadida caddaa, tuhunki waa beene

Teed laguma oga Bahararsamii, turuqa weynaaye

Garaadka ay tumaaluhu dileen, taawishaa qabane.

Tolkood nimanka iibsadey Ilaah, tacabki waa siinne

Tawstuna Cali Geri bay ku hadhi, taniyo xaataaye.

Talaatiinka Ramadaan ninkii, idin takliifaayey

Toobadda iyo Ash-haadada ninkii, idin taraarsiiyey

Hadduu Teerigii idinla helay, nalagu taamaayey

Tunka ka leefa dhiigiyo ilmada, idinka tiixaysa

Hadaba toogga baxa waa janada, talalaxdeediye

Tureecada day waataad kufriga, nagu tilmaanteene.

Toddobuu qabaa naaga xora, tuu falaa darane

Kun towxiidsanaayuu sidii, Teys u gawracaye

Taag niman lahayn iyo agoon, buu ka taajiraye

Safar waa la taakulin jiree lama tayiiseyne

Isna turuqyaduunbuu jaraa timirta cuurtaaye

Taladii Ilaahay ka qaad tuuggi, reer Xamare

Ma Talyaanigaasaa mahdiya tanina waa yaabe.

Saxib, we all know the Sayyid had many haters, especially from British Somaliland, people that used to whore themselves out to the British and joined the Somaliland Camel Corpse, now their descendants are online and bragging about serving the British while insulting one of Somalia's national heroes.

Read the following quote and go back dreaming about the days the British used to smile at you and pat you on the head like a horse.

The Dervish state (Somali: Dawlada Daraawiish, Arabic: دولة الدراويش‎) was an early 20th-century Somali Sunni Islamic state that was established by Muhammad Abdullah Hassan, a religious leader who gathered Somali soldiers from across the Horn of Africa and united them into a loyal army known as the Dervishes. This Dervish army enabled Hassan to carve out a powerful state through conquest of lands claimed by the Somali Sultans, the Ethiopians and the European powers.
The Dervish State acquired renown in the Islamic and Western worlds due to its resistance against the European empires of Britain and Italy. The Dervish forces successfully repulsed the British Empire in four military expeditions, and forced it to retreat to the coastal region.
[1] As a result of its fame in the Middle East and Europe,
the Dervish State was recognized as an ally by the Ottoman Empire and the German Empire
.[2][3] It also
succeeded at outliving the Scramble for Africa, and remained throughout World War I the only independent Muslim power on the continent
.[4] After a
quarter of a century
of holding the British at bay, the Dervishes were finally defeated in 1920, when Britain used aeroplanes to bomb the Dervish capital of Taleex.

So tell me, you who mock the Sayyid, was this guy and his men a "joke"??

Wadani   

Mad_Mullah;976751 wrote:
Saxib, we all know the Sayyid had many haters, especially from British Somaliland, people that used to whore themselves out to the British and joined the Somaliland Camel Corpse, now their descendants are online and bragging about serving the British while insulting one of Somalia's national heroes.

Read the following quote and go back dreaming about the days the British used to smile at you and pat you on the head like a horse.

So tell me, you who mock the Sayyid, was this guy and his men a "joke"??

Mad Mullah Abti, I guess u haven't been keeping up to date with the thorough exposure of D-block revisionist history. Abti, no one clan can claim the darawiish, and no one clan can be labeled as pro-colonialist. This is a simplistic, selfish and lazy reading of history.

Very true, I never claimed The Dervishes for D-Block. But I will tell you the people that attack them have some kind of relationship to the colonialists and that the majority of them are from current day Somaliland.

I do not ignore the fact though that many of the Dervish leaders were Landers.

Wadani   

Mad_Mullah;976753 wrote:
Very true, I never claimed The Dervishes for D-Block. But I will tell you the people that attack them have some kind of relationship to the colonialists and that the majority of them are from current day Somaliland.

I do not ignore the fact though that many of the Dervish leaders were Landers.

I agree that many Somalilanders don't have a positive image of the Sayyid. But there is some basis for that, because runtii dad badan oo reer guura ah ayuu ku duuli jiray Sayyidku, qabiilkay doonaan ha ahaadaane. Wax u dilo iyo wax u xoolaha ka dhaco ayuu ka dhigay. The first clan that was attacked by the sayyid and his forces were the reer miyi of my very own clan, the Ciidag@le, in 1901 I believe, in a night raid known as Dayax Weerar. These nomads had nothing to do with the colonialists, and infact the sultaan of our clan was fiercely anti-British, yet they were raided and had their livestock forcibly confiscated. So the Sayyid was no saint.

And what do u mean the Somalilanders who attack him have some relationship with the colonialists? Please explain, becuase I've never met a Somali who loves gumaystaha.

Daqane   

He was a genocidaire and only a certain minority consider him anything but.... setting the blueprint of false nationalism to clan massacres faithfully followed by every other offspring politician of a certain minority....

Tallaabo   

Wadani;976743 wrote:
The Somalis of that time were of a different breed. Somalis today are almost unrecognizable, as they share no traits with the Somalis of yore.

No the Somalis did not change but just the times have. On the one hand, the Dervishes of yesteryears were like the Alshabaab of today both in clan composition and in character, misguided and killing their own, but also fighting to death any foreign power that sets foot on their land. And on the other hand we had a myriad of administrations and clans just like those of today who had all sorts of foreign "friends" and "allies" on their side.

Haatu   

Daqane;976800 wrote:
He was a genocidaire and only a certain minority consider him anything but.... setting the blueprint of false nationalism to clan massacres faithfully followed by every other offspring politician of a certain minority....

What most people like and idealise is the goal he fought for, a free, independent, united Somali homeland. That said, he was a ruthless man that practiced the age old practice of collective punishment. He killed and displaced many of his own clan.

Balse, who is this certain minority bal? For I know a large chunk of Somalis can be accused of worse crimes than the Sayid committed.