Sign in to follow this  
Mooge

Galaydh humiliates qoslaaye again. this is fun.

Samafal   

Is it me or is Galayr making a serious accusation where he says that the president has reportedly confided with a foreign country that " a certain clan in Somalia is the cancer of Somalia and need to be dealt with?". If this is true then may Allah help Somalia with a leader like him.

If everyone can just keep their mouth out of Khaatumo, its none of your business if they agree or not or who they talk to. Galaydh is member of the Parliament, its not only his right but his duty to keep the president in check. And Oba, how do know what he was thinking.

Naxar Nugaaleed;976883 wrote:
And Oba, how do know what he was thinking.

sxb malaysku ciyaara? You know that this opposition is a joke when its lead by Galaydh and the orphan children of Meles (darwiish, Ali Mohamed Ghedi). :D

" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

I Believe Ali Galeyd has a personal grudge against President Hassan ? The man is complaining about not seeing the President or getting chance to hold meeting , President sh Maxmuud Culuso has not time for this old Gypysi

Wadani;976871 wrote:
You're clearly being purposely obtuse.

No, I'm not. You claimed that your statement was objective, while you claimed to be a "Somalilander" subjectively. lol

Wadani   

Classified;976931 wrote:
No, I'm not. You claimed that your statement was objective, while you claimed to be a "Somalilander" subjectively. lol

War illeen tanoo kale. Bro, I was born in the capital of Somaliland. How can my Somalilandnimo be considered subjective? Also, how can being being Somali and a Somalilander be mutually exclusive indentities when the very name 'Somaliland' would suggest othwerwise. Plx explain.

Wadani;976937 wrote:
War illeen tanoo kale. Bro, I was born in the capital of Somaliland. How can my Somalilandnimo be considered subjective? Also, how can being being Somali and a Somalilander be mutually exclusive indentities when the very name '
Somali
land' would suggest othwerwise. Plx explain.

Saying "I am a Somali and a Somalilander simultaneously" is like saying "I am a man and a woman simultaneously". It's contradicting. "Somalilandernimo" is an identity created in 1991 thru subjective reasoning.

Somali is an ethnic group. British-Somaliland was a colonial region that came under the British empire. Two different things. If Somalilander is an ethnic group, then by all means, Somalis from Hiiraan, Baidoba, Mogadishu, Kismayu, Boosaaso, Djibouti are all Somalilanders since there were three entities called French-Somaliland, British-Somaliland, Italian-Somaliland.

Wadani   

Classified;976977 wrote:
Saying "I am a Somali and a Somalilander simultaneously" is like saying "I am a man and a woman simultaneously". It's contradicting. "Somalilandernimo" is an identity created in 1991 thru subjective reasoning.

Somali is an ethnic group. British-Somaliland
was
a colonial region that came under the British empire. Two different things.
If Somalilander is an ethnic group
, then by all means, Somalis from Hiiraan, Baidoba, Mogadishu, Kismayu, Boosaaso, Djibouti are all Somalilanders since there were three entities called
French
-Somaliland,
British
-Somaliland,
Italian
-Somaliland.

Ah, therein lies your problem.So according to your warped logic Austrians aren't German since they aren't from Germany. How do u manage to write about such abstractions as subjective reasoning, yet not grasp the obvious and glaring differences between ethnicity and nationality.

Pay close attention:

A Somali from Somalia is both a 'Somali' (ethnic identity) and a 'Somalian' (National identity).

A Bantu, Reer Xamar or Baajuun and various other minorities are not 'Somali' but are definitely 'Somalian'

A Somali from Somaliland is a 'Somali' but not a 'Somalian', but instead a 'Somalilander'.

A Somali from Djibouti is a 'Somali' but not a 'Somalian', but instead a 'Djiboutian'.

Same with folks from *Og@dania and NFD, they are 'Somali's' but aren't 'Somalians', since they aren't citizens of Somalia.

What I don't get is why people like you dont cast doubts and aspersions on the Soomaalinimo of NFD'ers, Djiboutians and Og@danians but strip Somalilanders of this same identity though they aren't unique in not being citizens of Somalia.

Nagadaa ninyahow, there's no such thing called Somalian. Are we making up identities to expedite your political ambition? The language and the people of Somalia is called Somali.

I think Safferz concisely debunked as this new attempt to redefine Somali national identity.

It's a historical and political fact that Somali is the demonym for a resident of Somalia. It's both a nationality and an ethnicity that can be broadly applied to all ethnic Somalis inhabiting the Horn of Africa. I'm not sure why you are disputing this or pretending that Che's "misappropriation" is responsible for the demonym. Please don't pretend that there is anyone else but you arguing this position either or taking issue with the term Somali as a descriptor for a person from Somalia, it is a fallacious argument.

http://www.somaliaonline.com/community/showthread.php/71491-Clan-amp-the-Politics-of-Somalia?highlight=spadez

P.s. My argument only applies to the use of the word Somalian.

Wadani;976979 wrote:
Ah, therein lies your problem.So according to your warped logic Austrians aren't German since they aren't from Germany. How do u manage to write about such abstractions as subjective reasoning, yet not grasp the obvious and glaring differences between ethnicity and nationality.

Pay close attention:

A Somali from Somalia is both a 'Somali' (ethnic identity) and a '
Somalian
' (National identity).

A Bantu, Reer Xamar or Baajuun and various other minorities are not 'Somali' but are definitely 'Somalian'

A Somali from Somaliland is a 'Somali' but not a '
Somalian
', but instead a 'Somalilander'.

A Somali from Djibouti is a 'Somali' but not a '
Somalian
', but instead a 'Djiboutian'.

Same with folks from *Og@dania and NFD, they are 'Somali's' but aren't '
Somalians
', since they aren't citizens of Somalia.

What I don't get is why people like you dont cast doubts and aspersions on the Soomaalinimo of NFD'ers, Djiboutians and Og@danians but strip Somalilanders of this same identity though they aren't unique in not being citizens of Somalia.

Somalian? LOL That's not a word, mate. Epic Fail. :D

A Somali citizen of Somalia is both a Somali as an ethnicity and a Somali as a nationality. A Russian, American or a Turkish that becomes a Neutralized citizen of Somalia (If the Constitution allows it), will become an "American-Somali" or a "Russian-Somali" or a "Turkish-Somali". Get it.

Che-, What did Safferz say concerning the debunking of the new attempts in redefining Somali national identity?