Sign in to follow this  
Mad_Mullah

How South Somalia should look like

Mad_Mullah;976654 wrote:
What qabeel do you think you're from? They'll keep you for 3 months max. lol.

abti,

the kidnapped were white, ma garatay?

the HAG are innocent people and don't mean harm for anyone. you ought to let them be, maha? :P

i couldnt trust Puntlanders. they are sinister. i'll sleep in the house of the HAG but i couldnt eat their food, dee (because they will EAT everything without considering anyone else, maha? :P:p:D). i'll eat with the puntlanders, though. there appears to be a fiscal conservatism about them but i couldn't sleep in their house, ma garatay?...(cyanide poisoning....how mysteriously orchestrated :P:D:p).

i'd trust reer Baidoa and the biyomaal though. they seem very nice and genuine. :)

reer Boroma are the greatest people in the somali-speaking world, walahi. i trust 3 people in Hargeisa and 2 of them are reer Borama. 2/3 majority. :P

Tallaabo   

Haatu;976836 wrote:
^^

Thanks Haatu. It seems the only enemies to defeat Somalis were other Somalis because without the cooperation and aid of crazy Somali clans no foreign power would have ever subjugated our people. If Somalis had the equivalent of Napoleon or Genghis Khan, a strong man who would conquer and unite the different clan sultanates to form a nation state, that nation state would have eventually conquered all the other East African territories and peoples to form a major empire.

Mad_Mullah;976634 wrote:
They are from our neighbors down south. Mombasa, Lamu, Malinidi (Kenya) and Zanzibar (Tanzania).

It strongly shows their heritage and history - something lacking in our buildings even though our history is greater than theirs. Because we along with the Turks saved their asses

That's interesting, thanks for the detailed answer. What about being the change you wanna see in our buildings and you be the first to do that. Just a thought that's if you are interested in architecture :)

Wadani   

Alpha Blondy;976656 wrote:
abti,

the kidnapped were white, ma garatay?

the HAG are innocent people and don't mean harm for anyone. you ought to let them be, maha?
:P

i couldnt trust Puntlanders. they are sinister. i'll sleep in the house of the HAG but i couldnt eat their food, dee (because they will EAT everything without considering anyone else, maha?
:p:D). i'll eat with the puntlanders, though. there appears to be a fiscal conservatism about them but i couldn't sleep in their house, ma garatay?...(cyanide poisoning....how mysteriously orchestrated
:P:D
:p).

i'd trust reer Baidoa and the biyomaal though. they seem very nice and genuine.
:)

reer Boroma are the greatest people in the somali-speaking world, walahi. i trust 3 people in Hargeisa and 2 of them are reer Borama. 2/3 majority.

Hahaha...thanks for the good laugh bro.

This is how the old sections of Xamar looked like, gaar ahaan Xamarweyne iyo Shangaani. And they were much older than kuwaa meesha kusoo dhajisay. Xamar looked like this and much more beautiful. So was Baraawe iyo some parts of Marka.

5311134605_661ba680d1_z.jpg

Shangaani

5311728382_da7856eb2d_z.jpg

Xamarweyne

5311726322_c60fdfb7cd_z.jpg

Xamarweyne

5311134363_663b30c8ef_z.jpg

Xamarweyne

5313973955_ba9dcc14d3_b.jpg

5314568944_4b7ced9694_b.jpg

5311729070_32fb712093_b.jpg

Reeyo   

Everything you've shown are signs of colonialism. I am sure there some Italian influence down South. Go explore.

As for the North, it's a different context and new sheet. Let people experiment and define their identity. Give it time, you'll see something unique grow.

Reeyo;977405 wrote:
Everything you've shown are signs of colonialism. I am sure there some Italian influence down South. Go explore.

As for the North, it's a different context and new sheet. Let people experiment and define their identity. Give it time, you'll see something unique grow.

That's true with Zanzibar etc. but South Somalia wasn't colonized by then (Oman Portugal war) and I'm not talking about the Italian buildings.

Reeyo   

What are you talking about?

I seriously dislike this whole taking a another's paint brush and trying to the paint the same image in Somalia.

Why aren't we like this calacal is getting old.

Take some pride in our heritage and our future. Damn to old Colonial buildings that were built by oppressors.

Haatu;977417 wrote:
Reeyo, most of these historic cities were built by Somalis.

Try telling this guy, the Omani influence was in Mombasa, Zanzibar,

Old Xamar, Merca, Barawe, Kismayo etc. were all built by Somalis. What I'm trying to say in putting money into further developing it as it's a tourist attraction instead of all these bland looking hotels like Shaamo. Somalida have got their own style but we're forsaking it for bland ugly looking buildings like in Hargeisa.

Reeyo   

Haatu;977417 wrote:
Reeyo, most of these historic cities were built by Somalis.

I did not notice the later pictures, I saw the pictures of Kenya and Tanzania.

As for Mad-Mullah calling me jaahil, grow up.