Sign in to follow this  
Wiil Cusub

Two blasts hit Mogadishu restaurant

Somalia:15 killed after 2 blasts hit Mogadishu restaurant, police commander says

Comments (0)

The aftermath of Al shabab bombing

MOGADISHU, Somalia – Somali militants attacked a restaurant near Mogadishu’s seat of government for the second time in less than a year on Saturday, detonating two large blasts that killed at least 15 people and wounded nearly two dozen, an official said.

The force of the blasts appeared to tear much of the roof off the restaurant, which is frequented by government workers.

Capt. Ali Hussein, a senior police official, put the death toll at 15 and said at least 20 had been wounded. Officials said the attack included a car bomb blast and a suicide bomber who entered The Village eatery.

“This disaster never comes to an end,” yelled **** Hassan, a car washer who lost a colleague in the blasts. “See this, that and this! Life is worthless here,” he said as he pointed to dead bodies on the ground.

An Associated Press reporter at the scene said wounded people screaming in pain were being taken away by ambulance. Soldiers also fired in the air, apparently in an attempt to restore order. Dead bodies badly burned by the flames could be seen by frightened onlookers who had gathered.

Militants, most likely from the group al-Shabab, attacked The Village last November. That attack, though, was less severe; two suicide bombers attacked but the blast killed only one guard. Guards were reported to have opened fire on the attackers, which may have kept the death toll down.

aftermath3

Al-Shabab makes frequent attack attempts against government leaders and seats of power.

“They attack the restaurants because they hate to see people peacefully spending time together,” said Mohamed Abdi, an Interior Ministry employee who spoke as he stood near the dead body of an old man. “They are committed to obliterating any sign of peace. Because of such attacks, it’s very hard for the government to restore security in the near future.”

African Union forces pushed the al-Qaida-affiliated group al-Shabab out of Mogadishu in August 2011, but the rebels continue to carry out suicide attacks in the capital.

Source AP

Carafaat   

Allah ha u naxariisto masakiinta meesha ku dhimatay.

The only way we can beat al Shabaab, is to work on a society that is build on justice rather then guns and force.

Somalia;976439 wrote:
Interior Minister Abdikarim Hussein Guled is working hard as usual at Marka beach!!

Adeer this part of his work to promote the peace like Abdiwali did also football at Lido beach. Markuu Abdiwali samaynayay waad la jirtay imikana waad ka soo horjeedaa. Adeer naga dhaaf bahasha.

Somalia   

Wiil Cusub;976448 wrote:
Adeer this part of his work to promote the peace like Abdiwali did also football at Lido beach. Markuu Abdiwali samaynayay waad la jirtay imikana waad ka soo horjeedaa. Adeer naga dhaaf bahasha.

Oh yes and here comes the usual tribal bull expected from the likes of you. No one is taking shots at the president here, nor the defence minister who is also swimming.

I am talking about the Interior Minister who controls the intelligence and counter terrorism forces, was Abdiweli the interior minister, was that his responsibility? Take your tribal glasses off please, I can't say I am disappointed with your behaviour as it is expected!

Marksman,

2 days ago in Marka.

Carafaat   

Marksman;976449 wrote:
When were those pictures taken? We need context.

Those pictures were taken few days ago in Marka. A city occupied by Al Shabaab till few months ago. The President and Ministers went there to strengthen the efforts of the government to pacify the region and build an inclusive administration in those region. the reason why they went swimming is to raise awareness among the Somali public. In order to educate Somalis to change mentality and attitude and also to promote the return of Somalis and invest in their country. A good and noble effort if you ask me.

Carafaat   

Wiil Cusub;976448 wrote:

Somalia wee ku cusub tahay waxa la dhaho mucaaridnimo. He needs to understand that there is a difference between constructive criticism and destructive criticism. He needs to avoid the later one, who knows his uncle may return to hold the big chair again.

Somalia   

:eek: Oh yes, how dare I criticize an interior minister who has in 12 months allowed Al-Shabaab to attack more Mogadishu locations than before, how dare I point out that foreign intelligence services such as the British MI6 have more intelligence on Al-Shabaab's networks and can tell of incoming attacks better than our own!

How dare I! Indeed to some it is destructive criticism, destroying their fantasies of Mogadishu's resurrection with such futile policies.

Secessionists love Mogadishu's demise therefore I am not surprised by your comments, Carafaat and Wiil Cusub as you do come from a tribal enclave and not a mixed vibrant city like Mogadishu.

Some heads should roll for this one. The interior minister needs to resign or be forced out. I don't know what Minister's relation to the Prime Minister or President, but incompetency should not be tolerated.

YoniZ   

Che -Guevara;976507 wrote:
Some heads should roll for this one. The interior minister needs to resign or be forced out. I don't know what Minister's relation to the Prime Minister or President, but incompetency should not be tolerated.

Do you have in the history of this nation a minister resigned or replaced because of failure in his/her duty?.

If not, how this culture of accountability can be taught to our people?

The reality on the ground in both business and politics is that if you failed big time, it is considered as experience and you will either be rewarded with higher position or at least you will earn some bragging rights.

Carafaat   

Che -Guevara;976507 wrote:

Al Shabaab would have like that a lot. Bring in a new minister, boom, another suicide attack or assasination. More political chaos.

where are the Al shabaab sharks when u need them!! Oh.....i forgot, they r still in the lab!! being trained to sniff for traitor smelling douche-bags! give them couple of weeks, n then u will see this homies bold heads doing 60 miles/hr in the indian ocean!

Keep hope alive pple!! lol.