Sign in to follow this  
Mooge

fury in Mogadishu . diaspora taxi drivers are taking all the jobs leaving local graduates unemployed

Miyir   

Cambuulo iyo bun;975924 wrote:
:D

Bro im i not somali? I got the right to work in my own country :cool:

:cool: go back where you come from!

Haatu   

Miyir;975926 wrote:
:cool: go back where you come from!

Wallahi that's ibtilo. In the West you're abused with this. At home you're also abused with this :D

Haatu;975937 wrote:
Wallahi that's ibtilo. In the West you're abused with this. At home you're also abused with this

^

i know. somaha?

balse the qurbos bring much needed skills, good work ethic and professionalism (less than 10%)......... and there's often an exaggerated sense of world traveller ilbaaxnimo about them, you know the type.....seen that, done that, got the t-shirt but i'm here now and in need of job because i speak English. i can see why these qurbos are despised but on the other hand i can see why they're also appreciated, if that. this paradox needs to be resolved.

there's a brain-gain but more seriously there's a brain-drain. the best and brightest of umada Somaliyeed are heading towards the high seas. this is sad. in their place, there's a lot of qurbos returning but they're the rejects that the West spat out (criminals, injected and desperate one-last-heist sort of folks). those left, if not planning to tahrib, are slowly being squeezed out of the job market......because they too, feel if i could go aboard, they'll be able to get the necessary cash and glory often associated with being from qurbaha. sadly, they're 20+ years too late and it never turns out as they imagined. for the qurbos, it turns out different because they're now ''kings of hell'' as opposed to being ''slaves of heaven'' but they see this as temporary.

that's what i think. but for the sake of objectivity, please treat my musings as very bias because i'm obviously post-qurbo but not quite local, if you know what i mean. :P;):D

kickz   

Haatu;975937 wrote:
Wallahi that's ibtilo. In the West you're abused with this. At home you're also abused with this

Thats why I am gonna wait another decade before migrating back, let the country settle down and get used to us diaspora returning.:P

These kids don't seem to understand that jobs are created all the time. There isn't a "fixed limit" of the amount of jobs in Somalia. Diaspora men returning to invest in their Homeland will multiply the amount of jobs available for the local Somalis.

In other words, Somalia's economy is like a pie. The richest get the largest share of the pie, and the poorest Somalis get the smallest share of the pie. The objective is: Increase the size of the pie, so that everyone is better off.

Be optimistic, there are better days ahead. As Somalia becomes more peaceful, foreign direct investment will go up dramatically, which will benefit everyone, insha Allah.

I believe locals have a valid point! All DCs shouldnt be hired by the gov't, they should open their own businesses n hire the locals. If they going back home, then they should have the means to open their business.

Besides, why should the somali pple trust some DCs who is been gone all these yrs!! God only knows if hes a crack head or Jajuus!! Govt should at least give the DCs 5 to 10 yrs of repatriation so they can sync with the locals.

Hell, i at least need 10yrs to sync with back home daqan!! I am still trying to find out an answer for like why i need to pay money to marry a xalimoo!! Love is free!! wth.

Juxa   

Don't dismiss the locals so easily. They do study hard and try to further their opportunities.

The diaspora returnees are often odayaal, did nothing whilst in the west and now have cushy jobs because of qabiil. Who do you think the educated and the qualified work for? A punch of non qualified qasaaro-joog

Having said that the qurbo joog should live like locals and not segregate themselves. This will keep the living costs down and thus the resentment. I will be emailing the afhayeen.

Run sheeg waa ceeb sheeg

Khadafi   

Juxa;976027 wrote:
Don't dismiss the locals so easily. They do study hard and try to further their opportunities.

The diaspora returnees are often odayaal, did nothing whilst in the west and now have cushy jobs because of qabiil. Who do you think the educated and the qualified work for? A punch of non qualified qasaaro-joog

Having said that the qurbo joog should live like locals and not segregate themselves. This will keep the living costs down and thus the resentment. I will be emailing the afhayeen.

Run sheeg waa ceeb sheeg

+1. Thats the truth, most of those returning are often single mothers with 5 children and a small scale of of politican wannabes