Sign in to follow this  
Blessed

TEDxMogadishu 2013 Theme: Rediscover

Carafaat   

Isn't TEdx about sharing innovative ideas? The most speakers are talking about NGO mashruucs that have little to do with real innovation. Besides the NGO projects and mashruucs, there is real innovation going on in Somalia. but unfortunately the organizers limited their scope. a bity for TEDx.

*Blessed;975630 wrote:

Alpha - always two steps behind you aren't I. I liked what Abdi Latif said about the 'know it all' Qurbo Joog.

haha@Blessed,

my aniga-og tirades are getting out of control, ma istidhi?

Carafaat;975632 wrote:
Isn't TEdx about sharing innovative ideas? The most speakers are talking about NGO projects and mashruucs that have little to do with real innovation. Besides the NGO projects and mashruucs, there is real innovation going on in Somalia. but unfortunately the organizers limited their scope. a bity for TEDx.

somaha?

it's the NGO-economic complex. it's all about the mashruucs, abti.

Johnny B   

Mad_Mullah;975594 wrote:
We need to know If it's a bunch of HAGGERs going back to their mothership (Xamar) or whether they're Somalis from all over coming back to rebuild the nation.

So "HAHHERs" going back to their mothership (Xamar) are not Somalis who are coming back to rebuild the nation?

What a clanish sentiment !

Johnny B;975647 wrote:
So "HAHHERs" going back to their mothership (Xamar) are not Somalis who are coming back to rebuild the nation?

What a clanish sentiment !

There's a difference between Somalis from all over coming back to the capital or just Haggers going back to their old city.

Safferz   

Carafaat;975632 wrote:
Isn't TEdx about sharing innovative ideas? The most speakers are talking about NGO mashruucs that have little to do with real innovation. Besides the NGO projects and mashruucs, there is real innovation going on in Somalia. but unfortunately the organizers limited their scope. a bity for TEDx.

TED talks are also often about the work people are doing, organizations/companies they've formed, etc that are making an impact. Give the organizers a break, I can imagine it's difficult to find and bring in speakers for an event like this, given the location and security concerns (I know through a friend that they've had people turn them down or back out).

I will have to wait until the videos are uploaded, it started later than expected due to technical difficulties with the live stream and I fell asleep about three speakers in :(

Carafaat   

I can imagine they are working under a very difficult environment. Organising the event itself is a unicum.

kudos to the organisers.

Safferz;975663 wrote:
TED talks are also often about the work people are doing, organizations/companies they've formed, etc that are making an impact.

oh yeah?

talks about washing machines, more like. one of this year's distinguished guest has been invited because he owns a dry-cleaning business. ileen meesha waxaab lagu ma hayo. :o

i haven't seen the talks yet but i hope they have substance to them. i'd hate to waste my time hearing....poorly spoken English learnt in Mogadisho's privates or how they are working under difficult circumstances and other related victim-mentality offerings.

STOIC   

Poorly spoken English? What an arrogant little snob. Get over your superiority fix you Nacaas.Aafkaa maa ki hooyo baa?You sound like a snob as you try to dazzle as with your qurboojoog English. Your stuck up attitude is giving the impression that you are better than Mogadishu folks. Now go ahead and troll

STOIC;975670 wrote:
Poorly spoken English? What an arrogant little snob. Get over your superiority fix you Nacaas.Aafkaa maa ki hooyo baa?You sound like a snob as you try to dazzle as with your qurboojoog English. Your stuck up attitude is giving the impression that you are better than Mogadishu folks. Now go ahead and troll

+1

STOIC;975670 wrote:

STOIC,

what's your problem with me? it's like you're obsessed with countering my opinions, these days. if for instance, i say this is green, it seems you'll say its red whilst adding a few negative comments about my person. waayoow? are you a self-hating SL apologist? do you think you're impressing anyone with these ''isaacians laba ka xeeran'' BS?

these are merely opinions and nothing more. there is nothing to suggest in the text that i have a ''superiority complex''. also, i'm not a ''snob'' nor do i have a ''stuck up attitude''. why are you saying these terrible things? i love Xamar Cadeey. everyone knows that. ask them, if you don't believe me.

aflagado iyo caay wa laga ficaanyahay, ma garatay, abti?

STOIC   

Alpha, okay waaan kaaa qaleey..just next time tone it down your crazy ideas. It is not like I'm against you saving Somalia from meteor on its way! Waaa waaanoo

^^^

abti,

waxba ha nagaa qaleyn, ma garatay? because you're not really in a position to in aad wax ka qaleysid. develop opinions, inaar.

despite you thinking i'm somehow crazy, foolish and attention-seeking, i'm merely critiquing the ideas being deliberated on these boards. someone has to do it, and being a conscious cultural critics, it's my forte ee buuqaaga iyo qaylada iga joogi. waana iga taalo. :);)

Haatu   

The sand-dweller seems to have got his knickers in a twist :D

That said, couldn't they at least have edited out the long break(s) in the video?

Johnny B   

Mad_Mullah;975659 wrote:
There's a difference between Somalis from all over coming back to the capital or just Haggers going back to their old city.

Not at all the mad one, still "HAGGERs" going back to whatever city/town or village of theirs in Somalia are Somalis who are coming back.rebuilding their country..