Sign in to follow this  
Saalax

Mogadishu - I woke up to find a man who was undressing me

Saalax   

"Hawa”, a 13-year-old girl was abducted and held captive for nine days. She doesn’t remember much but that she was drugged, abused and repeatedly raped by her captors before being rescued.

01291865444_ARTICLE_IMAGE_SomGirlDyingMe

"Rahma” is a mother of four whose husband abandoned her shortly after the birth of her youngest child, a girl, now eight months old. Rahma was brutally assaulted and raped in mid July 2013 in her shelter in one of the many sprawling camps for Internally Displaced People (IDP) in Mogadishu. Last week she recounted her ordeal to Amnesty International:

“I tried to resist but he kept saying he would kill me so I stopped in order not to get killed. He came into my buul (shelter) with a knife; it was night but I don’t know what time it was; I have never had a watch. My buul has no door and there was nobody to protect me, I was with only my children and God. My children were sleeping. I kept quiet because I was scared. After he left what could I do? Only God is my witness. If I told neighbour they would just laugh at me and say bad things”.

“Fartun”, a 14-year-old girl living in an IDP camp in Mogadishu, was raped by a man who entered the shelter where she was recovering from an epilepsy attack in the second half of August.

She told Amnesty International: “I woke up to find a man who was undressing me and I tried to scream but he grabbed me by the throat so that I could not scream. My four-year-old cousin woke up and he told her to be silent. He did his business and then ran away”. The girl’s grandmother told Amnesty International the neighbours who had been woken by the girl’s scream and had come near the shelter saw a man aged about 30, wearing a kikoi (a traditional loin cloth) and carrying a bakor (a woken stick with a hand-grip) leaving the shelter and running away.

“Halima”, a mother of five, managed to fight off the man who entered her shelter in one of Mogadishu’s IDP camps in the first half of August and tried to rape her. She fought him off but she paid dearly for it. She sustained gunshot wounds in both hands and lost the baby she was carrying.

somali-woman.jpg

"I was asleep in my buul; and woke up and found a man with a gun. He told me ‘shut up and undress, if you scream I will kill you’. My eldest son, who is disabled, pleaded with the man; he told him ‘shoot me but leave my mum’ but the man just threatened him. Some of my younger children woke up and he told them to be silent and so they lay down quietly. He tried to undress me by force and I resisted and as I tried to grab his gun a shot was fired and I was injured in my hands. I fell over and my hands were bleeding, He kicked me very hard on my right side; it was so painful, I screamed. Some neighbours also started shouting and came out of their shelters with torches. The man ran away. In the following days I started to bleed so I went to hospital. I was told that I had lost the baby. I was about three months’ pregnant”.

http://www.amnesty.org/en/library/asset/AFR52/009/2013/en/eb047917-6b63-4d78-9e77-1ee22c4ff0a9/afr520092013en.html

This picture has nothing to do with the report. Take it down. That child was hit by shrapnel and for all we know, she's dead.

I don't think the other has anything to do the report either.

i'm quite sure these things happen in Mogadishu but we should treat Amnesty International's coverage with caution. reading the article you can't help but notice the disgusting undertones and subtle nuances of sensationalising the issue.

Cambuulo iyo bun;975505 wrote:
This guy is sick walahi all this for political scoaring

oo wayooow?

you don't want to see the darker side of Mogadishu, miyaa?

YoniZ   

I thought our friend Saalax took recreational break from this sort of tailor made dissemination.

This brings to the mind the book ‘Propaganda Menace’ and my favourite quote:

“Imagine a man who, first from mere curiosity and then from feverish absorption, goes regularly down to a wide and swift stream behind his house, wades out amidst the treacherous currents and spends hours of every day collecting samples of whatever the stream brings him, especially its flotsam and jetsam -- soggy papers, rusty misshapen cans, rags and tatters of garments, decaying flowers and vegetables, broken boxes, and we know not what besides. He garners with the enthusiasm of a sportsman, lugs his treasures ashore, and there in a quiet cove spends much time in careful examination and sorting until he has satisfied himself as to the source, nature, volume and dangers of this refuse.”

The Propaganda Menace

Frederick Lumley

YoniZ   

To add a bit more from the Propaganda Menace: “Propaganda is, or at least may be, a five-sided affair: first, there is the side of the origin, beginnings, sources; second, there is the side of the interests involved; third, there is the side of the methods used; fourth, the side of the content spread; fifth, the side of the results or consequences to the victims.”

Maqane   

Che -Guevara;975497 wrote:

This picture has nothing to do with the report. Take it down. That child was hit by shrapnel and for all we know, she's dead.

I don't think the other has anything to do the report either.

AUN

The other one links to this article

AUN her son too

An internally displaced Somali woman mourns near the body of her son, who died of malnourishment, next to their temporary home in Hodan district, south of Somalia's capital Mogadishu, (File).

__

The article published on Amnesty international site seems to 've been updated and the embedded images used in the report are broken, could it be that the images 're posted/embedded first by {editor/reporter}for the Amnesty itself or did Saalax expressly linked these images?

STOIC   

Clicked on the link and found out no pict associated with it.. This shows how clearly you are obnoxious that needs help...May Allah help your sick mind

Cambuulo iyo bun;975518 wrote:
bloody q@aldaan

:D;)

for all your xayeysis, pretence and bravado, it's quite clear there is a perverse underbelly of sorts in Mogadishu and you don't need Amnesty International to tell you that. abti, Mogadishu, to put it bluntly, is basically hell-on-earth. its virtually a post-apocalyptic wasteland. it looks like a nuclear armageddon has ripped through this hell-hole, leaving it's people afflicted with violence and moral corruption. the people will never recover from all those years of beheadings, abuse and trauma. its social-fabric is destroyed. this desolate wasteland will never recover because it doesn't have the capacity to reach those ever-so-critical prerequisite for development. these are not difficult. they are peace, stability and most importantly governance. there is killings, pillaging and destruction on a daily-basis and not only towards the government but on a micro-scale between neighbours, between brothers and it's seems like it's entered into the family unit, too......affecting its fragile social fabric. your people have become degenerates. they've evolved into pariahs and have developed an absent mind, that is incapable of thinking, let alone one that is capable of making strides towards development. if you expect me to believe that hype generated on these boards or the hyperbolic coverage by international media outlets, then you've clearly been mislead. at best Mogadishu will continue as it currently is - slight economic growth coupled with some semblance of governance and at its very worse, well.......... we haven't seen the worse yet but something similar to the criminality, social destruction, protracted inter-tribal warfare and the terrible lawlessness we witnessed in the early 1990s and beyond anything seen or covered by the international media.

STOIC;975520 wrote:
Clicked on the link and found out no pict associated with it.. This shows how clearly you are obnoxious sicko that needs help...May Allah help your sick mind

please isku xishood and stop calling people disgusting names.. also...... respect people's right to express themselves or i will do something about it.

Johnny B   

Saalax is still retailiating on that guy from Mogadishu who posted about the rapes in Hargeisa.

And he may be sick but he is not the only sick one here.