Sign in to follow this  
Mooge

Why do 25, 26, 27 and even 28 year old somalis pretend to be YOUTH or dhallinyaro??

Mooge   

it is weird. nin weeyn o waxa arkaysa isku shegaya dhalinyaro. looool. walahi i have seen a 28 year old man calling himself youth. in nairobi rag waweyn oo 26 and 27 year old baleh waxa nahay youth. western standard of youth age 10 to 24?? the somali standard is even more strict than western. somali standard is that if you are older than 15 you are a big person.

LOOL@Mooge,

inaar, maa 30-kii baad fooda laga gashey?

i'm in this group of people you speak off. sometimes, i feel young and sometimes old by comparison. by a western standard, i feel relatively young balse, the life expectancy here, in the nation's capital, is a mere 55 years and i've already lived half of that, ma garatay?

Mooge   

Alfi, i am quite young ninyoow. i am not even 24 yet, but i always laugh at big goons saying they are youth. ninyoow, they are embarrassment to the community. at one time in nairobi restaurant i told one of the "youth" that he is 28 calling himself youth and everyone laughed. he hates me upto now. ninyoow, once age passes 21 you are an adult. the westerns added another 3 years to help with transition. but somalis never leave the transition period and are calling themselves youth even at 27 and 28 years. ciyalnimada kama weynadan.

Mooge;974652 wrote:
Alfi, i am quite young ninyoow.
i am not even 24 yet
, but i always laugh at big goons saying they are youth. ninyoow, they are embarrassment to the community. at one time in nairobi restaurant i told one of the "youth" that he is 28 calling himself youth and everyone laughed. he hates me upto now. ninyoow, once age passes 21 you are an adult. the westerns added another 3 years to help with transition. but somalis never leave the transition period and are calling themselves youth even at 27 and 28 years. ciyalnimada kama weynadan.

i really doubt it.

Coofle   

it has to do something with Maturity,,,,,I always referred myself as "Dhalinyarada" until one day stranger boys and some girls! started calling me "Adeer", that was my epiphany ....

@Alpha you can always stay young in your heart, but yaan lagaa dareemin, act mature , talk mature , the better you fake the more people believe your maturity , and God knows I mastered that art long term ago....in your own time, enjoy being childish, ((I am still a follower of an anime series that was from the late 90s, I wish it finishes so I stop hiding around when looking at it...loolzz..)) as I said maturity is all about acting and taking responsibility like a man .....

wyre   

Forget about what western call them selves, dhalinyaro waa intaad xoog leedahay, oo aad intaad dhuuso mareeb kasoo lugeyso illaa daafeed aad ku imaan karto, haddii aad intaas sameyn karin waxaa tahay, oday gaboobe,

Somali's sideedaba labey u kala baxdaa oday iyo dhalinyaro, Even kid ka 4 jirka ah waa dhalinyaro :D

nuune   

^^ He was born in 1987. and you were born in 1989, both of you were children when BIG events took place in the motherland, and today, both of you demonstrate lack of knowledge in today's Somali Politics, at least, due to big events taking place while you were sucking hooyo caanaheed!

Coofle;974664 wrote:

@Alpha you can always stay young in your heart, but
yaan lagaa dareemin
, act mature , talk mature , the better you fake the more people believe your maturity , and God knows I mastered that art long term ago....in your own time, enjoy being childish, ((I am still a follower of an anime series that was from the late 90s, I wish it finishes so I stop hiding around when looking at it...loolzz..)) as I said maturity is all about acting and taking responsibility like a man .....

i don't usually do anything child-like, you know. in fact, people often think i'm much older than my actual age. i don't like, that i'm serious sort of person, well at least most of the times, but i do look back to my youth also as a time of seriousness. i'm the same as i was when i was 12 - serious, responsible and mature. cala kuli xaal, i'm the sort of person you can trust with money and who you'd ask to marry your daughter (happened 3 times already) :P. i like pretending to be a 'risk-taker', 'exotic', and 'dangerous' but it's all pretence, really, ma garatay? ;)

in japan, senior business managers and elites are resorting to new methods to release the anguish of being gagged by political correctness and the high standards of Japanese society. the constant need to conform to a rigid and indeed regimented standards of behaviour is driving people mad. the Japs are told how to behave, how to interact and how to express themselves because of the strict social etiquettes placed upon them. they go to Maid Clubs to live out their fantasies, desires and perversities. in these settings, they're able express themselves freely, apparently. they're also able to behave as they wish and as unruly as possible but of course, in a controlled environment :P. these clubs are attracting more and more members because societal pressures and conventions are increasingly alienating more and more people.

in the UK and many Western countries, many are resorting to role-plays to get their kicks. i was watching the National Geographic the other day, and they were talking about 'Adult Babies'. these 'Adult Babies' behave like babies because of 'some emotional void'. it's quite sickening ruunti, inaar. they wear diaper, have all sorts of baby toys, baby paraphernalia, speak baby mumbo-jumbo and pretend they're babies, despite being grown adults. even worse, they have full-time carers who play along with and encourage their 'perversities and fantasies'. some of them, have full times jobs, but switch to 'baby mode' after finishing work. :P;) waar, waa caajib dadkan. i was in shock walahi. :D

^^^^

:D:D

Mooge,

i think you're being slightly OTT, here. it's fine for a 25 to be child-like but a 49 year old Media Executive, who pretends to be a baby, is far more worrying and disgusting. :D

nuune;974716 wrote:
^^ He was born in 1987. and
you were born in 1989
, both of you were children when BIG events took place in the motherland, and today, both of you demonstrate lack of knowledge in today's Somali Politics, at least, due to big events taking place while you were sucking hooyo caanaheed!

sxb,

waa kuu sidee?

sowdigan ciyaal naga dhigay. i was born in 1978. :D

waalahi you're right. they married a year later and had a litter of 7 babies in 11 years. :D:D:D i'm second youngest. i was born between 1984-1988. i don't actually know the exact year of my birth. it was in the dry season and the rains had just ceased. apparently in that year Bob Geldof visited Ethiopia, too. you see, my parents are considered illiterate by a western standard, maha? ani cunug ama oday baa ahay noo, that is, depending on the circumstance, may istiri aboowe?

jiinka iska naar, inaar. clearly they've been lending a helping hand, maha? :P