Sign in to follow this  
Taleexi

Go, Golden Girls, Go

Taleexi   

Prof Said Sh. Samatar

August 22, 2013

I think this prof. has the ability to express snap shots of life artistically.

AUGUST 4, 2013 WILL GO DOWN IN HISTORY as the day when the world came to a standstill, the sun gawked from his sphere in astonishment, the moon tore into the heavens with a prodigious peal of Somali laughter, the stars gazed on earth with luminous incredulity. What drove these celestial bodies into commotion was the spectacle of two Somali girls slugging it out verbally in a heated exchange at a meeting (in the Ugandan capital city of Kampala) of Government of the Troop Contributing Countries (TCCs) to the African Union Mission in Somalia (AMISOM), notably Djibouti, Brundi, Ethiopia, Kenya , Sierra Leone and Uganda. About the fighting girls: the one Fowsia Yuusuf Haaji Aadan, foreign minister of the “Government” of Somalia , the other Amina Mohammed Jibriil, freshly appointed foreign minister of Kenya.

http://www.wardheernews.com/go-golden-girls-go/

My head hurts from reading this article, my precious neurons will never be back. All I got was that they had a heated argument and that the africans feared that they will lose the gravy train and then he lost his stream of thought and started talking about a poet and his descendents. For a literary professor the writing is lacking quality.

raula   

artistically yes...however, focus-he's derailed the topic as Homunculus said. I was waiting to hear what happened..only to get "meel Xun bey isla gaadhen" ah. Laakin Fowsia & Amina are professionals, waana gabdho walaala ah ee somaliyeed..at the end of the day-they'll do what's best for the Somali people-be it in Kenya or Somalia. The crux of all this is as the prof said: "What have we done to our children, abandoned as they are to abject poverty and mass prostitution in the drinking bars and brothels of the very Kenya our diplomat is trying to expel? Contemplating the pass we’ve brought to ourselves, any other people would have wilted with collective, malignant shame. But not Somalis. "

We need time to heal & reflect. Good read nonetheless.

nuune   

^^ All I read was that at the age of 4, that both of them in sakiin lala dhacey, articleka dhanba waxaan u wada akhrin waayey waa baangad baa nalala dhacey anagoo yaryar, hadee hooyadii dhashey unbaa la dhacdey iyo aabihii soo ma ahan, in ay articles ka dhac qeyliyaan ma ahan but it is good cause in laga hadlo falalka Faraaciinta, walaw uuba Fircoon qudhiisa uu anaga naga bartey falkan oo ay ku aheyd Masar dhaqan cusub oo laga soo import-gareeyay Soomaaliya.

D.O.C   

Fowsia, why are you fighting for somali women when the president himself can't even condemn the act of the AMISON soldiers in regards to the rape? I think it's very hard to Separate wildebeests from buffaloes. Come home eddo.