Sign in to follow this  
Dr_Osman

Puntland Investment Guide 2013

YoniZ   

It is poorly drafted piece by the incompetent PCCI. They should have hired an investment expert to do the trick for them.

79% of the fishing boats in Bosaso are Non-operational! - This figure only can scare any potential investor.

What is the point of putting personal email ‘saidciid@gmail.com’ in the report next to his formal email ‘chairman@puntlandchamber.com’ - someone should have mentioned mail forwarding option!

Can’t they find a better picture than this one! - Came on, Common sense please!

2cpcp5k.jpg

Mafia   

YoniZ;974517 wrote:
It is poorly drafted piece by the incompetent PCCI. They should have hired an investment expert to do the trick for them.

79% of the fishing boats in Bosaso are Non-operational! - This figure only can scare any potential investor.

What is the point of putting personal email ‘saidciid@gmail.com’ in the report next to his formal email ‘chairman@puntlandchamber.com’ - someone should have mentioned mail forwarding option!

Can’t they find a better picture than this one! - Came on, Common sense please!

2cpcp5k.jpg

Don't focus on what is lacking Abti but on the substance of the report. They built institutions and organizations that resemble a government entity, and the next step in building on that frame work. Think Positive.

YoniZ   

Saxib, I would love to be positive but this report doesn’t have any substance other than cut and paste of unreliable data from NGOs and few poorly chosen photos.

The institutions should perform like proper institutions not like the one drafted this report. For God’s sake, the title of the report is Puntland Investment Guide and knowing the importance of Investment it shouldn’t come to this mediocrity.

nuune   

^^ What do you suggest Mr Yoniz, I do agree everything you said there, well, this organization is supported and funded by USAID, can we say it is a well spent money, no.

YoniZ   

Nuune, my suggestion is simple, put the right person on the right job, install institutions with checks and balances and outsource things that they have no capacity to manage.

I wonder if anyone with basic investment report writing bothered to read/review the report before publishing.

USAID don’t give a dead rat about the quality of this report, so it should be the job of the ministry of commerce and other institutions concerned to take the lead.

Mafia   

Yoniz, your criticism is warranted here. I am not questioning that at all. I had a hard time making sense of the report's content because of its poor construct. As you would expect, most of reports of this kind from regional states, at least the ones I have seen thus far, have been partially propaganda, partially hope, and partially effort/information. But what this report tells me is Puntland has recognized the importance of making economic information available to the public. They have enough of a confidence in the capacity of their people and institutions.This is the first 1st step. Well done! Next step might be throwing a marketing twist on this by organizing and cleaning up future reports. Another step might be ensuring data integrity and professionalism and so on and so forth.That is my opinion. Overall, I'm happy to see state of Puntland develop and move in the right direction.

Siyaasi   

Yoniz has valid points and good critique, but hey who can blame these guys, they are doing what govs should've been doing, plus the country have seen a catastrophic brain drain in the last 22 years but these guys left the comfort of the west and are doing hard work to do some change. I know Mr Ciid and he is a dedicated man who I'm sure gave 150% to get a good report, but please concentrate on the full half of the glass, this is a process of learning and I am sure the 2014 report will be much better. Mr Ciid is a very civil man and will take critiques positively, so please make sure to forward your views to his email.

Lets concentrate on the full half

Glass-Half-Full.jpg

YoniZ   

Guys, no half full glass here. It is not even one tenth full and this report needs fully re-written.

My information is that, PCCI is a quasi-governmental body and its chairman one of the highest paid positions in that region.

So no excuses for this school boy cut and paste report.

Dear SOL community please congratulate to Diktoor and his fellow pirates, because it is the first time that I saw any documented report from PL. How many times I asked them any figures about their economy or other claims that they made heir in SOL.

Yes I agree with Siyaasi PL is changing and let concentrate than.

Che -Guevara;974546 wrote:
Dear Ditoore. Would you allow Wiil Cusub call your tribe pirates?

First congratulate the change and development they made and good preparation for New deal