Sign in to follow this  
Mooge

One of somaliland's biggest clans is having a peaceful conference and Siilaanyo is sending troops.

Somalia   

Well everyone claims to be large but that's not it. They are a cheerleader clan, they provide political support for other clans but can't make it to the top themselves therefore I think it is a small clan.

No wonder Xaji_Xunjuf was on multiple forums. Shoow ninku was trying to be relevant, after loosing hopes of any relevancy on the ground miya. lol

LANDER   

Dad iska hadal u yimii meesha aya forum kan ka buxa. Someone posted this in a juvenile attempt to stem discord among Somalilanders. Here are a couple of Facts you should consider before you start yapping about military presence, first the chief of staff of the Armed forces (i.e. the top general) is from this said clan and so were the two previous Chief of staffs before him as well as most of the generals in western Somaliland. So unless want to make some type of moronic argument about how the army chiefs are trying to harm their own kin, let's put that to rest. Second fact, Kulmiye party drew alot of support from these folks in the last elections and they have alot to do with Siilanyo being in power today.

Back to the topic though, I've said this before and I'll say it again, I don't find these types of tribal meetings to be productive or useful but counter-productive, they go against the progress made towards a post-tribal society in Somaliland. Democracy in large part has enabled us and even forced us to cooperate amongst each other without over relying on kinship and tribal ties and I feel these are just reviving old traditions that maybe should be left in the past. A couple years ago when one of the tribes held such a meeting in Sanaag I was afraid it might motivate others to do the same and it looks like it has. I don't know what's with the media attention but I hope this meeting doesn't get too many high profile attendees from the SMs and this type of stuff doesn't continue to be replicated by others. Frankly speaking I'm embarassed this meeting is being held.

GAROODI   

It's called pirates desperation. When defeated everywhere they wish for you to turn on yourself. The number one article to come out of the conference will be SOMALILAND is sacrosanct mark my words like every other conference. Clans in SOMALILAND hold conference to usually talk about how to improve relations with naibouring tribes and develop their cities etc this one is no different. Osman if it is the case are you prepared to eat my shoe ?? I will air mail it to you hahah...