Sign in to follow this  
Wiil Cusub

Egal Int. Airport Hargeisa

STOIC   

Pardon our appearance, Still under construction should have been the sign.The Coca-cola factory they had few years back looks way better! Who we kidding here.Someone somewhere got a cut! This is what you get when you at the mercy of corrupt cacophony of power. At least it is decent and can pass for an airport now...It makes me happy inside though to see a communal celebration of even our mediocrity! haha

Somalia   

Classified;973903 wrote:
22 years dawladnimo sheego and this is the best you can do with 22 years of Foreign support?

Xaasidnimada jooji, this is a very advanced international airport in Somaliland.

Somalia;973904 wrote:
Xaasidnimada jooji, this is a very advanced international airport in Somaliland.

You're right, this is a very advanced International airport. Excuse my xaasidnimo my fellow Somalilanders. :(

Somalia;973906 wrote:
I mean that for an airport in Somaliland, not the world.

Xaasidnimada jooji, it's a very advanced International airport for an international standard, not just only Somaliland.

N.O.R.F   

To be honest the main reason for the closure was to expand the runway so airbus a320 and boen 737 could land. Now the question has this been done?

I'm not from somaliland, and I have to admire their efforts. It is way better, at least terminal wise, than Djibouti, who after all, are a country. The other thing is, compare this development to Xamar and all of a sudden, theirs is functioning chaos that have a willing to move on.

Well done, reer SL.

nuune   

N.O.R.F;973909 wrote:
To be honest the main reason for the closure was to expand the runway so airbus a320 and boen 737 could land. Now the question has this been done?

Well 320 is an upto 180 PAX aircraft, same fo 737 which is around 120-150 pax, I didn't know that HGA never handled such planes, so that is the main reason to expand the runway, in that case, why was it called an International Airport if it cannot handle that small capacity, or this was Antanov Daallo airport & Fokker plus UN smaller jets, wax badan baa isku qasan niyahow.

Carafaat;973880 wrote:
The most important question is where did the $10 million dollar from the Kuwaiti donation go? The most of these improvements are local mutuluyaal, and I see only one new building and I can imagine new asfalt also costed some money. But I dont really see anything that could have costed 10 million dollar.

This is the design of the new terminal the Goverment showed couple years ago.

egal_airport3.jpg

Siilanyo's nephew baa lacagta cuney..

Somalia   

Cambuulo iyo bun;973916 wrote:
Siilanyo's nephew baa lacagta cuney..

looooooooooooooooooooooool my nigga too real for this game 'ere u 'eard :D

Odey   

I say job well done!. Any development that will impact the lives of Somalis in a positive way is welcomed in my books. More of the same please !

N.O.R.F   

nuune;973915 wrote:
Well 320 is an upto 180 PAX aircraft, same fo 737 which is around 120-150 pax, I didn't know that HGA never handled such planes, so that is the main reason to expand the runway, in that case, why was it called an International Airport if it cannot handle that small capacity, or this was Antanov Daallo airport & Fokker plus UN smaller jets, wax badan baa isku qasan niyahow.

The runway was too short so it only handled smaller craft. I'm quite sure the runway was to be extended to accomodate the larger craft but that requires more than just the tarmac we see on the pics. The airport didn't need to be closed for the completion of the terminal as it was functioning during construction. They closed it to extend the runway so it could handle larger planes. Still no confirmation this is possible.