Sign in to follow this  
Wiil Cusub

Egal Int. Airport Hargeisa

STOIC   

When you are poor unrecognized country, this is a national event. Now if only the world gave us the millions they spend in Mogadishu we would have made impressive achievements In many areas.For now the little we get( long as them politicians don't pocket it) we would celebrate. Wonders of deepening peace and improving people's lives..

nuune;975699 wrote:
Ibti,

Ps:
I had some insider information that
Somali Airlines had acquired its third aircraft in 2 months
(can't disclose their model or seating plans), the planes are now undergoing painting and branding in one of Europe's capitals, okey, it is Dublin(number one place for aircraft leasing in the world) and Shannon Airport(few hours from Dublin(where they are being serviced now)).

The defunct Somali Airlines is planning to launch services this year, I expect the first destinations to be Hargeisa.

I thing this is worst idea to start 21 century national government owned flag carrier airline

YoniZ   

Wiil Cusub;975771 wrote:

1230066_413129605457737_1477683835_n.jpg1170839_413129728791058_173668000_n.jpg1240647_413128808791150_1058278489_n.jpg

999594_413128785457819_1059200256_n.jpg1098233_413129905457707_879122987_n.jpg1157609_413128778791153_1528320147_n.jpg

Breath taking pics.

Even better as there is no sight of mercenaries such as SKA running around the airport. Absolutely priceless.

nuune   

Wiil Cusub;975784 wrote:
I thing this is worst idea to start 21 century national government owned flag carrier airline

Would you have said if it was Somaliland Airlines being established!

nuune;975810 wrote:
Would you have said if it was Somaliland Airlines being established!

the biggest problem with reer Somalia is this ingrained fikir that they've had to carry the burden, humiliation and the self-induced guilt of their country's demise to the abyss, on an individual level but also more importantly on the international stage. the former Somalia was 'apparently' a prosperous nation once, according to these people. this shame, this guilt, which is more akin to the guilt Jesus Christ carries for the Christians, has manifested itself in many ways.... but none more so than through the symbolic value of the BLUE FLAG and WHITE STAR.

for 20+ years, despite feeling no sensations, of the patriotic kind, towards these ramshackle figments of a by-gone era, we've been, at least, on an international level forced to carry their failures, their flag and their experiences, which are so far removed from our own experiences. this flag in it's various forms has been displayed almost everywhere, albeit to my disgust. my local shop in North London had it on it's signage, my local community organisation had it on their logo, they'd even had the audacity to bring this symbol of shame to an 18 of MAY party once. there is no opportunity too great or no event to small to display these symbols of failure, for these people..... and now, as we're fed more and more lies and disillusions that Zion will be restored, it's become quite apparent there's an attempt to restore these grotesque symbols of nationhood. we've heard many ideas proposed and we've seen many a man fail.

it's seems time has stood still for our Southern brotherly neighbours........ for indeed, time has come, to vindicate those of a greater destiny. cala kuli xaal, i say, let them talk their talks and let us walk our walk to glory. indeed.

somalia.jpeg

Nuune,

abti,

you're more than free to use this symbol of shame on your 1960's Russian Propeller jacbur aircrafts, ma garatay? :cool::P;)

Carafaat   

nuune;975699 wrote:

The defunct Somali Airlines is planning to launch services this year, I expect the first destinations to be Hargeisa.

Nuune, is this Airline private owned or a public company owned by the government?

nuune   

^ haye inaar, even though waxaa soo qortey dhan waxba kama aanan fahmin, laakin last sentence made some sense, hence why I am replying to you inaar, gudniinka fircooniga & russian propeller in one sentence, wallaahi dirty socdaad noqotey, inaar

nuune   

Carafaat;975825 wrote:
Nuune, is this Airline private owned or a public company owned by the government?

Government owned, public shares will open once some stabilization is achieved within few months of operation

N.O.R.F   

What is this about ET purposfully not fully loading the plane due to the short runway (2.4km)? Please advise reer Hargaisa.

Nuune, what is the min runway stretch required for a 737/a320?

nuune   

^ Norf, for 737-800, ET is right not fully loading the aircraft, as fully loaded plane requires minimum of 2.98km, with 45m wide runway, I suppose the issue was not about the width of the runway, but the length of the runway which if it is 2.5km is a real shame.

It needs great technique in taking off with 2.5km, but some airports like short one's located in the sea or highly populated areas, 2.5km achievable but with care each time.

Never understood the logic of big, impressive schemes where resources are so scarce;

US/Soviet built Berbera airport is good enough as one of the biggest regional assets and 1-2 hours away from Hargeysa, so a much higher priority would have been to fix the potholes on the strategic corridor Berbera-Hargesa/Wajaale for regional trade.

After all, major airports are located away from cities and very few who would mind a little extra commute if coming from overseas (locals and regular residents need mostly small planes/airports).

N.O.R.F   

^Quite true. They should have concentrated on Berbera which is a gem in the whole region but unfortunately feasability studies are not something we care much about. I actually learned of a proposal from a wealthy UAE business man for the government to consider making Berbera a cargo hub. They said they would get back to him (about 2 years ago) :D

nuune;976144 wrote:
^
Norf
, for 737-800, ET is right not fully loading the aircraft, as fully loaded plane requires minimum of 2.98km, with 45m wide runway, I suppose the issue was not about the width of the runway, but the length of the runway which if it is 2.5km is a real shame.

It needs great technique in taking off with 2.5km, but some airports like short one's located in the sea or highly populated areas, 2.5km achievable but with care each time.

Shorter runways mean less rooms for mistakes and higher risk when landing/taking off yes but this means only a jumbo weighing half the weight can land. Defeats the purpose no?

Reer Hargaisa should confirm after their siesta

Tallaabo   

Abu-Salman;976146 wrote:
Never understood the logic of big, impressive schemes where resources are so scarce;

US/Soviet built Berbera airport is good enough as one of the biggest regional assets and 1-2 hours away from Hargeysa, so a much higher priority would have been to fix the potholes on the strategic corridor Berbera-Hargesa/Wajaale for regional trade.

After all, major airports are located away from cities and very few who would mind a little extra commute if coming from overseas (locals and regular residents need mostly small planes/airports).

This is the problem of clan politics when politicians are given important jobs not because of merit but just to appease clans and personalities. Unfortunately as a result most of our politicians lack the foresight and knowhow to run a country.

This is the perennial white elephants prestige schemes saga;

they are pondering now whether some of the billions for projects underway would be better spent in Djibouti

(eg, a mega chinese train upgrade vs better highways for trucks, new massive airport vs longer runaway ect).

It is a steep challenge to get them to focus on what really matters and is of most optimal efficiency: child and maternal nutrition, libraries & skills