Sign in to follow this  
Wiil Cusub

Egal Int. Airport Hargeisa

YoniZ   

nuune;975699 wrote:

The defunct Somali Airlines is planning to launch services this year, I expect the first destinations to be Hargeisa.

Interesting!

Nuune, what is the benefit for SFG to run national airline where they can't even manage to run functioning security forces?

Could this be a private scheme dressed up as national to generate income for the SFG? if that is the case, it must be a smart way to do business.

Juxa   

At least my next visit I will land Hargeysa:)

Now all we need is proper planes where you don't melt mid flight and you don't land minus your luggage.

Ibtisam   

So it happened, now how to upload photos and videos on here?- Nuune and North I have posted pictures on my twitter- halka ka eega. The video I will post on my blog.

Nuune it was 160 passenger capacity, laakin the flight was not full- 130 passengers.

About the Somalia airline- I cannot think of a worst idea! National airlines are a drain and a sure way to loose money- it is a national pride but globally it is losing so much money- you are better off paying another flight to be your flag barer. It would be a waste of money for a country that does not have a lot of money. Sorry- unless you are Emirates and dont have to pay for your fuel or something!

Juxa, it has AC- laakin the luggage always going missing with ET- even the Somali flights have better record! For some reason ET particularly in summer is terrible!

nuune   

^^ Same here, don't know how to use Twitter hehe, never used it

Ibti, so it was 737-800, that is good at least, 130 passengers already, that is a record for ET for first day at least, planes don't have to be full anyway, most important is keeping the schedule even no passenger on board.

Will try to locate the Twitter pics

N.O.R.F;974929 wrote:
Nice improvements yes but the airport was closed not for the refurbishment of the terminal (which was going on when the airport was operating normally). It was closed to extend the runway in order for larger planes to land. Please confirm if that will happen, inaar.

i'm not the spokesman of the Kulmiye Regime but i can get you the DG's email address and y'all can discuss this. :)

nuune;974944 wrote:

Norf
, Alpha is not going to provide any info about this, he has no clue of what is happening there at the airport, JB ayaba dhaamo oo sometimes some ministers kula shiro, Alpha doesn't even know what Terminal is tot he public, or Runway to planes, he thinks the runway is for herding elephants.

:D:D

nuune   

Norf, that is right, the equivalent of 320 waaye camal,

That is great picture Alpha,

Ibti soo tuur twitterkaaga, your blog kuma jiraan sawirada,

STOIC   

Nice sight..now where is the damn jetway bridge to the gate? I'm sure they could afford even one jetway bridge. It is scary coming down them stairs...this sort of things makes me smile with a proud (not arrrogance) and say Glorry to Somaliland!!