Sign in to follow this  
Classified

Somalia's population = 55 million?

;) Never changing eh. i think 55 million is too high, Kenya which is more densely populated is around 40 million, so its impossible. we are getting there soon, as contraception uptake levels are too low and the culture is very natalist.

Safferz   

Hobbesian_Brute;973661 wrote:
;)
Never changing eh. i think 55 million is too high, Kenya which is more densely populated is around 40 million, so its impossible. we are getting there soon, as
contraception uptake levels are too low and the culture is very natalist.

We also have poor mortality statistics, one of the worst infant mortality rates in the world, so bear that in mind.

Classified, did you mean to share a different video? It didn't discuss demography.

i agree about the mortality rate, but its getting better on that front as people move from rural to urban areas within Somalia and get access to healthcare. the fertility rate never drops off though ( ~ 6.26 in 2012 ), its consistently among the 5 highest in the world. which is very worrying.

Tallaabo   

The death rate among the Somalis is very high. With all the violence, infant mortality, women dying in labour, the general low standard of life of the majority of the population, and non-existent healthcare makes overall population growth very low.

God forbid, ten million have managed to destroy that environment, what would we do with 50 million Somalis. Somalia Has the second or third highest birth rate in the world, something like 6.3 so if only we can slow down the death rate, we wont be too far off that.

What of the Somalis in the diaspora esp the west, has their fertility rates dropped even a bit ? The Finnish were complaining about them having lots kids and abusing the welfare system.

Naxar Nugaaleed;973722 wrote:
^ I doubt, I've seen too many people who think family planning is haraam lol

But at least the girls are getting education now, no educated woman will ever consent to being a birth machine producing kids every year like a sow.